The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Luca_Blight
Gear in the Machine

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Luca_Blight »

So... Should I give Final Fantasy XIII another chance? Don't know why the thought crossed my mind...
now with an underscore
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Luca_Blight wrote:So... Should I give Final Fantasy XIII another chance? Don't know why the thought crossed my mind...
I really enjoyed it a good bit for quite a while. The combat is so "streamlined" that it plays more like a mobile game than a real RPG, but I somehow found it fun. There's something really satisfying about filling up that stagger meter and then wiping out a massive monster. But I was also studying until 10pm every night at the time and badly needed a game that let me decompress without having to try too hard, maybe that's why I liked it. And once I got to the part where it opens up a bit and isn't 100% linear anymore, I was sick of it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Luca_Blight
Gear in the Machine

Post by Luca_Blight »

spacehamster wrote:
Luca_Blight wrote:So... Should I give Final Fantasy XIII another chance? Don't know why the thought crossed my mind...
I really enjoyed it a good bit for quite a while. The combat is so "streamlined" that it plays more like a mobile game than a real RPG, but I somehow found it fun. There's something really satisfying about filling up that stagger meter and then wiping out a massive monster. But I was also studying until 10pm every night at the time and badly needed a game that let me decompress without having to try too hard, maybe that's why I liked it. And once I got to the part where it opens up a bit and isn't 100% linear anymore, I was sick of it.
yeah, that's about the same time I got sick of it when I last played it years ago. I've been on a classic JRPG spree over the past 3 years (save for a Mass Effect trilogy marathon recently) and I figured I'd give some more modern ones a try/retry. Currently playing Tales of Vesperia.
now with an underscore
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Serpent in the Staglands is fucking good. I was never into RPG or any of that stuff as a kid, but now I love the stripped down, lore-heavy dark ones. I prefer the ''isometric'' ones

but this one rules, along with Pillars of Eternity probably my favorite of the last calendar year
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

Chad wrote:Serpent in the Staglands is fucking good. I was never into RPG or any of that stuff as a kid, but now I love the stripped down, lore-heavy dark ones. I prefer the ''isometric'' ones

but this one rules, along with Pillars of Eternity probably my favorite of the last calendar year
im gonna check that out as soon as i wrap pillars!
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I'm on the IR list. Hyperextended my wrist when I picked up & bicep curled the groom at his wedding Friday night. Better get better fast with Halo inbound this week.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Mad Max feels a bit shallow after a couple of weeks of MGSV solid (see what I did there)(insert cricket chirping noise)

But I am enjoying it despite the abhorrent Australian-isms

Dinky Di is pronounced Dinky Die - not Dinky Dee - you don't call corpsed out Princess Diana "Lady Dee" - it's Lady "Di"

Also storms just go on for far too long when they happen.

But fun, yep, fun
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

doomeddisciple wrote:
Also storms just go on for far too long when they happen.

But fun, yep, fun
When a storm hit while I was invading a base/camp it was awesome, but while out in the middle of the road, FUCK!

I was able to play UnCharted 2 without pain in the arm, but it's not really a fast twitch game. At work today, simple mouse gestures are more of a problem, which blows because I was thinking of playing a horror game this weekend on the PC, like Call of Cthulu or Vampire Bloodlines, both of which need a mouse/keyboard to play. Anyhow, stopped the game last night at the beginning of the truck chase level right after the tank fight. If I remember right, isn't this level just the absolute fucking best. The helicopter, the train, the tank... when this games goes all out, it's just A+ stuff, really.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Well, now that Mad Max has DD's seal of approval, I'll have to check it out.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Because I totally wasn't waiting for an excuse to buy another game I'll never finish while the Bloodborne platinum is hanging over my head.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Dude you still haven't platinum'd it

WTF
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote:Dude you still haven't platinum'd it

WTF
I KNOW.

I fired it up again last week, but I'm stuck halfway into the cursed chalice dungeon, and let's just say you'll probably agree that's not a great place to pick things up again.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote:Dude you still haven't platinum'd it

WTF
I played like 15 minutes of Call of Duty: Ghosts, and as you may or may not remember it has a dog in it. A dog named Riley. I love dogs, video game or otherwise.

I tried to shoot Riley.

Just wanted you to know.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote:Well, now that Mad Max has DD's seal of approval, I'll have to check it out.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Because I totally wasn't waiting for an excuse to buy another game I'll never finish while the Bloodborne platinum is hanging over my head.
Dude - I'm totally rushing cause it's like what? Two weeks til Fallout 4 comes out.

I probably should have a look at that Bloodbourne DLC...and the Witcher 3 DLC.... ARGGGHHHHHHH!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Bloodborne DLC isn't out until November. Witcher 3 expansion is mandatory because it's fucking awesome.

Also, guess what I did tonight? Fired up TW3 and collected diagrams. lol.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote:Bloodborne DLC isn't out until November. Witcher 3 expansion is mandatory because it's fucking awesome.

Like November isn't a total Wasteland write off! After MGSV, Mad Max and Fallout 4 I might need to play Uncharted series again to get some lush unspoiled rain forest terrain back into baming.

Lol on diagrams.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

doomeddisciple wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Bloodborne DLC isn't out until November. Witcher 3 expansion is mandatory because it's fucking awesome.

Like November isn't a total Wasteland write off! After MGSV, Mad Max and Fallout 4 I might need to play Uncharted series again to get some lush unspoiled rain forest terrain back into baming.

Lol on diagrams.
PS4 Uncharted 1 looks much better but still looks aged. 2 is fucking beautiful for the most part.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I know I've probably posted this thought before, but Uncharted 2 was the first time I can remember playing a game just to stop and look at the detail of the graphics and being awed at what the dev's had done on a detail level.

Yes, other games throughout evolution got a "look at the graphics! wow" - but it was in one of the Myan or Aztec temples I think and a carving on the wall just made me go "WOW!"

I never got around to 3, I guess I should get that pack one day.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote: Lol on diagrams.
I'm doing the Wolven gear scavenger hunt, but I really don't know why - I already have the Viper set and it has better stats anyway. I just feel like the overdose from blasting through the game way too quickly has finally worn off, and I'm really enjoying just wandering around, picking up random mini-quests and killing things. Everything about the game is fun. I even like digging through the menus to scrounge together crafting components by dismantling and crafting them from others.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Why am I so excited for Halo 5? I do rather like the Halo games, but I've only ever considered them a solid "Good" game series, with some great vehicle battles, and some boring corridor repetition. I guess it's good to play a brand new nice and polished FPS that isn't all Foxtrot One Zero Niner, Delta Two, do you copy, over?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:I guess it's good to play a brand new nice and polished FPS that isn't all Foxtrot One Zero Niner, Delta Two, do you copy, over?
When I started baming again in 2009, I kinda scoffed at Halo because of its Super Soaker guns and the bright colors, but by the time Halo 4 came out I'd overdosed just as hard on looking at the same brown battlefield through the same dot sight in every FPS ever as everybody else, and it really felt like a relief. And apparently that's not even one of the good Halo games, but I can't ever find the motivation to play old games for educational purposes.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
The Bill wrote:I guess it's good to play a brand new nice and polished FPS that isn't all Foxtrot One Zero Niner, Delta Two, do you copy, over?
When I started baming again in 2009, I kinda scoffed at Halo because of its Super Soaker guns and the bright colors, but by the time Halo 4 came out I'd overdosed just as hard on looking at the same brown battlefield through the same dot sight in every FPS ever as everybody else, and it really felt like a relief. And apparently that's not even one of the good Halo games, but I can't ever find the motivation to play old games for educational purposes.
Fuck that. Halo 4 is one of the better ones. Much less same corridor rinse and repeat. No endless fucking Flood. The best story.

Only negative is I think a lot of the new weapons were weak, and there was no truly (and I'm going to use the word now, because it applies perfectly, and fuck hipsters and young douches for ruining the word) epic vehicle battles.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Alright, arrived at the job.

I hope Cortana's sweet fat ass returns in this one. Bitch had some nice upper thunder thigh action as well.

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Well, I saw the silhouette of them cum catching hips. That should count as something somewhere to someone.

What to say about this game? So far, I should say, I'm only a few levels in.

Visuals are amazing, yet uninspired. It all looks super pretty and very well done, yet in time when these graphics aren't state of the art, the scenery is going to seem generic.

Weapons are much improved. A lot of duds from 4 are now worth grabbing.

Less hallways, and more boxy room places. Vehicles are still kind of trapped in tight levels, like in 4. Maybe the new studio doesn't understand, but Halo 3's wide open vehicle levels were the maximum limit of awesome. Battles seem more chaotic, like in Halo Reach.

Why am I this boring black dude most of the game so far? Why was I Master Chief only once? Why am not the dude from Firefly? Seriously, if I'm going to be a guy in a game, do I want to be minority marine side kick character from a Battlefield game, or the guy that stars on Castle and ripped out that fag's eye on Buffy? Keep Lock.. Locke.. Lulu Lemon... whatever his name is as the commander if you must, but since all four of the B teams missions consist of people that aren't Master Chief, let me pick which one I am. Let me be a broad with some sloppy cyborg tits.

Yeah, this one isn't going to go down as the best Halo game for sure, but... BUT I am having a good (to quick moments of great) time with it.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hmm. Day 2 of Halo 5 produced much fruit. Scenery vastly improved, so I take back the generic comment. Also, I'm noticing the "large rooms" you fight in have a lot of flexibility. I can sneak past guys, go straight at them, go over, go above. There's actually secret passage ways and things. The Master Chief parts (which are sorely too few and far between) are very good and engaging. The other dude's missions have improved, but I don't care what anyone says, it's filler and it should have been the minority of the game. You know, it's trying to do a Call of Duty style, meanwhile away from the main story there's some people doing some shit over here, because of consequences from the main story.

I also need to mention the XBOX One's controller. I've always thought it a bit flimsy compared to Dual Shock 4, yet I haven't really used it much. The rumble feature, at least in Halo 5, is really cool. It does all sorts of different trembles and rumbles and jolts depending on different actions such as reloading different guns and so on. I've always thought of the rumble as a gimmick I've often ignored or pissed me off if I left it on a table and it went off. But the X1's is dynamic. Anyhow, it reminds me of one of those 4-D films like Sponge Bob, where the chair moves and buzzes and they blow bubbles at you. Still completely unnecessary, but I'm digging it as of right now.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

xbone controller > every controller
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.