The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by RY4N »

:lol:
Femto
Methods for Attaining Extreme Altitudes

Post by Femto »

On and off ...

KOF XIII
KOF 98 on FightCade. I hate being in the middle of a jump or attack when the game (multiplayer) freezes for 10/15 secs and hops back on with the opponent ready with a counter. Anyone I fight outta Russia or Mexico have sucky internet.
What you want....may not be what she wants.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

delmuerte wrote:ALL the bosses in Mad Max are the same. The only difference is that some of them have fire. All the looting is the same. The gameplay is fairly repetitive and there's not much pay out when it's all said and done, but it definitely scratches an itch.
doomeddisciple wrote:Mad Max about half way in I guess - I've done a near obsessive compulsive amount of driving around looting in the first three territories clearing loot and scrap scavenging.

Bosses are kinda all the same, convoys battles the same but scaling up on how many vehicles defending them - It kinda feels like a more compelling version of an Assassin's Creed game where you do the first couple of levels and it's basically the same throughout minus the stupid office simulator bits that ruin those games.

I am enjoying it though, not being a car racing game fan at all - more than I expected. Shaping up a sold respectable 7/10 to date. The story is blah blah blah drive and kill and collect - I don't even care.
They are except
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
For the one boss in Gastown who's car you have to blow up
"satisfying itch scratching" is possibly the best way to sum up the review of the game.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Max did me good. Got me through the seasonal transitional hump I get summer to fall.

I really don't want to start anything with Tuesday looming so near. I goofed around with a few games but I'm becoming addicted to Far Cry 2 (with mod & sweetfx).

Sweetfx crashed Bioshock Infinite. I'm not giving up. Reinstalling for mad scientist graphics experiments.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Uncharted 2. Love the game, but I just want to punch the Jennifer Aniston wannabe in the face.

Haven't played too many 2015 games, but 2015 has been one of the best gaming years of my life. Replayed old favorites, and beat a bunch of unfinished titled. I don't think I played a single bad game. 2016 might change that fact as I start to delve into some of the whim Steam sale purchases, but the future looks pretty good.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

It's Friday. Friday is the only day that I work Afternoon to Night. Because of that I usually go back to bed for a bit after taking the kids to school. Usually. Oh no, not today, though. Today my mind had to go into some sort of cosmic jail cell where the warden continually taunted me with threats of eternal entrapment unless I get the new Call of Duty today. Now, that's just stupid. I told myself to fuck off, pondered a Far Cry 2 run, and tried to get a nap. Nope! My mind was marauded with images of a game I haven't even seen footage for. Fine! It's close to my birthday and I used to always play the new Call of Duty around my birthday. Let's revisit the tradition one last time. Turned on Steam, and paid the 60 bucks like a huge asshole. It took forever to download, so I never got to play it before I left for work. And so, I was on the train and I start seeing that COD BLOPS 3 may very well be another Batman Gotham Knight PC debacle.

Goddamnit!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote:It's Friday. Friday is the only day that I work Afternoon to Night. Because of that I usually go back to bed for a bit after taking the kids to school. Usually. Oh no, not today, though. Today my mind had to go into some sort of cosmic jail cell where the warden continually taunted me with threats of eternal entrapment unless I get the new Call of Duty today. Now, that's just stupid. I told myself to fuck off, pondered a Far Cry 2 run, and tried to get a nap. Nope! My mind was marauded with images of a game I haven't even seen footage for. Fine! It's close to my birthday and I used to always play the new Call of Duty around my birthday. Let's revisit the tradition one last time. Turned on Steam, and paid the 60 bucks like a huge asshole. It took forever to download, so I never got to play it before I left for work. And so, I was on the train and I start seeing that COD BLOPS 3 may very well be another Batman Gotham Knight PC debacle.

Goddamnit!
Cool Japanese lady at my job just gave me a huge bottle of Sake for my birthday. I don't think I'll be caring what I play or what money is wasted tonight. Image
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So far Blops 3 run at 60fps with things mostly maxed. Windows 8 supremecy?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

yeah.... it's still Blops 3 that you're spending your time on though. you've lost focus, Bill.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

With 48 hours til I can pick Fallout 4 up I have finished Mad Max with still a few bits and pieces to do in the wasteland.

Bit easy, but a fun game.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:yeah.... it's still Blops 3 that you're spending your time on though. you've lost focus, Bill.
I wanted something new I could finish before FO4. It's fine but COD has changed some since the last time I played them. It reminds me more of Syndicate than the Modern Warfare titles.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I've easily died more times playing Blops 3 in the few hours I've played versus my entire run of Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I don't even know who kills me most of the time and I'm good at FPSers, damnit. Just too much spastic gun fire from every direction.

Got sick of it & tried Far Cry 2 and it keeps crashing at the same spot. So, delete and reinstall but I demand it works with the mod & sweetfx I installed because otherwise no thanks. Will try again tomorrow.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

I played Blops3 for literally one mission, couldn't start the next one, and refunded it. I was hoping that this one would be a turn for the better, but...
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

delmuerte wrote:I played Blops3 for literally one mission, couldn't start the next one, and refunded it. I was hoping that this one would be a turn for the better, but...
I'll return to it one day just because I want to unlock the zombie single player remix.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hours before Fallout 4 unlocked I reinstalled and got Far Cry 2 working. Very nice with the 1.3 Jackal mod. Way harder in ways, but overall much better than vanilla FC2. I can shoot a guy with a shotgun right in the face and they actually die. Sniper Rifles work. Just glorious. Hard, but glorious. Unfortunately, all this first person open worldliness will make The Bill a bored bastard. So, maybe we can slot it in after new Tomb Raider 2.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

holy crap I got ps now and a free 1 week subscription on my vita and I'm playing fucking the last of us, on my vita. amazing.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Been playing Dawn of War II.....FOR THE EMPEROR

BRB Orbiting Caldiris
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Once I get burned out on DoW II, I am considering modding either Morrowind or STALKER. ModDb used to be a great spot but both games don't look as populated as they used to be with mods. On my old rig, I got some graphics overhaul mods for STALKER from ModDb but they don't look like they are there anymore. I also know there is some massive graphics overhaul for Morrowind to make it look like Skyrim. Where does this shit live? I just don't want to go to some bunk site and have Russia infect my rig with a virus.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

electronichamz wrote:Once I get burned out on DoW II, I am considering modding either Morrowind or STALKER. ModDb used to be a great spot but both games don't look as populated as they used to be with mods. On my old rig, I got some graphics overhaul mods for STALKER from ModDb but they don't look like they are there anymore. I also know there is some massive graphics overhaul for Morrowind to make it look like Skyrim. Where does this shit live? I just don't want to go to some bunk site and have Russia infect my rig with a virus.
Try the Nexus for mods as well. Especially for RPG types of games. Morrowind will never look anything like Skyrim. Morrowind Overhaul is the best you're going to get and you won't ever get much better than that.

Once a season, I think about getting Morrowind off Steam. I played it on original XBOX many years ago, but I didn't get too far. I remember shooting hundreds of arrows at some pterodactyl thing, and some asshole trying to mug me on the road. Lack of fast travel is normally the thing that gets me to stay my hand.

As for Stalker. I used to try so many damn mods back in the day, since I didn't care for the vanilla game. Each and everyone of them crashed on me.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Thanks homie. I figured out what the mod for STALKER. It had been updated since the last time I loaded it so it looked and was named different.

I was going through my Steam library. There are so many games I've neglected as a result of cheap Steam sales. I shall be playing catchup for a while
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

If you try that Morrowind mod, look it up on YouTube to install it proper. I read last night it could crash the game.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Word
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I guess it doesn't matter that I have a ton of games to get through and I'm currently playing FO4 which will take a billion hours in and of itself. I still bought 8 more goddamn games off Steam today.

I saw Skyrim sitting there installed in my directory and it made me mad. I have unsettled beef with modding that motherfucker. So, I did. I threw a bunch of crap on it and here we go again. This time, I'm going for a Star Wars theme.

So, yeah, that's what I need. To play Fallout 4 and Skyrim at the same time. See you all when I'm 80.
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Star Wars theme with Randy Macho Man Savage dragons?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

electronichamz wrote:Star Wars theme with Randy Macho Man Savage dragons?
If I could just do the audio I'd do that, but the macho dragon reskin freaks me out.