The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

Of course there will be the specific super thread about a super duper specific games. I take nothing away from the Street Fighter IV, or Fallout 3 thread. And, of course, there's the I'm a nerd what system should I buy thread. But I say, why not some thread where you give Reeelapse a little dear diary action, hmm... video game action that is.

Any how, I just started playing 007 Quantum of Solace for the 360 (also for the PS3). I say, what a fun fucking game. It is like No One Lives Forever, more spy less humor, and with a bit of Gears of War LITE thrown in as is will happen with modern games. I'm a huge fan of the old First Person Shooter, and this is like a trip back to early 2K for me, with good modern FX (it uses the Call of Duty: Modern Warfar Engine). The enemies are smart.. but then they are dumb, okay. The game isn't Game of the Year material, but it's FUN, my friends. At least thus far.

Also played some guitar on the Rock Band 2. Which is always amusing to me. Anyone know if managers actually make any sort of difference. And yes, Geoff, I put my wife in the game, but made her look like the Pink Ranger.
riley
RILEY: PERPETUAL N00b

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by riley »

flickr :: last.fm :: recordnerd
EBA:2a03.exe wrote:Everything about her is just insane and otherworldly and sad in a I-can't-wait-to-shove-my-cock-in-your-tragedy kind of way.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

the only things i've been playing as of late have been street fighter IV, super street fighter 2 turbo hd remix, street fighter 2 hyper fighting, trigger heart exelica, and a bit of world at war when i want to play something different.

i'm really stoked for a bunch of the fighters coming out in the next few months. most notably marvel vs capcom 2 on xbla/psn, blazblue, and the new king of fighters. i'm so happy that fighting games are starting to make a bit of a comeback. i pray that street fighter 3 - 3rd strike makes it's way to xbla.
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Mmm! Well... I'll say this then, this is more of the "in progress, cannot rate yet thread" I have no way of rating 007 QOS till it's done. But, yes, that does suck all my time hear I forgot that thread. :oops:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

abdominalpillaging wrote:the only things i've been playing as of late have been street fighter IV, super street fighter 2 turbo hd remix, street fighter 2 hyper fighting, trigger heart exelica, and a bit of world at war when i want to play something different.

i'm really stoked for a bunch of the fighters coming out in the next few months. most notably marvel vs capcom 2 on xbla/psn, blazblue, and the new king of fighters. i'm so happy that fighting games are starting to make a bit of a comeback. i pray that street fighter 3 - 3rd strike makes it's way to xbla.

You seem to be a man that loves his 2D fighting games. Back in the 90's I'd try everyone of them, but eventually I stopped playing and the games took on an erratic turn with the charge bar super moves I became too old to do. I remember getting to Onslaught on MvsC and just getting ripped to shit by the boss because I had no idea how to do a hyper combo super blaster move.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

cod4 online, even though i should be playing tf2 instead.
some street fighter iv
fallout 3 (still)
phoenix wright on ds on the crapper
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote: fallout 3 (still)
Yes, yes, of course there's the Fallout 3 thread, but any quick advice on what skills to put into my dude the first time I play this. I plan on playing this once I'm done with Riddick. Geoff tells me put in into int., but I have to tell you I'm a man about gun play my first time through in a game like this. For Oblivion it was all about brute strength and healing.
riley
RILEY: PERPETUAL N00b

Post by riley »

if you put it in intelligence you have more skill points to distribute to everything (which includes your gunner abilities)
flickr :: last.fm :: recordnerd
EBA:2a03.exe wrote:Everything about her is just insane and otherworldly and sad in a I-can't-wait-to-shove-my-cock-in-your-tragedy kind of way.
death by snoo snoo
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.

Post by death by snoo snoo »

I'm just about the farthest thing on earth from a gamer, but I've been playing NBA 2k9 a good bit since I got it the other day as a present from my sweetie. I'm still waiting for Hostage Grenade to tell me why it's inferior to 2k8.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

I'm playing Last Remnant and it's ok...
Dan is The Bastard
Hetero as hell...

Post by Dan is The Bastard »

The new Wolverine game is the superhero equivalent to the last Rambo movie.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

zombiehead wrote:I'm playing Last Remnant and it's ok...
that seems to be the general consensus. that and it makes some baffling UI choices.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

I'm halfway through Lost Odyssey at the moment. When I don't feel like playing that, I'll throw on Left 4 Dead or CoD4. I just recently immersed myself in the wonderful world of console gaming and I'm cumming buckets. Not filling buckets with cum but actually cumming buckets.

After I finish Lost Odyssey I think I'll get Star Ocean or Tales of Vesperia.
god isn't interested in technology. he cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time forty-three species of parrots nipples for men
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

copstache wrote:
zombiehead wrote:I'm playing Last Remnant and it's ok...
that seems to be the general consensus. that and it makes some baffling UI choices.
its not as bad as Infinite Undiscovery atleast, not quite as good as Lost Odyssey

somewhere in between
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

i downloaded rhythm heaven earlier today and am thankful that i didn't buy it. maybe 5 hours of play and i'm 100% complete with it.

what the fuck? everyone was talking about how difficult this was. i was hoping this would be something that i could work at completing whenever i wanted to play something at work.
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

death by snoo snoo wrote:I'm just about the farthest thing on earth from a gamer, but I've been playing NBA 2k9 a good bit since I got it the other day as a present from my sweetie. I'm still waiting for Hostage Grenade to tell me why it's inferior to 2k8.
Oh man, my skills at any basketball that's not NBA Jam is horrible. If I do play on I always turn off any sort of foul it it becomes The Bill's Brawl for it all Ball.
Last edited by The Bill on Fri May 08, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

abdominalpillaging wrote:i downloaded rhythm heaven earlier today and am thankful that i didn't buy it. maybe 5 hours of play and i'm 100% complete with it.

what the fuck? everyone was talking about how difficult this was. i was hoping this would be something that i could work at completing whenever i wanted to play something at work.
this game was probably not intended for video game wizards such as yourself
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Dan is The Bastard wrote:The new Wolverine game is the superhero equivalent to the last Rambo movie.
I've seen footage, and I've heard it nice and visceral. But, is it fun? Honestly?
Dan is The Bastard
Hetero as hell...

Post by Dan is The Bastard »

The Bill wrote:
Dan is The Bastard wrote:The new Wolverine game is the superhero equivalent to the last Rambo movie.
I've seen footage, and I've heard it nice and visceral. But, is it fun? Honestly?
It's God of War with Wolverine so, yup.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

HAWX - I think this game looks and controls great. Sometimes a little frustrating, but it's more just my head trying to wrap itself around flying in open space. I really enjoy the hell out of the game, but only play a stage or two at a time.

Timeshift - $10 game while somewhat bland, is still pretty sweet with the time controls. The sounds that soldiers make when you kill them is hilarious, then gets twice as funny when you do it in slow motion. Not a great game, but worth the money if you find it cheap.

The Simpsons Game - Fucking awful camera, but for the $10 I spent on it, I found it pretty entertaining. I don't know if I'd recommend it.

Mass Effect - I keep taking breaks with this game, as I keep picking up others. It's a great game, and I am pretty deep in the storyline. I'll get back to this pretty soon.

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - I was hooked on the original Puzzle Quest on the DS and played the hell out of it, so getting this on XBLA was a no-brainer. At first I couldn't understand how the blocks slid around on the grid, but once I figured that out, the rest fell into place. I've probably put over 20 hours into this, and am not even halfway through. It's kind of a warm up / wind down game for me... I don't think I'll get bored with this one.

Peggle - I can play this forever.

I just got Mirror's Edge, but haven't had the chance to play it yet. I really like the concept and bright colors of the stages. I was addicted to the demo for a while.

I'm in the middle of a few other games as well.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

<3 mirror's edge
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

I was recently given a copy of Morrowind, an older RPG, and I promised I'd play it... but this sort of game really isn't my thing. I'm more of an FPS enthusiast, and while this game is FP, and the sword/club/arrow/etc battles are fairly decent, there's so much boring crap inbetween, I may have to go back on my promise. Just give me an assortment of weaponry, point me at the bad guys/monsters, and I'll clean house. I don't want to spend my entire game day walking around talking to NPCs, buying shit, selling shit, questing for this person or that dohickey, and on and on and on. And after peeking at an online walkthrough or two, I see that, at the rate I'm going, this game will last me another 94867 years. :?
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

I've started Mirrowind like 10 times but I so crippled with boredom within an hour
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I'm a bit drunk now,and going to bed, but I tried out that wacky little Space Invaders..um, Extreme, maybe, and I liked a whole lot. A shump I can play with out die a billion times, but with the old fashion Space Invaders feel. I really liked it.

And dude, will be getting that Wolverine for sure.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Hunter wrote:The Simpsons Game - Fucking awful camera, but for the $10 I spent on it, I found it pretty entertaining. I don't know if I'd recommend it.
That game was TERRIBLE, especially since the bar had been set by Hit & Run.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning