The New Unstoppable MMA Thread!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

I'm not a Leben fan, but I am glad he knocked out Martin. I was starting to tire of his interviews. Nice looking card for this Saturday, but I may not be able to see it. :(
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Mr. Budd wrote:That wasn't the real Terry Martin.
Yeah. It was. He's overrated.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Teufel wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:That wasn't the real Terry Martin.
Yeah. It was. He's overrated.
Ok Captain Smartguy. If that WAS Terry Martin - why didn't he have an erection when he got KOed?

IFL tonight - wish I was watching....
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

riley-o wrote:All the fights including unaired from last night

http://www.pancrase.org/category/ultima ... -night-11/
well that didn't last long
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

MMA has been banned in Vancouver. No more MMA events will take place in the city until the province regulates it. Fucking gay. The gimpy mayor in the wheelchair lives 2 blocks from where I work. He may be paralyzed from the waist down so I'll kick him in the head instead.
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Teufel wrote:MMA has been banned in Vancouver. No more MMA events will take place in the city until the province regulates it. Fucking gay. The gimpy mayor in the wheelchair lives 2 blocks from where I work. He may be paralyzed from the waist down so I'll kick him in the head instead.
Yeah I saw that, unbelievable homonormativity. I wonder if that will include kickboxing/muay thai eventually or just the really popular shit.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Chuck got OWNED in the 2nd and 3rd.
Shogun... well... I kinda figured he'd be in trouble in his first fight in the cage, and, well... yeah... him and his brother seriously need to work on their cardio.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Teufel wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Chuck got OWNED in the 2nd and 3rd.
Shogun... well... I kinda figured he'd be in trouble in his first fight in the cage, and, well... yeah... him and his brother seriously need to work on their cardio.
all of those fights were good. As for the main event, what the fuck was with the judge that scored it for Liddell? How do you fucking figure? That should have been unanimous. Without a doubt, Chuck won the first round, but 2 was definitely Jardine, and 3 was fairly uneventful, but I'd still give it to Jardine.

And thanks to my friends, I'll never look at Wanderlei Silva again without hearing chimp noises and picturing him picking bugs off of someone or flinging poo.
tipton
Soul of the Martyr

Post by tipton »

yeah, i said today that i thought that forrest would win the fight. shogun hasn't really fought anyone worthwhile since 2005 and his first fight in the UFC, tons of pressure, and all the recent pride fighters not fairing too well in the octagon. i'm just pissed at myself that i didn't have the balls to bet on forrest since i wanted shogun to win and didn't want to root against him. dumb.

i thought diego won the fitch fight and that fight showed how the scoring in mma fights must be changed. one thing about diego, he always brings it when he is healthy.

tyson griffin was in another war and has been in a few fights this year that are fight of the year candidates. awsome fight.

its just so crazy how unpredictable MMA is. fucking insane year. sucks that all the luster of a silva/chuck fight is sort of gone.

fedor better get his ass to the UFC soon or he will soon become irrelevant...every pride fighter zuffa has paid big money for has failed them. i'm not sure from a business standpoint that they even need fedor anymore.
Dan is The Bastard
Hetero as hell...

Post by Dan is The Bastard »

tipton wrote:i thought diego won the fitch fight and that fight showed how the scoring in mma fights must be changed. one thing about diego, he always brings it when he is healthy.
Whaaaaat? I agree that the scoring in MMA needs to at least be structured so we can all understand but Fitch completely dominated that fight. Submission attempts shouldn't be worth more then when actually applied. Only 2 submissions ever got locked, both which fitch escaped, which should be counted as well.

What a year for MMA.
Last edited by Dan is The Bastard on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

It looks like Wanderlei's face is made up entirely of scar tissue haha.
Image You know the mind has a thousand eyes Image
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

I predicted Forrest winning that fight also, but chickened out when it came to betting on him. Oh well. Sacrificial lamb my ass. Haha. Good card all around. Looks like Jesus has completely turned his back on Diego for good. :(
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Post by GoreyGibbler »

chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

GoreyGibbler wrote:Image
if you can look past the ape, get a load of the guy just to the right.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

SHREK!!!!

Great PPV though, Forrest yet again bropught it and deserved to win and Fitch was fucking awesome imo. What the fuck chuck? His cardio looked shagged too, he just didnt get into the fight.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

chrusti(ns)anity wrote:
if you can look past the ape, get a load of the guy just to the right.
That douchebag was hamming it up to the camera all night. Every time they'd show Wanderlei, he'd be in the background flashing his stupid rings and making dumb faces. I think he's from a band or something, but he's retarded, so who cares?
Colonel Klink
...to the other side!

Post by Colonel Klink »

I thought the Griffin / Tavares was the fight of the night .

Chuck was so dissapointing , no plan b whatsoever , very one dimensional .

Any word on who they have lined up for Wanderlei's first fight ?
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

He called out Forrest on his website.

Wanderlei says he would like to fight with Forrest Griffin

Wanderlei Silva was an outstanding personality at UFC 76, taken place on September 22. Wanderlei was invited by Dana White to attend the event and challenge Chuck Lidell, in case the latter won. But it was a sad night for both Lidell and the Brazilian Shogun, who lost their fights.

What Wanderlei has to say about the event: “UFC took place in a very good gymnasium, very large; here these events have been growing continuously. This week I worked a lot on the event advertising making use of my popularity that is big here. Just to give an idea, we had an autograph session that gathered about 500 people, on a huge line. The warmth of my fans was very nice. I realize that everyone is anxious about my first fight, including myself. I’ve been training very hard, every day, with a lot of focus. My responsibility towards Brazilians has grown a lot due to the results of the last fights. This is also very motivating to me. It is important for the sport to bring joy to the fans and this becomes the fighters’ responsibility.

Lidell’s fight had a direct relationship with me because Dana White had said I would challenge him if he won. I was disappointed with the defeat because Lidell’s opponent is good, he has his merit but was not so qualified to defeat him. I believed Lidell was going to win and I was disappointed with the result. I hoped to perform against him in December and now I will have to wait for another name. It was a balanced, hard fight; I think Lidell should have prepared better in view of the importance of this combat.

As to Shogun, I didn’t manage to see him; I only watched the fight. I was very sad, both as a Brazilian and as a personal friend; I was cheering a lot for him. I was very frustrated with the defeat, it was unexpected. I thought it would be an easy fight for him. I hope he comes back, training hard and next time show his potential. MMA has greatly evolved and we should be tuned to such innovations, realizing that this sport is more and more specific and scientific. It does not take only a heart to win a fight any longer. Shogun has the talent and it all depends exclusively upon him. He will figure out what went wrong and will not make the same mistakes next time. Yesterday he was not the Shogun who I know. I hope he continues bringing joy to this fans including myself, for I am also his fan.

As to a name to face in December: “I’d like, in view of the last event and also as a vengeance for my friend, to fight with this Forrest Griffin. I guess it could be a good name for me.”
http://www.wanderleisilva.com.br/site_i ... 9&Itemid=5
Image You know the mind has a thousand eyes Image
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Is that Mayhem Miller hamming it up? I'm ok with that.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Last edited by Mr. Budd on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Mr. Budd wrote:Is that Mayhem Miller hamming it up? I'm ok with that.
That's what I was thinking, hard to tell from that small animated gif though.

Although Liddell/Silva is off... for now, Silva does still have several big money fights available. If he beats a top contender in December he'll likely get an immediate title shot against Rampage. How can they not, especially considering he destroyed Rampage twice before?
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

[quote="Mr. Budd"][/quote]So now it's both Gomi and Shogun who both gassed since they're dumb at training, and Diaz and Griffin are USAian GODS OV THE WORLD
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Teufel wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:Is that Mayhem Miller hamming it up? I'm ok with that.
That's what I was thinking, hard to tell from that small animated gif though.
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha, it is! What a fucking dork. I went to his myspace, and there's a gif of him behind Silva.
Carmack
Luck of the Corpse

Post by Carmack »

http://www.compustrike.com/stats/ufc76.html

From the people who brought you CompuBox.

All of their stats match with the correct decisions from saturday.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Carmack wrote:http://www.compustrike.com/stats/ufc76.html

From the people who brought you CompuBox.

All of their stats match with the correct decisions from saturday.
JARDINE

Leg strikes 45/47

Holy FUCK, I knew Liddell took a lot of leg kicks, but to still be mobile after FORTY FIVE ?! That's incredible.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES