The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by John Jr. »

Hypnagogia wrote:have to agree with twaddletard: that threaded rod should have been easier to cut than his wrist.
well if we're splitting hairs: the soldier zombie in the tank in episode one should have had his face ENTIRELY BLOWN THE FUCK OFF when he got shot in the chin, not just a little squirt from the top of his head. physics, you know.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Pooeyegg
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Pooeyegg »

Hypnagogia wrote:have to agree with twaddletard: that threaded rod should have been easier to cut than his wrist.

Don't think so about handcuff part, remember the end of the first Mad Max? They took a cue from that, methinks.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Pooeyegg wrote:

Don't think so about handcuff part, remember the end of the first Mad Max? They took a cue from that, methinks.
Even Mad Max said it would take ten minutes to saw through the handcuffs, and those were heavy duty ones I think.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah... this one made up for the second episode big time. The campfire dialogue scene was a bit lame, and I was worried it would plod along like episode 2 did after that (the first dialogue scene on the roof in that one was similarly weak, and the episode never got better), but
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
the slow buildup of tension towards the ending was excellently handled, and the whole episode does a pretty good job of not overexplaining what's going on and leaving some things unspoken. And like mithrandir said, nice to see it can carry itself for an entire episode with almost no zombies.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

Whee of the Dead wrote:Even Mad Max said it would take ten minutes to saw through the handcuffs, and those were heavy duty ones I think.
yeah?
what did he say about sawing through a ~1/2" thick iron rod?
...or regular ass handcuffs?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

all depends on the alloy and how long it was hardened. my machinist instructor hardened a plain 16/th inch dia. stainless rod and had us take turns using files and hacksaws on it during a lecture to give us a grasp of how hard "hardened steel" was. after 45 minutes, we were about 3/4 the way through it. gotta make 2 cuts through a chain....
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

Still not feeling this too hard...the scene in the tent (and a couple others) seemed to go on forever. And really, you're going to drive a car with the alarm blaring into camp just because it's fun? Most of the characters are still dumb and pretty one-dimensional. "I miss texting". I think the zombies need to start munching...they look awesome...

hahah...why were there quotes around Carl's name on the picture of his birthday cake? Happy Birthday "Carl". Who is Carl really?
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

And really, you're going to drive a car with the alarm blaring into camp just because it's fun? Most of the characters are still dumb and pretty one-dimensional.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
At this point in the story they THINK they know everything, but they really don't. They know they shouldn't be making a lot of noise, but they are still clinging to their past lives. I think it's completely plausible that he'd get excited about driving a fast car.

It's easy to be a viewer and pull the "DON'T GO UPSTAIRS YOU DUMB BITCH! THE KILLER IS UP THERE!" card, but if you were actually in this situation, I think you'd be taking your entertainment where you could get it.
bundlesofvitals
OH LAWD!

Post by bundlesofvitals »

Yeah, I understand that. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying most of the show, I just want more interesting characters!

No more forest booty for Shane... :brokenheart:
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

bundlesofvitals wrote:hahah...why were there quotes around Carl's name on the picture of his birthday cake? Happy Birthday "Carl". Who is Carl really?
haha, I noticed that too
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

John Jr. wrote:all depends on the alloy and how long it was hardened. my machinist instructor hardened a plain 16/th inch dia. stainless rod and had us take turns using files and hacksaws on it during a lecture to give us a grasp of how hard "hardened steel" was. after 45 minutes, we were about 3/4 the way through it. gotta make 2 cuts through a chain....
I think the real point is that when you're desperate and not thinking very clearly anymore like in the case presented, you will probably cut through your own arm before trying just a minute whether you could feasibly cut through the chain. For some reason the way this was presented was way better than in stupid Saw, but it's really the same message.

Also, it may be possible to make one cut on a chain and to just get the link through the cut. Doubt that really crossed the guy's mind since he wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, but just being pedantic.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR
Threads Endlessly Scrolled

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

John Jr. wrote:
well if we're splitting hairs: the soldier zombie in the tank in episode one should have had his face ENTIRELY BLOWN THE FUCK OFF when he got shot in the chin, not just a little squirt from the top of his head. physics, you know.

i love how they did the gunshot in an enclosed metal space.
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

It would take me infinity to saw through my arm because I would be passed out the whole time.
kale
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

It's like AMC made a show...just for me!!!!!
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

Can I not watch this on AMC's website?

EDIT-Just found it. Bout to start this sumbitch finally.

Re-EDIT-Ok, these are just clips? Not full episodes...

Reee-EDIT-Found first episode on fancast. At least I can watch that one.
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

First episode was good. Can't find the second one anywhere. If anyone can help, please do. I can't torrent.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR

Post by ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR »

Streven Adler wrote:for fucks sake... some of you people just can't fucking enjoy a good thing without crying about stupid little shit. it's a goddamn tv show, and a damn good one at that. if it were any better you'd probably still bitch about something insignificant and tv showish about it. lighten up.
you are not the voice of reason in this thread.
I AM AN INTELLECTUAL FUCKING COMBATANT OF GOD, I AM TOO TOUGH TO CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

caldwell.the.great wrote:but no other member here does exactly what ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR does, not even the other trolls.
Hypnagogia
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Hypnagogia »

neckbeard wrote:It would take me infinity to saw through my arm because I would be passed out the whole time.
wuss
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mallard's a workin
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

neckbeard wrote:It would take me infinity to saw through my arm because I would be passed out the whole time.
From recent experience, I'd have to say that shock goes a long way to numbing pain and canceling out reason, so I'm not so sure anymore if I really couldn't pull it off. If you saw quickly enough, the adrenaline rush probably lasts until it's all done. Plus you'd have to tie off circulation to the arm anyway, so it would go numb.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I bet that guy who fell and wedged his arm in a rock managed to cut his hand off with a pocket knife WISHED he had a hacksaw to do it. Not to mention the room to get some leverage on the bone...

In other news - Goddammit.....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/ ... -two-45474
Most Walking Dead fans know there's only six episodes in this first season. I know, the season is half finished even though it feels like it's just getting started.
But here's what you didn't know, or perhaps only feared: Sources say AMC isn't likely to launch the 13-episode second season until next October.
The reason? Fearfest. AMC's annual horror movie marathon served as a perfect promotional platform to ramp up interest for The Walking Dead, which also took advantage of the higher audience levels during the fall (something not all cable shows can pull off given the barrage of broadcast shows airing at the same time -- which is why most cable dramas run during the summer).
Plus, AMC has already pushed Breaking Bad from March to the summer, and has Mad Men airing in the summer as usual, and at some point has to squeeze in the premiere of its new original series, The Killing. Combined with Walking Dead, that's four shows to air next year, the most the network has ever had, and cable networks tend to spread out their premieres so they can properly promote each one.
Now, the October plan is not final, and there probably won't be a firm premiere date for awhile -- heck, the second season hasn't even started production yet. But the current strategy is for another October roll out.
I hope all you Christina Hendricks fans consider this before posting her curves again.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Streven Adler wrote:for fucks sake... some of you people just can't fucking enjoy a good thing without crying about stupid little shit. it's a goddamn tv show, and a damn good one at that. if it were any better you'd probably still bitch about something insignificant and tv showish about it. lighten up.
I agree Streven... I really like this show. My only complaint is that I have to wait a week to see the next episode...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

In other news - Goddammit.....
Are they fucking serious? 6 episodes isn't even a season anyway. They should have called it a mini-series at first if they weren't sure of ratings and then say "Full series next year!" or something.

If I'm expected to wait an entire year for another season, they'll be hearing from my whiny, internet fingers something fierce.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Can you imagine pitching the Walking Dead to a TV Excutive meeting?

"It's a character driven drama series set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland overun by zombies"

"Are there any sexy vampires in this?"

"No"

"Hmmm, well what about any sexy zombies?"

"Well no, but we do have a sex scene in episode 2 in the forrest, we were thinking 12 episodes for season one"

"You can have 6"
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

LOL!
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

:|