The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by james »

dude its fucking insane

i cant even pay attention to things that fast

I dont know if this is good or not
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Pisscubes wrote:
caldwell.the.great wrote:started GK2 - already digging the atmosphere. Cheesy acting and shitty video quality aside, it feels great to be playing as that character again. Shadow hunting pseudo detective work rules.
:tup: :tup: :tup:

I was sick last winter and spent the whole day in bed watching a Let's Play of that game. :oops:
That's what made me want to play. Lets Play is a dangerous thing. It also got me playing Demon's Souls. Fuck.

I love these adventure games that Sierra and Lucasarts put out, but I ran into one reason I hated them today.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
There's a chapter in GK2 where you're expected to use a CUCKOO CLOCK on a BUSH in a HALLWAY to DISTRACT SOME GUY TWO ROOMS AWAY. The only hints you have that this might be possible is 1) you hear the clock make a vague knocking sound in a shop and 2) there's a locked door in the same room as the bush, which vaguely indicates that there might be a distraction available that will help you get into the room. But, there's no hint, nothing said whatsoever, to indicate the guy you're distracting has the keys to the door you want to get into anywhere in his little podium, where he's been stationed the entire game. WTF. Looked it up and found a bunch of other people saying the same thing. Somebody spent the better part of an afternoon going to every available location in the game and using everything he could to move the story forward. His last stop was this place, and the last thing he tried was the clock... on the bush... in the hallway. :fp: Whoever designed that puzzle needs a slapping.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Dishonored tip: don't slash at the guys during the prologue if you want the non-lethal achievements. I did the same fucking thing with deus ex hr. :fp:

Fucking great game though.
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

caldwell.the.great wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
caldwell.the.great wrote:started GK2 - already digging the atmosphere. Cheesy acting and shitty video quality aside, it feels great to be playing as that character again. Shadow hunting pseudo detective work rules.
:tup: :tup: :tup:

I was sick last winter and spent the whole day in bed watching a Let's Play of that game. :oops:
That's what made me want to play. Lets Play is a dangerous thing. It also got me playing Demon's Souls. Fuck.

I love these adventure games that Sierra and Lucasarts put out, but I ran into one reason I hated them today.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
There's a chapter in GK2 where you're expected to use a CUCKOO CLOCK on a BUSH in a HALLWAY to DISTRACT SOME GUY TWO ROOMS AWAY. The only hints you have that this might be possible is 1) you hear the clock make a vague knocking sound in a shop and 2) there's a locked door in the same room as the bush, which vaguely indicates that there might be a distraction available that will help you get into the room. But, there's no hint, nothing said whatsoever, to indicate the guy you're distracting has the keys to the door you want to get into anywhere in his little podium, where he's been stationed the entire game. WTF. Looked it up and found a bunch of other people saying the same thing. Somebody spent the better part of an afternoon going to every available location in the game and using everything he could to move the story forward. His last stop was this place, and the last thing he tried was the clock... on the bush... in the hallway. :fp: Whoever designed that puzzle needs a slapping.
:lol: that is only the 2nd most obscurely difficult puzzle in the game...

and i thought gk2 was a lot easier than dott. i tried replaying dott a few weeks ago and even when i knew what i wanted to accomplish i could rarely figure out how to do so.
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

just beat BL2. what a fantastic game. 9.5/10

most likely my GOTY
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Comrade Slinky wrote:Fucking great game though.
GOTY
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Kidnapping Sokolov....that level design :mastoman: and Lady Boyle's mission ruled hard. Sadly, after shiving Pendleton for suckering me into a duel for his honor, it was game over :nopizza: . I chuckled when I fetched some lady a drink to get intel and ended up throwing it at her :lol:.

Piero is video game's WinterLight. The only person I trust in the entire game is Sam the boat guy and Emily. Everyone else deserves a sliced throat.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Pisscubes wrote:
Necrometer wrote:I back shit left and right... I'm a real patron of the arts

perhaps ironically the only one who has remotely screwed me over is our friend Geoff with his "documentary" "project" "film" Image
That money went right up my nose, sucker.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Just got 8 hours of awesome footage on the set of the new Nuke 'em High movie a few weeks back in Niagara Falls including an interview with the Mayor who let Troma come to town :tup: You'll get your movie soon-ish, Ross. :lhug: Though it's getting... weirder. :|
:moreawesome:

seriously, I'm glad you're still chugging away

I hope your current boss doesn't claim he directed it though Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

guardianoftheblind wrote:just beat BL2. what a fantastic game. 9.5/10

most likely my GOTY
:cry:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
caldwell.the.great

right over there wrote: :lol: that is only the 2nd most obscurely difficult puzzle in the game...

and i thought gk2 was a lot easier than dott. i tried replaying dott a few weeks ago and even when i knew what i wanted to accomplish i could rarely figure out how to do so.
oh good, I can't wait to run into the second one. a lot of people were stumped by the clock puzzle in the first game, too, where you had to set the time to 3:00 and put the dragonhead symbol at the top. for whatever reason, I solved that one no problem. It just came to me the second or so time I went to the attic. I don't think I would have EVER used the clock on the bush in GK2 though. That just wouldn't have ever crossed my mind. I'd rather look a solution up than go through every location trying to use each item I have.

i'm currently wandering around the various Ludwig castles and learning about the "Mad King." This is why I hope Jane Jensen puts out another GK game. So far, I've enjoyed the Grace chapters more than the GK ones. Plus, the Grace puzzles have been a little more logical overall. Seems like it's easier to get stuck in Gabriel chapters.

It's been FOREVER since I played DoTT. I don't have a copy anymore and I've never tried downloading it from anywhere; is it available at some gaming site I don't know about? I remember the puzzles being ridiculous in a lot of the LucasArts games. Monkey Island had some stuff in it that could only be accomplished by luck. Shit, I should play those again some day.
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
right over there
Hetero as hell...

Post by right over there »

SECiso has a Day of the Tentacle ISO torrent that i grabbed, though it took awhile as it isn't well shared. works perfectly in dosbox but i was utterly stumped a few hours in and gave up...

jane jensen did a q&a on GOG recently - she's got a kickstarter for some non-gk game going but all the questions were predictably about gk.

i'm assuming you're like everyone else and don't consider the third one a real sequel, right?

i've read both books multiple times :oops:

dott iso - http://bitsnoop.com/day-of-the-tentacle ... 60194.html
monsterod wrote:can it get any hotter or nower?
The Real MPD wrote:i'm not interested in this right now.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I played a fair amount of Dishonored, but didn't actually progress much. More than necessary exploring and trying to teleport into dumb-ass places. I' with finding all the runes and bone things than doing the mission.

Played a lot more of Borderlands 2 than Dishonored. Don't know why I'm splitting my time between the two titles when I should really just play Dishonored first. Anyhow, I'm using that Mechromancer and her Deathtrap makes a hell of a difference, making the game a ton less obnoxious. Guns in this one are a ton more interesting and diverse than the first. So, of course, my better guns OCD is in full swing.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Placed 4th in Street Fighter this weekend, missed making money by one place. I can directly put this on playing way too much Borderlands 2, and neglecting keeping crisp.

They decided to not run Persona 4 Arena because not enough interest, but I'm positive I would have won it or at least taken second. I beat everyone I played against in casuals for free.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Wang Mandu wrote:
GOTY
Yep, I don't see anything coming out that could really be a contender otherwise.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Comrade Slinky wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:
GOTY
Yep, I don't see anything coming out that could really be a contender otherwise.
I'm seeing how Dishonored pans out. Borderlands 2 is fun, but doesn't have too much meat to it. And then there's Far Cry 3, which is certainly looking at least like overachiever of the year.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The Bill wrote: Borderlands 2 is fun, but doesn't have too much meat to it.
What the hell kind of halfheaded comment is this? Regardless of any other criticism, 30-60 hours per playthrough kind of seems like the very definition of "meaty"
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

the bill is a bit of a halfhead i don't know if this is news to everyone..
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Last time the issue of The Bill's half-headery came up Ross was near crucified so you guys might want to tread lightly on that topic.. If you value your rep as a board elder that is...
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote:Last time the issue of The Bill's half-headery came up Ross was near crucified so you guys might want to tread lightly on that topic.. If you value your rep as a board elder that is...
Come on now. Game length and "meaty" substance are quite different. Game is a step up from Borderlands, but shares much of its shallow structure. And for the record I'm delusionally insane not half-headed.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

shut the fuck up
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The Bill wrote:
riley-o wrote:Last time the issue of The Bill's half-headery came up Ross was near crucified so you guys might want to tread lightly on that topic.. If you value your rep as a board elder that is...
Come on now. Game length and "meaty" substance are quite different. Game is a step up from Borderlands, but shares much of its shallow structure. And for the record I'm delusionally insane not half-headed.
What the....

No this is half-headed, not insane.

I can't even believe someone would make a statement like this. Did you actually play the game?
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Cryptoplasty wrote:
The Bill wrote:
What the....

No this is half-headed, not insane.

I can't even believe someone would make a statement like this. Did you actually play the game?
I said before I am currently playing this along side Dishonored. Maybe I shouldn't have said its not meaty, rather not as meaty as other games from this year. And playing it head to head with Dishonored isn't exactly showcasing its depth. I tend to think a GOTY should be more of an all around great experience. So, yes, half-headed or not I think Dishonored among titles like Mass Effect 3 have more "meat" to them. Listen, DOOM is one of my favorite games of all time, but if some one was to say it wasn't "meaty" compared game X on the SNES that had more variety and better story I'm not going start with the name calling.

And why is everyone on my case about some two sentence blurb about opinion and what could still be changed in the future? Did Borderlands 2 save you all from drowning, Jesus!
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Leave Borderlands alone!!!!

Do all the guns still sound like pew pew water pistols?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

jesus fucking christ
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obs ... t-eternity

19 hours to go. Surely you can kick in $25 so everyone can get a second big city.
caldwell.the.great

right over there wrote:SECiso has a Day of the Tentacle ISO torrent that i grabbed, though it took awhile as it isn't well shared. works perfectly in dosbox but i was utterly stumped a few hours in and gave up...

jane jensen did a q&a on GOG recently - she's got a kickstarter for some non-gk game going but all the questions were predictably about gk.

i'm assuming you're like everyone else and don't consider the third one a real sequel, right?

i've read both books multiple times :oops:

dott iso - http://bitsnoop.com/day-of-the-tentacle ... 60194.html
I might check that out eventually. I've only ever used Dosbox via GOG, so I'm not familiar with setting it up from scratch, plus I have all those PQ games to play after GK2.

I never played GK3 - I remember seeing the 3D graphics and thinking it looked like shit. I might try it eventually, but a big part of what I love in the first two games is the atmosphere. I imagine the graphics in the third one do a lot to spoil that.

And if I ever ran into those books in a store, I'd probably pick them up.