Music posts are a bannable offense.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Re: secular humanist brony/MRA/PUA/MGTOW thread of fedorae

Post by Blair »

Only the sample chapters.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
You don't know how fast I read.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

In chapter five the protagonist's assault rifle's scope uses tritium. Tritium is a glowing radioactive isotope. With a half life of 12 years.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Oh shit, I just figured out that the protagonist is a...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Vault Dweller.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Blair... I can't tell you how much your sacrifice means for the rest of us..

good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm just glad everyone already thinks I'm a woman-hater, so I don't have to worry about my turtlenecks, I guess.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

It's like he's permanently in his first semester of undergrad.

I really want to know how his book stacks up to the all-time greatest self-published novel: Moon People.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
This story begins on a Beautiful sunny day in Daytona Beach Florida With a man by the name of David Braymer. A 45-year-old Single man that works at the local High school as a science teacher and astrology in the 12-grade level. Now he’s been here about 5 years and has become kind of partial to a young lady by the name of Cheral Baskel a local restaurant owner in Daytona Beach. At the moment Cheral’s preparing her restaurant for another Shuttle launch at the cape and everyone always gathers at her place because you can see the launch real good at her place. It’s also on the water and its real close to the cape and she really decks the place out.
Timeless.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm not watching any of these videos, but it seems to me that this whole thing is one of the more striking examples of how the internet is really bad for some people. There have always been guys who thought this stuff, and I'd wager part of everyone's revulsion is because we see a tiny shred of ourselves in these sadsacks, but before there was internet, you eventually had to leave the house. Now they have a way to form a hive mind where these knee-jerk reactions of sexual frustration that used to just come and go sometimes can grow into full-blown opinions and from there into entire philosophies and eventually a subculture. And all the while, they never have to set foot outside their failcaves and have a normal social interaction that might force them to rethink some of this garbage. I'm almost callous enough at this point in my life to find that fascinating, but it still scares me a little.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
stu
Morbid Florist

Post by stu »

I implore all Canadians of the board!

Do humanity a favour: round up a posse, seek out this freak, bound, gag, douse his ugly face in his favoured brand of alcohol, then set him alight with his Zippo lighter. It will be much appreciated.

Kind regards from a longtime lurker,
Stu.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

?Heh, sorry man. Bit of a rant there. I’m just frustrated because there aren’t many people I can talk to about even the basic stuff I do. They don’t want to hear it and I get lonely <---
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Pisscubes wrote:I'd say between the Autism Board, DLF and the Dukos, we've routinely gotten our asses handed to us when attempting to engage people in real life. :cry:
The common thread there is the 'tisms. I think we've learned to avoid autists.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: I see a lot of these subcultures as no different then the punk or metal cliques a lot of us found ourselves in as kids-- you DO people part of a hive mind in a way, and you adopts what the rules are. No one wearing a bullet belt thought to wear a bullet belt on their own-- they just see it as something as an identifier, a way to show you're part of something bigger.
Sure. I think with hindsight, most of us would agree that at least partially we participated in all of this stuff because we thought it gave us an identity. And it was okay because we were kids, and we didn't have an identity yet. But I really think there's a difference here - being part of a music subculture also meant a genuine interest in something constructive, and for me at least, it also led to friendships that have lasted until today. I was just thinking about this on the way home, and while I stopped going to shows every weekend years and years ago, my entire network of friends has grown out of that. All of my friends I either know because of music or because of someone else who's my friend for that reason. A lot of us have moved on to varying degrees, but we're still friends because having long hair and listening to Death Metal wasn't the only thing we had in common. These guys... their only common denominator seems to be that they're socially stunted, and they talk each other into becoming more socially stunted, effectively becoming completely isolated as soon as they turn off their computers. The line Blair quoted really sums it up, it's just that that guy doesn't realize he's just nailed exactly what his problem is.
E.E 3.0
i never knew u existed

Post by E.E 3.0 »

E.E 3.0
i never knew u existed

Post by E.E 3.0 »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Larf. Not a single on-demand copy of this has ever been printed. Not even one for the author himself, or he'd know better.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

FVBTVS wrote:

also i kinda love this kids response video. almost a pitch perfect reaction.
I was washing my hands in a university restroom today and started cracking up audibly just from thinking about this guy, and someone else entered but couldn't really see my face so I'm pretty sure my subsequently stifled laughter came across as sobbing. anyway, vid RULES. I can't believe I watched 10 min of a kid getting stoned to Aurini and I'm sort of excited to watch it again
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:fonz:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Thirty-something liberal arts undergrad. Crossing your fingers that the financial aid application will go through. It's a reason to leave the house, right?
Haha,
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

spacehamster wrote:I'm not watching any of these videos, but it seems to me that this whole thing is one of the more striking examples of how the internet is really bad for some people. There have always been guys who thought this stuff, and I'd wager part of everyone's revulsion is because we see a tiny shred of ourselves in these sadsacks, but before there was internet, you eventually had to leave the house. Now they have a way to form a hive mind where these knee-jerk reactions of sexual frustration that used to just come and go sometimes can grow into full-blown opinions and from there into entire philosophies and eventually a subculture. And all the while, they never have to set foot outside their failcaves and have a normal social interaction that might force them to rethink some of this garbage. I'm almost callous enough at this point in my life to find that fascinating, but it still scares me a little.
Goddamnit, I agree 100% with everything you said here. It pretty much sums up this entire thread. The internet has unleased an unstoppable beast of people with pent up frustration that continues to gather strength. They didn't know there were others with the same issues, and now they're frustrations can be spewed exponentially. These people had no outlet before and could easily be ignored.

The internet is bad for a lot of people, and not just the types of people described in this thread. It's bad for people like Jofa, Amelia, DLF, etc. It allows them to freely interact with a pool of mostly socially normal people without the limitations of a real life handler. This almost always turns out badly for all parties involved.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

The thing that always strikes me about these hardcore "Red Pill" MRA type guys is that, for all their puffed-up bluster and contemptuous condescension towards females, their ENTIRE PERSONALITY is completely dominated by and structured around their relationship to women.

I'm sure my opinion wouldn't count in their world, since I'm just some weird scruffy loner who's never studied Krav Maga and wears band t-shirts in public, but I always found these burnished, hyper-aggressive PUA guys to be the most "beta" of all, because everything they do is completely dictated by the people that they're constantly dismissing as inferior.
Sure. I think with hindsight, most of us would agree that at least partially we participated in all of this stuff because we thought it gave us an identity. And it was okay because we were kids, and we didn't have an identity yet. But I really think there's a difference here - being part of a music subculture also meant a genuine interest in something constructive, and for me at least, it also led to friendships that have lasted until today. I was just thinking about this on the way home, and while I stopped going to shows every weekend years and years ago, my entire network of friends has grown out of that. All of my friends I either know because of music or because of someone else who's my friend for that reason. A lot of us have moved on to varying degrees, but we're still friends because having long hair and listening to Death Metal wasn't the only thing we had in common. These guys... their only common denominator seems to be that they're socially stunted, and they talk each other into becoming more socially stunted, effectively becoming completely isolated as soon as they turn off their computers. The line Blair quoted really sums it up, it's just that that guy doesn't realize he's just nailed exactly what his problem is.
:highfive:

All of us can probably agree that we did some dumb shit when our identities were defined by metal/punk/etc. But there's really such a HUGE difference between participating in that kind of subculture, and something like...this. Aside from the genuinely social aspect of playing in bands and going to shows, no matter how many songs we've digested about raping entrails or killing cops, the "extreme music" subculture offers a lot of positive messages for wayward kids, whether it's something as simple as not being ashamed of who you are or as significant as the DIY ethic. It's stuff that can leave an imprint even long after you've sold all your Assuck records.

I think this board is a case in point: most of us have been posting to each other (off and on) for what, almost 15 years now? During that time we've all probably changed a lot, but there's still a kind of bond between us, and even if it's something as trivial as liking Immolation or an off-color sense of humor, that's still infinitely more positive than being united by, say, hating women.
james wrote:portable auschwitz
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

So the file feebtus found is NOT the seven chapter sample but the whole thing.

Insert agonized Picard.

It's been unspecified generations since the Apocalypse. People don't know how the old tech worked, aside from self taught John Galts. BUT:

- roads are in good enough condition to tear down them on a road motorcycle. NOT broken...

- I dunno how hard it would be to synthesize the reagents (Ross?) but John Galt mechanic makes C-4 in his spare time.

- John Galt also welds.Where does he get the supplies?

- Cigarettes in packs, cigars (granted there is trade and manufacturing) and coffee seem to be plentiful.

- and fucking TRITIUM gunsights despite it's fucking 12 YEAR HALF LIFE!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

so he's a homosexual right..? not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have 8 children.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

I think the super mutants showed up...
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

next-paging...
Last edited by Necrometer on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Necrometer wrote: 9th grade summer reading
key

I have 8 children.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Blair wrote:So the file feebtus found is NOT the seven chapter sample but the whole thing.

Insert agonized Picard.

It's been unspecified generations since the Apocalypse. People don't know how the old tech worked, aside from self taught John Galts. BUT:

- roads are in good enough condition to tear down them on a road motorcycle. NOT broken...

- I dunno how hard it would be to synthesize the reagents (Ross?) but John Galt mechanic makes C-4 in his spare time.

- John Galt also welds.Where does he get the supplies?

- Cigarettes in packs, cigars (granted there is trade and manufacturing) and coffee seem to be plentiful.

- and fucking TRITIUM gunsights despite it's fucking 12 YEAR HALF LIFE!
:lol: my favorite part might be how hung up you are on the title's non-literal aspects

THESE ROADS ARE PRISTINE

did you download it from that mega link fvts posted? It sketched me out when my browser said it was asking for permission to do stuff. somebody reupload so I can provide informed analysis on the C4 feasibility.

any thoughts on potential subject matter for my satirical rant? maybe one complaining about how shut-in narcissist vloggers are byproducts of feminists who are themselves byproducts of MRA, littering the whole tirade with infinite abe simpson tangents about 9th grade summer reading, all accentuated with hand-waving and ... oh god I gotta get his diction down :?
FVBTVS wrote:so he's a homosexual right..? not that there's anything wrong with that.
as I said: no way this guy has normal sex with women

I don't think gays can put this much energy into being aloofly retarded