The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Cascade Whore »

Go about halfway through before he changes to other characters like Hollywood Andore, Damned, and Roxy...I don't know why anyone would want to play as the super generic Bred, I guess they used him because he had a jump kick animation..They could have done something cooler with Rolento or even used some kind of jump kick with Bill Bull
Wank night's cancelled
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Dicking around with this all evening... crushing.

The game opens with a timed scenario where your protagonist is fated to die within just a few moves... you have the option to repeat it indefinitely, attempting to save a whole host of objects from an all-consuming fire... I still have no idea what the use of all these objects/items are, and the game is perfectly willing to let you proceed onward with all of them destroyed..

the parser is really good, and the writing is charming... dog companion, which is pretty unique for this type of fare.

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I can handle RE's PSOne graphics, horrendous "acting", and crap controls, but it's the inventory system that killing me here. Back and forth from where I am to the chest, non-stop. Back and forth, back and forth. This Chris guy is so incompetent at holding things that a single small key encumbers him as much as a massive broken shotgun? Fucking Tedious, especially coupled with the stairs/doors load screens. It matters not, though. Last night I had dreams about the game. So, on a subconscious level I need to beat the game, at least.
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

It's a quote from a PR goon, not a big deal. But.....why shouldn't they dump more money into marketing? They'll have three versions releasing at the same time for the first time in franchise history and a massive combined install base among 360, PS3 and PC gamers. Some games fail because their wasn't enough marketing. Where do they say they want to be COD? They mentioned Skyrim because that game proved there's a large market for medieval RPGs. They aren't shooting for 10 million copies sold, they basically said, "Hey, we want to push the next game more and try to nab some of those kinds of fans who aren't aware of these games." I've seen a lot of dorks getting their panties twisted over this and it has been hilarious. "DS2 is going to be dumbed down! Omg the series is dead!" About a month ago or so, they released that gameplay video...with tons of deaths and some great looking environments. I don't know about Tomb Raider but Dead Space 3 failed because it's not a good game and because EA is a fucking awful company that always has unrealistic expectations for titles (outside of Battlefield and FIFA games)...see SimCity's always online DRM, releasing not one, not two but three Army of Two games, and Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3's harmful short development cycles.

It's a riot when sites like Destructoid talk about the bloated carcass of AAA development when they're just as guilty of fueling that fire.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Spoilered for large, but also awesome:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:awesome: :awesome:
james wrote:portable auschwitz
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Here's my fear for those I know who love this game so much: That they will try to make it sell as something that it can't. That they will go Dead Space, not so much in changing the game, but by pouring money into it and then saying, "In order for this to live, it now must sell X" because they can't be happy enough with a moderate success.
But that's not what's going on at all and you can't compare Namco to EA. EA wants to be Activision, Namco isn't even close to either of them in terms of size or revenue. People are making a big deal out of fucking nothing and creating imaginary problems
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: I wouldn't even care if they added an easy mode, as long as it's offline only and you can't take that character online. What I am worried about is how secure and reliable the PC version's online code is going to be....I had my fill of invincible players, guys one shotting my 60+ level character, players with super buffed out gear, standing around 15 minutes for a summon, summonings constantly failing, etc, etc.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

yeah that's fine and understandable. I agree with wang, if they added an easy mode the characters should be offline only. Half of the fun is defeating the odds and finding all that amazing loot. Allowing someone to set a difficulty level to baby mode to gather up experience points, weapons and armor would kill the game and the dueling community
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Wang Mandu wrote:http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... n-underdog

Cool article about Last Light.
I think Last Light has already turned me into a fanboy for this series, but that article really is kind of mind-blowing. I never would've guessed that they were working under such strict limitations; it can easily go toe-to-toe with all the 800 lb gorillas on the market right now, in both the technical and artistic categories.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
What I'm saying is that it's better than Bioshock Infinite.

YA HEARD ME PISSCUBES

:lhug:
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

The guns feel awesome, the environments are gorgeous and the lighting is next level. Also playing the game in russian with english subtitles. 8)
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Right.....everything will be always online instead.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

on second thought, i take it back. please don't let that turn into a massive wall of text debate between certain posters
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol: :betternotstartanyshit:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

This is a good thing, but mark my words, May 15, 2013, this is because the next Xbox will restrict the use of a game to a single console, ergo negating the need to have a system like this in place.

A good faith gesture now, and MS ends up looking like the bad guy, and EA look like heroes.

At least they are not doing BOTH. But online-only is better than an Online Pass. When they shut down the servers to an online only game at least your'e only loosing your $60. Not the $60+$25 that covers the additional online pass!

I swear, it was highway robbery and it took them this long to discontinue it? Absurd

This wouldn't have happened unless the profit margin was larger without the Online Pass than it was with. Do not deceive yourselves, gamers. This is still a move dictated by money, not consumer goodwill.

This assumes that middle and upper management are able to conceive that they may have made a mistake, and are taking definitive steps to rectify said mistake. I do not think this is the case, I think they merely looked at profit margins before and after implementation of the "Online Pass" policy and determined that it was higher previously. I would even go so far as to wager that not one of those middle or upper managers will label the previous policy a mistake, and instead point to it's failure as a "failure to implement" rather than the failure of an idea
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

storm shadow wrote:

I think Last Light has already turned me into a fanboy for this series, but that article really is kind of mind-blowing. I never would've guessed that they were working under such strict limitations; it can easily go toe-to-toe with all the 800 lb gorillas on the market right now, in both the technical and artistic categories.
Yep. Still doing a playthrough of 2033 and cant wait to start LL. I am cutious to see what they can do with a different genre or gameplay.
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Wang Mandu wrote:
storm shadow wrote:

Yep. Still doing a playthrough of 2033 and cant wait to start LL. I am cutious to see what they can do with a different genre or gameplay.
I've actually been watching a Let's Play of 2033 on YouTube; it looks to me like a lot of the basic gameplay is quite similar, but there really is just way more environmental detail and variety in Last Light.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I also started reading the book :awesome:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Nice. Supposedly the Steam version includes a pdf of Metro 2033.

You would love the S.T A.L.K.E.R. games. Lots of Metro devs worked on that series, too.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I would rather have a new STALKER game than Fallout 4 :awesome:
Wolfey
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by Wolfey »

Wang Mandu wrote:Nice. Supposedly the Steam version includes a pdf of Metro 2033.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
If it looked like that Crysis engine version, then I'd be all for it.
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Wang Mandu wrote:Nice. Supposedly the Steam version includes a pdf of Metro 2033.

You would love the S.T A.L.K.E.R. games. Lots of Metro devs worked on that series, too.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Yeah man, I remember when the first STALKER came out and I wanted to play it so bad. I still do! I've kind of gotten back into gaming in the last couple years and I'm really tempted to buy a decent desktop sometime in the future, my laptop does fine with stuff like emulators or Hotline Miami, but I don't think it's really up to the task of running most stuff that's come out since around 2000...
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

so it took like an hour or two to see the first shitting-related part in MGS4 :lol: it seemed entirely unnecessary too. good old kojima. at least i have an oil barrel to roll around in now

question for those who remember: in the first part of the game in the town, WTF is up with the opposing sides? they both usually try to kill me, but then sometimes i can stand right next to the militia members and they don't care and won't attack me. then in the next section of the map, they're back to killing me.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

That big ass snake in Resident Evil, man. Come on.

Actually, all things considered I'm making a nice solid progress. Slow and steady, as it is survival horror, not run n' gun.

I might have been able to get away with drinking and playing a game like this in the 90's (I mean, I did it with RE2), but my skills are diminishing, and I think once I get a buzz going Friday I'll abandon it for more Blood Dragon stupidity.
FrequencyAssBandit
Sounds of the Animal Kingdom

Post by FrequencyAssBandit »

Spooky Apparition wrote:so it took like an hour or two to see the first shitting-related part in MGS4 :lol: it seemed entirely unnecessary too. good old kojima. at least i have an oil barrel to roll around in now

question for those who remember: in the first part of the game in the town, WTF is up with the opposing sides? they both usually try to kill me, but then sometimes i can stand right next to the militia members and they don't care and won't attack me. then in the next section of the map, they're back to killing me.
I think if you stick around in certain sections fucking up the non-Arab PMC side when you eventually get to their base they'll react positively to you. I know after killing a certain amount of the opposing PMC they get pushed back and you hear the Arabs cheer, but you can just be stealthy and avoid them altogether.