Post by FVBTVS »

i keep going back to jame's 90s vampire the masquerade barb. :lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Re: secular humanist brony/MRA/PUA/MGTOW thread of fedorae

Post by Necrometer »

I remember being semi-aware of that shit when it was happening but I can dig a bit to make it work :tup:

good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Necrometer wrote: :lol: my favorite part might be how hung up you are on the title's non-literal aspects

THESE ROADS ARE PRISTINE
Well, that's part of it, but highways do degrade over time. I wasn't able to find any firm numbers, since all my google searches for "How long does it take for a road to break down" resulting in AAA and no-littering results.

But it's indicative of how this is a lurid, pulp sci-fi yarn and not the serious/grim science fiction literature that it's is marketed as by Anton.

It's basically reads like contemporary society in post-apoc drag, much like the Fallout games or Burning Man, with the will-driven freedom from governmental tyranny that Anton so desperately wants.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

He tapped hard at his cigarette. “Do you know what the Military was?” “Uh, yeah. They were the police, prewar. What I was told growing up was that they patrolled the cities to try and stop the guys with the computers.
Also, regarding my criticism of the pristine road on the cover... ...there a million halfways-competent deviantArts folk who would be able to photoshop that cover so the road is not pristine for cheap.

If dude is so awesome and smart he should have been able to slap on a somewhat respectable cover for his literature.

EDIT: yeah, I downloaded it from the link; the epub file is small enough to email, PM me with an address if you want me to send it to you.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Also, Mad Max is not a vault dweller, which could have provided some justification FOR THE FUCKING TRITIUM GUNSIGHTS.
stu
Morbid Florist

Post by stu »

How about a stellar gentleman of the board contacting this Aurini freak? Simply pander to his monstrous ego by pretending to be a representative of a major news channel which is seeking his appearance in a televised political debate with Noam Chomsky. The poof would eat it up!
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Problem and rant involving mandatory safety features on motor vehicles.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Well, the cigarette is the only thing that matches his pocket square, so obviously he has to carry it with him at all times. You just don't have any fashion sense, Geoff.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

yes. it's all a part of his completely contrived bizzaro persona. autismspectrum39
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

there is nothing you could tell me to convince me to watch a video with that lisping halfwit talking about star trek

nothing
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Hahahah the updates and observations in this thread are so great :tup: :tup:

The incredible thing to me is how deep the delusions go for a guy like this. If he were to be confronted with the insightful and cutting point that he is defined by the very thing he hates, he would almost certainly have a series of counter-arguments that display just how silly a person can be when they're living their life around a flawed series of rationalizations that are built on a flawed observation.

Which ends up in hilariously un-self-aware, contrived, half-hour long practiced youtube soliloquys and fallout fanfic. I'm sure that's not the intended end-game, but for all intents and purposes, it's the end of the road for our brave military hero..
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Another thing I like about pristine roads is that his Randi ass just takes functioning infrastructure for granted.
featherboa
The 7000 Club

Post by featherboa »

spacehamster wrote:Well, the cigarette is the only thing that matches his pocket square, so obviously he has to carry it with him at all times. You just don't have any fashion sense, Geoff.
unbuttoned coat???
Image Certified Poster
storm shadow
Machine Gun Etiquette

Post by storm shadow »

Pisscubes wrote:I'm usually anti-reality show. HOWEVER, and just hear me out here--

Who's John Galt?

They get a whole gaggle of Objectivist Men Going Their Own Way and put them in "real life scenarios" where they via for points to see which one really is the superior ALPHA MALE. There can be a survival round where they're left out in the woods for a week naked with no supplies and must rely on their inherent, innate Manly Hunter Genetics, a round where they're left in a major city with no cash for 5 days and have to have constructed a profitable business with absolutely no help from anyone and a Don't Get Raped Round where they're let loose in an abandon prison and hunted by huge black dudes and they must prove that MEN DON'T GET RAPED.
Not just a typically hilarious Pisscubes hypothetical, but a show I would watch, for real.

Fuck, at least Ayn Rand was a Jew who grew up in the chaos and deprivation of Bolshevik Russia. It doesn't make her writing or ideas any less ridiculous, but at least they make sense in context. What's the Ron Paul neckbeard lobby's excuse?
james wrote:portable auschwitz
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Blair wrote: - and fucking TRITIUM gunsights despite it's fucking 12 YEAR HALF LIFE!
Maybe the shooter has the power cosmic?
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Vault Dweller Finds the Infinity Gauntlet

A New e-Novel from the Brilliant Mind of Davis M.J. Aurini
Author of well-recognized internet fanfic message board releases

Ghosts & Goblins & John Galt
Master Chief Meets Frankenstein
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Good Suit Cacodemon vs My Wife
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

This thread is so great right now.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pisscubes wrote:Don't miss his newest book, "Dominant Male Plays With a Zippo for 80 Pages"
hahahaha
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Sex scene...

...help me...
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

naw
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

does someone learn something about themselves
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

they'd BETTER have learned a thing or two about the secret nature of reality and society

not sure if I'm blurring the correct face here... almost overwhelmed with douchechills while trying to post something made specifically for this thread:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

:pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :awesome:
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

ahahaha, Geoff!

thanks for the e-book, blair

here we go:
As the sun began to sink the two of them made their way to Maria’s home. It was towards the south end of town, down past the Inn. Above the door hung a sign with cursive writing which read Maria’s Herbs and Preserves. As they opened the door it rang a bell.

The store was well lit by the two bay windows on either side of the door, shafts of light beamed down the aisles formed by two freestanding shelves. The air was filled dancing motes and the sharp, heady smell of spices. Towards the back was a counter with a register, behind it a bead curtain going off to the living area. The floor was hardwood, with dusty red carpets running along the aisles

As the bell chimed Maria came in from the back, the bead curtain rattling with her passage. She was full figured with a pretty face, around the same age as Vince. Her hair was mussed and her apron showed that she’d been busy in the kitchen. As she hustled into the room the smell of roast duck followed her.

“Oh, hello there! You must be Raxx and Iain! Come in, come in!” She bolted the front door and ushered them into the back. Raxx raised an eyebrow and mouthed Iain? Wentworth just shrugged.

Vince stood up as they entered, “Good to see you lads! So this is my Maria–”

“Pleased to meet you gents, but I’m sorry, I must head back–”

“– go! You two sit down and have some coffee while she works on that dinner.” Maria gave Vince a peck on the cheek, then disappeared into the kitchen.

As the night came to a close Maria gathered the dishes. She refused Raxx and Wentworth’s offers of help, and scolded Vince when he stood up. “You broke my best pitcher last time, dear!”
"We’re blinded wise men, wandering along broken roads, past decaying ruins. Our throats have betrayed us, and we can’t tell our tales. Our hands tremble when we try to write them down. Our memories have faded, and our exploits have become meaningless. We have all the solutions, but we’ve forgotten the questions..."
The passage Blair's been waiting for...
The dashed yellow lines still remained in places, flashing beneath his truck’s tires as he drove with a ground eating pace. The asphalt was bleached a light grey, and over the years the water had got in, cracking it open during the winter. Some patches had reverted to loose gravel, demanding that Raxx downshift and put both hands on the wheel. Prewar tar patches were still visible, filling in ancient cracks. They’d given up less of their original colour to the rays of the sun. Over the years enough dirt and grit had embedded itself in places to support plant life. After last night’s storm, bands of green criss-crossed the road far into the distance.
Still not really WALKing too many roads, though :awesome: The guy's truck is honestly the best written character from what I can tell. Maybe beause it's not a too-obvious mouthpiece for anything.

where's this supposed sex scene? is it with a piece of tech?

book is dedicated to "Josh" FWIW