The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Wang Mandu »

KOTOR II got a massive update on Steam adding Steamworkshop, controller support, HD resolution options, restoration mod packaged in, and a lot of other stuff. Play the best Star Wars game now if you haven't yet.

Devil's Third is getting a f2p mp only PC release. :lol: I love janky B and C tier action and rpgs games but this is :nopizza: . Gimme the sp campaign, too. PC already has tons of f2p options, why would I choose to play what sounds like a total piece of shit. Lol Nintendo. THQ going under really fucked a lot of games.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Sounds like The Elder Scrolls: Online is actually good now? Anyone check it out? It's going for 15 bucks at greenmangaming now.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Impulse bought GTA V for PC a few weeks ago. Played maybe two hours and then gave up. I don't understand these games. It's really pretty and all, and I really do think Rockstar deserve all the credit in the world for how they handle their PC ports, but I just don't get the appeal. I hope they make another Max Payne game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

impulse bought dark souls 2 scholar of yuhwitdayuh
impulse bought destiny
impulse bought shovel knight
impulse bought destiny dlc
reinstalled planescape torment

pre fallout depression

i feel the same way about the gta games only i did kinda tag along with this new one way longer than i expected due to the online and playing with a friend. i got an amazing way into the single player too but once they made me torture a guy i thought it was so fucking gay and toothless 'edgy' it really kinda broke me. i might pick it up again at some point.

i love witcher too and i keep chipping away at that but thats another one that shovels so many directions at you in sort of an overwhelming and democratic way that its easy to not care..
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

See, TW3 is totally different for me. I don't really feel like GTA pulls me in too many directions at once so much as it doesn't pull me anywhere. The last thing I did was stand on the sidewalk thinking, I don't want to do any of this shit, and then I closed the game. With TW3 it's the opposite. Everything seemed worth doing.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

spacehamster wrote:Everything seemed worth doing.
this made me tear up.

have any of you bastards even tried pillars of eternity? it's superlatively good with an expansion coming soon
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

i made a point to beat gta v and it wasnt even worth it. game just plateaus and drops off a cliff and its over.
it did over the top cinematic stuff better than any other game though.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I didn't play City, but The new Batmane bame has been quite fun picking it up in a lull before mad max and MGS5 come out in 5 weeks or so
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

just impulse bought every ultima game ever

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I loved GTAV. I haven't liked any of those games but that one really grabbed me.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

jesus fuck i just realized that TW3 is going to have actual dlc expansions :lol:

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

They announced that "fuckface" will be one of the spoken names in fallout 4.

I can't tell if I'm annoyed or amused by this since I do actually name most game characters fuckface...
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Chad wrote:have any of you bastards even tried pillars of eternity? it's superlatively good with an expansion coming soon
I backed that on Kickstarter and my name is in the credits. I've been holding off on a playthrough for patches and balancing. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

If you haven't played TW3 recently, they released a massive patch with an alternative control scheme and it feels a lot better imo. More fluid and responsive.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Does this Wolfenstein DLC ever actually get good? So far it's just a string of maps slapped together with no story. It basically looks like they meant to include Castle Wolfenstein in the original game and didn't get around to it, so now they're releasing the environments with no extra polish. Although granted, the level design is good. The new climbing mechanic is goddamn retarded, though, and I can't play any of it for more than maybe half an hour at a time before it gets dull and sloggy.

Too bad. I liked the full game so much I actually platinumed it.
Last edited by spacehamster on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

impulse bought the binding of isaac
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
wtffffff hahahaha i'm fighting blood spitting stools with my cry baby tears?! what the hell :lol: has anyone played this?

I have 8 children.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

wtfffffffffffffffff :moreawesome:

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I'd have platinum god on the original BoI if the achievements weren't bugged. I might get back into rebirth when the expansion comes out.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Played Bats (or any game for that matter) for the first time in three weeks. I must have really missed playing games, because I just ripped through 6 mission/storyline things, and captured all sorts of bastards like Firefly, and Two Face, and Man Bat, and so on.

When I first started playing it, I was okay with the Batmobile, but not a fan. Now, I rather like it... after much upgrading. The whole game has gotten better, or I've gotten used to it. How would I rank it amongst the other 3? I don't know. I just don't know. But that's good, after all.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:drooly:

I have 8 children.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

kotor 2 finally on linux.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

http://imgur.com/a/hwo5f

edge article with miyazaki

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, those boss battles :mastoman:
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The Bill wrote:Played Bats (or any game for that matter) for the first time in three weeks. I must have really missed playing games, because I just ripped through 6 mission/storyline things, and captured all sorts of bastards like Firefly, and Two Face, and Man Bat, and so on.

When I first started playing it, I was okay with the Batmobile, but not a fan. Now, I rather like it... after much upgrading. The whole game has gotten better, or I've gotten used to it. How would I rank it amongst the other 3? I don't know. I just don't know. But that's good, after all.

Yeah - I played it to 91% but couldn't be fucked doing all the riddler challenges. I never played the 3rd one but I would rate this number 2 in the series after Arkham Asylum just cause it was the first one and the setting and the cast - a great game.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:mastoman:
Another thing that’s new, at least to my recollection: enemies that change stances. When I faced off against one of Dark Souls 3’s knights, he stalked towards me with sword and shield in hand. When I backed away, he decided to switch gears from 'let’s dance' to 'get fucked,' tossed his shield to his back, gripped his sword with both hands, and charged right at me. It was terrifying.

I died.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

player speed look way too high to anyone else?

I have 8 children.