The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by FVBTVS »

17 strange coints?!? i probably have like

3 tops

:lol: :wank:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Last night I got the hankerin' to try to mod up Skyim again. This time only using the Steam Workshop.

Still haven't played anything though. It's a little hard. My wife dumped all the kid's toys from the attic and living room in from of my electronic gizmos in an attempt to sort and weed stuff out. Jesus Shit Christ, but we bought those little bastards a lot of crap. I literally can't get a wireless connection from the PS4 to the Dual Shock thanks to the junk blocking it. Supposedly, she's remedying this while I'm at work. Best be, or the garbage dump is about to get real kid friendly.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:how many do I need?! how do I get more?!

I gotta say, I played enough strikes and the single player to get up to 30+ I think and I really don't see where the carrot lies for people to continue playing. I haven't fully absorbed house of wolves or the other one yet. I just kinda flamed out

but im always interested in silky and smooth
You can get more doing the weekly strike on Hard Mode, running the POE and opening the side chests, from engrams as well.

I've always loved the shooting but I felt the same at launch. I didn't really co-op outside of matchmaking but once I ran the raids, started friending loads of people looking for co-op partners, 500 hours of gametime went by. 99% of my friends list is Destiny people and the others are from here. If you ever get the chance, try running the Vault of Glass raid with a bunch of other first timers or people who aren't going to tell you exactly what to do. It's a time commitment going in blind but one of my all time favorite gaming moments.....except for finishing it when the sun came up.

The carrot has always been the loot, too. The drop rates used to be horribke but they've largely corrected that.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Bats. The game exhausted me for some reason. I have to say, the very few times it went first person (shooter?) it was very well done. Rocksteady should make a psychological FPS.

I guess back to ME2, but I think I'm going to give modding Skyrim one more shot.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote:Yesterday I got a sudden hankerin' to play SC Blacklist again. Of course UPlay has deleted my save. I think that's the third time. Worst. Company. Ever.
Also, I still enjoy playing this game way, way, way too much.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

it's a good game.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:it's a good game.
Yeah, I dunno, I just still like the way it handles, the gadgets and weapons are fun to use, the AI is just good enough (within reason - every stealth game somehow has screwed up AI) and the atmosphere still works on me, especially now that I haven't played it in a good long while and I don't have every square inch memorized anymore. It's just really sad how half finished and abandoned it is. There are still bugs, there clearly needed to be a proper NG+ mode, and when you finish the story, it all but announces the first DLC that never came.

And they're going to make another one, and I'll play the shit out of it, and then it'll somehow break my heart again.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I was halfway through everything before Uplay cloud decided to delete my saves. Was pissed, will not go back. It was good though. Sam's va change was a horrible decision.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I have like 230 hours. Most of it in SP. I just keep replaying the levels like an autistic kid who puts together the same jigsaw puzzle five times a day.

AFAIK it was Michael Ironside who didn't want to do it anymore, by the way. The new guy's fine, I just kind of forget that the character's supposed to be Sam Fisher.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I'm somewhat conflicted on that. Ironside's performances had been pretty bad for a couple games in a row, but the guy they replaced him with was just wrong too
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

They said something about motion capturing the voice actor as the reason. Should have had Ironside be a new young spy character's Lambert but it's Ubisoft and they suck.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Anyone excited about Metal Gear Solid 5? Been watching some pretty awesome videos - only a couple weeks off
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote:Anyone excited about Metal Gear Solid 5?
I kinda forgot that's coming out. Either they're not hyping it enough or I'm not paying attention. Preordered it ages ago, though - Ground Zeroes was excellent, so this should be too.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Some crazy multiplayer vids going around of bases and invading one another's bases and balloons on shit - I think the multi player angle looks pretty cool on this one
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

What was the MGS4 multiplayer like? All I remember is trying to download it and giving up.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Wife and kiddos are Disney bound starting tomorrow. I guess if I play everyday I'll have beaten ME2 by the time they get back. Will probably waste all that time modding and fighting with Skyrim.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote:What was the MGS4 multiplayer like? All I remember is trying to download it and giving up.
if you could navigate the clusterfuck required to even sign up for it, it was kind of neat. didn't play much.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote:What was the MGS4 multiplayer like? All I remember is trying to download it and giving up.
Yeah - I had a pretty similar experience to Copstache.

I'm way more intrigued this time around - all that balloon craziness is nuts.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Just when I thought I have too many games and no burning desire to buy a new one....

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Played the ME2 DLC Shadow Broker for the first time. Pretty good, but I stopped because I got tired & the level was getting too long & redundant with the fire fight atop the broker's ship.

I never used Grunt the first play through, but his passive incendiary ammo buff is priceless. Katsumi's shadow strike is great as well.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I kept talking about modding Skyrim, and I completely forgot I own Elder Scrolls Online. I should play that then. No, I should play Dragon Age Origins. No, I should play Far Cry 4... if my wife knew I struggled with this kind of internal dilemma I wonder if she'd find me less attractive.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

And The Bill & the blue lady go round two in bed. Thanks, DLC. Creepy, sad, strange? I don't care. I always feel good about getting video game guy laid.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

MGSV reviews are damn near perfect. I don't wanna buy another game :(
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

between having to watch show me a hero, narco and play metal gear solid 5 i think my schedule is blacked out until fallout 4 comes out
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Not sure if I want MGS V on PS4 or PC. The PC port of Ground Zeroes is pretty good.