The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

ghost boner wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:38 pm I got the new armored core on ps5 digitally and I seriously can't get past the first boss. Can I just give this to one of you guys? I can't fucking do this shit
I don’t think you can re-gift digital games on any platform. But, man, I wouldn’t peg you as a giant mech type dude. And I certainly never thought you’d mess around with a From Software game (you like Dark Souls and that lot?). Maybe check out a walkthrough on YouTube for tricks or cheats.
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

ghost boner wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:38 pm I got the new armored core on ps5 digitally and I seriously can't get past the first boss. Can I just give this to one of you guys? I can't fucking do this shit
Why isn't anyone helping him???
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:14 pm
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I refuse to touch any other games until I've finished Baldur's Gate 3. And then I need to first figure out which version of this fucking game actually works because I got Elden Ring on the PC first and after the three previous cross-platform Fromsoft games all being superior on PC, the PC version of ER was so hilariously broken that I've never booted it up again.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:41 am
I refuse to touch any other games until I've finished Baldur's Gate 3. And then I need to first figure out which version of this fucking game actually works because I got Elden Ring on the PC first and after the three previous cross-platform Fromsoft games all being superior on PC, the PC version of ER was so hilariously broken that I've never booted it up again.

Elden Ring on PC worked perfecto for me. Let’s see, I started playing it a little before New Years, so very late December. Maybe it was fully patched by then.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:12 am Elden Ring on PC worked perfecto for me. Let’s see, I started playing it a little before New Years, so very late December. Maybe it was fully patched by then.
I guess. It was basically unplayable at release. Not really here or there anyway, because I never even finished it, which is pathetic because I've platinumed everything since Demon's Souls (minus Bloodborne where I'm like 3 trophies away), but I just can't do it with this game. I tried again in the summer with a walkthrough and figured I'd just keep checking boxes until I finally get it, but then I ended up going back and finally finishing MGSV instead.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:?
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Holy shit. Saw ( a few hours ago ) I can do split screen coop single player campaigns for DOOM, Quake, and Quake 2 on Steam. I can play these games with my Honors-student-son (fuck you word program. Yeah, you’re son is definitely your son.) Enjoy.

Anyone here has Doom, Doom 2, Quake, or Quake 2 on steam?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Does the word filter no longer add autistic son to the word son. Suddenly!?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:23 am:?
If this is your reaction to my continuing "can't get into Elden Ring" saga then yeah, man. I don't know either. It's so weird.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I seem to have purchased Starfield while sampling some whiskey last night….

Yeah, I’ll keep it. But I don’t think I can play it for a few days. Pre-order, pre-load.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I *really* want to play Starfield but my 2017 PC can't take it and no way I am going to buy an Xbox for this, plus no way I am going to play a shooting game with a controller if there is an alternative.

Damn, life is so hard.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

Jumping from pc to controller for first person games is fucking impossible. Even once I get the hang of it, I never forget what the experience *should* feel like.

One kinda funny thing (which nobody will relate to or care about) is PC homebrew ports of FPS's designed for consoles. Goldeneye and Metroid Prime both have mouse/keyboard versions, and it always winds up making the game trivially easy.
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

I'm 50/50 on Starfield. I'm worried that it'll feel like Fallout 4, which to me was strangely uninteresting. I absolutely fucking loved FO3/NV, but I kinda think maybe that sorta game isn't infinitely renewable. I dont wanna be the bummer guy but the Starfield promo stuff hasn't really given me much hope.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I don’t think it’s going to be so much like Fallout as it will be Mass Effect with a touch of No Man’s Sky.

If you want Space Fallout New Vegas, then look into the Outer Worlds. I never beat it and was going for a proper replay but I bought this beast, so that plan is done.

For first person shooting I’ll use k/m over controller unless k/m is convoluted like Red Dead 2, or a point & snap, constantly looking down iron sights game, like modern Call of Duty types. Also, anything platform or melee heavy, like a Titanfall 2.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

The Bill wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:14 am Does the word filter no longer add autistic son to the word son. Suddenly!?
maybe one of the mods is a dad now? All I know is I didn't make the change. .. ... ... .. and I want to be able to zoom out further in Baldur's Gate 3.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

Outer Worlds had a great vibe and i enjoyed the 1st half, but it didn't stick the landing imho. Super linear and kinda repetitive. Great great music though!!
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

Fallout 4 had some fucking banger music too now that i think about it
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:07 am Fallout 4 had some fucking banger music too now that i think about it
Banger? I barely know her.

I should probably go check to see if the game is ready.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I lost interest in both Skyrim and Fallout 3 a few hours in, and between that and the fact that there's too much stuff coming out in the rest of this year for my limited gaming time budget as it is (BG3 + C2077 expansion + Space Marine 2 = I'm done, most likely), I think I'm giving Starfield a miss. The reviews don't bode well either. Doesn't seem to be anything particularly out of the ordinary, I'm just paying attention because I like space stuff, but it really looks like yet another game I'll drop after five hours.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:46 pm I lost interest in both Skyrim and Fallout 3 a few hours in, and between that and the fact that there's too much stuff coming out in the rest of this year for my limited gaming time budget as it is (BG3 + C2077 expansion + Space Marine 2 = I'm done, most likely), I think I'm giving Starfield a miss. The reviews don't bode well either. Doesn't seem to be anything particularly out of the ordinary, I'm just paying attention because I like space stuff, but it really looks like yet another game I'll drop after five hours.
I’ll let you all know. Bethesda works magic on me and I always play their shit to death.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Starfield looks amazing so far. I can only run the shit on medium, but I feel even still my PC is having a heart attack. Didn’t play much at all, practically nothing really. But I get the sense this game was made by and for fans of Star Trek The Motion Picture and not fans of Wraith of KAHN. Intro had me mining rocks… and I stopped playing. This game is going to be an ordeal, isn’t it?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Got Baldur's Gate 3 on PS5 and so far its very D&D and I look forward to the warned extreme n00ds and seggs
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Starfield needs patching. I sometimes get this glob of texture deformity that pops up right in front of me. Plus frame rates are on a see-saw.

This thing is seriously overwhelming with all the stuff you can do. Hopefully I can just buy all the good stuff in the universe and not have to craft anything.

Combat feels like Fallout 4 meets that Call of Duty that was in space. Space combat is like a mobile version of Tie-Fighter. The lock picking mini game sucks, will probably just use a cheat to bypass it.

I don’t dislike it thus far, but as I said it needs patching and I hope a lot of nonsense is optional.