The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by FVBTVS »

featherboa wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:44 pm my autistic son made me use comet azur on margott and that felt kind of cheap but oh well
comet azure breaks the campaign its so good :lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:02 pm
featherboa wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:44 pm my autistic son made me use comet azur on margott and that felt kind of cheap but oh well
comet azure breaks the campaign its so good :lol:
If the game can do it, it’s legal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

On episode 3 of Doom 1’s campaign using Project Brutality and some texture and soundtrack mods. It’s been hard but the best thing I’ve played in years. Almost too good and way too badass. I’m going to need juxtaposition here against the brutality, no pun intended.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

ghost boner wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:38 pmI got the new armored core on ps5 digitally and I seriously can't get past the first boss. Can I just give this to one of you guys? I can't fucking do this shit
dude... it was so demoralizing

I have very fond memories of the first few AC games, but haven't played any in while. I had a sneaking suspicion that AC6 would feel more like a souls game, and that would be very bad news for me because i SUCK at those games. I can usually grit my teeth and painfully figure out a tough game, but the souls games are just impossible for me. same thing with tekken for whatever reason.

anyway, that first helicopter boss thing in AC6... it's a nightmare. I eventually figured it out, but only after I died like 50 times. and guess what- the "one simple trick" is a very souls-y solution - you have to do something counterintuitive and you need to get comfortable with treating the boss like a harmless pile of polygons (only fearing the bits that actually harm you)

if the whole game feels more souls than AC, I am not sure I'll stick it out. I'm really not looking forward to a bunch of "figure out the pattern" boss bullshit...

here's what works, if you want to give it another try:
• make sure you're locked on, via R3 (make sure you STAY locked on throughout)
• use square (boost) to be in ice capades mode to keep moving and avoid damage
• when the heli is semi-close, fly straight up to get some altitude and then use that super boost (L3) to rocket at its face
• when you're right on top of it, use your sword to slice it a few times - if the first hit lands, it lets you keep slicing
• do that like 8 times, making sure the heli isn't being an out-of-bounds COWARD before you try and attack
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

play celeste
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Thanks Ross but if I had a physical copy of this it'd be in the trash right now
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oh snap!
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

oops

in other "straight into the trash news" ...

what is THIS shit:

even this reboot looks kinda sad:

I could have sworn there was some semi-recent Contra game that seemed half-decent, but now I can't find a trace
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:47 pm
in other "straight into the trash news" ...

what is THIS shit:

even this reboot looks kinda sad:

I could have sworn there was some semi-recent Contra game that seemed half-decent, but now I can't find a trace

That all looks like a mess. Are you by any chance thinking of the Nintendo DS game Contra 4? Never played it, but I feel as if that was the last positively received Contra game released.

Super bonus tie-in to the other game thread:

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Is there any kind of consensus yet as to whether Armored Core 6 is better on PS5 or on PC? I bought Elden Ring on PC first because DS3 and Sekiro were both much better on PC than console, and it was unplayable at launch, so...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:43 am Is there any kind of consensus yet as to whether Armored Core 6 is better on PS5 or on PC? I bought Elden Ring on PC first because DS3 and Sekiro were both much better on PC than console, and it was unplayable at launch, so...
Just throwing it right in Vern’s face.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

It’s seems enough time has passed that the mods have cat up with Witcher 3 ‘Next Gen.’. I’m going back in, aren’t I?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:40 pm It’s seems enough time has passed that the mods have cat up with Witcher 3 ‘Next Gen.’. I’m going back in, aren’t I?
What did they do to my boy? The frame rates! THE FRAME RATES!! Nooooo!!!

That pisses me off. Maybe another time then.

I might give this a try. Seems badass:

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:11 pm
The Bill wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:40 pm It’s seems enough time has passed that the mods have cat up with Witcher 3 ‘Next Gen.’. I’m going back in, aren’t I?
What did they do to my boy? The frame rates! THE FRAME RATES!! Nooooo!!!
Did they just give up on fixing this? I was in the middle of my third full playthrough when the next-gen update came out and really liked the adapted controls, but it was also clear that it still needed patching.

I mean, it's fine. I'm like at the start of Act 2 of Baldur's Gate 3. By the time I've finished that and the entire additional playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 I'm apparently going to have to do AND Armored Core 6, I'm guessing we'll be two games into the next Witcher trilogy.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:10 am Act 2 of Baldur's Gate 3
Have you romanced Astarion yet?
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Geeheeb wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:41 pm Have you romanced Astarion yet?
I let him bite me, but that's as far as that's going to go. Shadowheart is too much my IRL type, I can't. If I still had time to play RPGs a million times like I did with Mass Effect, I'd try every possible romance option, but that'll probably never happen.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

If you do gay things in a video game it makes you gay in real life. I bet you had sex with Keith Davis, in Saint’s Row 4 as well. Get your pants out of the gutter and go kill hobogoblins and weremen. PERVERTS!

….I looked at some Lara Croft feet fetish drawings on Deviantart this morning.
Eight Bit Alien
Daddy would you like some sausage?

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I usually completely ignore romance stuff in bames but mass effect trilogy was basically 79 hours of me trying to marry the girl with the bottle on her face
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:57 pm I usually completely ignore romance stuff in bames but mass effect trilogy was basically 79 hours of me trying to marry the girl with the bottle on her face
Did you call her “bottle nose”? Isn’t she like a super hyper allergic gypsy? If she’s deathly allergic to long grain white rice and listening to Econoline Crush, how could she possibly not at least get an nasty puss filled rash from your Earth woody womb pecker. Your girlfriend’s high maintenance, dude.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:55 pm If you do gay things in a video game it makes you gay in real life. I bet you had sex with Keith Davis, in Saint’s Row 4 as well. Get your pants out of the gutter and go kill hobogoblins and weremen. PERVERTS!
You're the pervert for even suggesting I''d play a second-rate knockoff of an overhyped Rockstar game that I've never played either.

I did the Garrus romance in ME, but with a femshep because I ain't no fag.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:15 am
The Bill wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:55 pm If you do gay things in a video game it makes you gay in real life. I bet you had sex with Keith Davis, in Saint’s Row 4 as well. Get your pants out of the gutter and go kill hobogoblins and weremen. PERVERTS!
You're the pervert for even suggesting I''d play a second-rate knockoff of an overhyped Rockstar game that I've never played either.

I did the Garrus romance in ME, but with a femshep because I ain't no fag.
Now you want to be a woman and let a reptile dude bone you? What letter in LGBTQ.. and so forth, is that?

I’ll tell YOU this, I got pissed off and reinstalled Witcher 3. I fiddled with camera distance and AA sharpening and now it runs a lot better. What’s strange is the other day, turning off AA made the game look like crap, today not so much. I don’t know why? Also, I have to run it in DX11. Actually, most games run better in DX11 on my PC and look identical to DX12. Stupid Microsoft. Resident Evil 7, is now forced to run in DX12, and I can’t maintain a solid 60 anymore on that. Fucking bullshit, fuck these forced changes just for Gay Tracing.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:09 am a reptile dude
Garrus is a bird, you fucking speciesist.
fuck these forced changes just for Gay Tracing.
Honestly, I do think ray tracing looks cool, but it's not a substitute for good art direction, and it's gotten to the point now where it's this gimmick that everyone has to have. I'd rather have well designed environments that run at 60fps than a bunch of stock assets cobbled together with constant framerate drops but ZOMG RYE TRECUNG.

I mostly wanted the next-gen version of TW3 for the improved controls with a controller, and those are totally worth it. The game didn't really need a visual upgrade anyway, it just needs to run smoothly.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oh what the fuck??

I wrote a whole thing… why didn’t it post.. bah, bullet points:

. Garrus is a dinosaur

.Witcher 3’s (NG) handling of mods suck, merge mods don’t work like they used to.

. RE 2 8 RE7 can run in DX11, just have to do a thing that basically redownloads both games.

.Tell me more about improved controls. Witcher 3, again . Honestly curious!

With Love,

The Garrus
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:11 pm Tell me more about improved controls. Witcher 3, again . Honestly curious!
Haven't played in a bit, but IIRC holding down one of the triggers now switches all of the face buttons to casting a sign. The point being that you don't have to go through the radial menu anymore to "switch signs", you can cast all of them at any time. For me personally, that fixes the one thing that's always bothered me about TW2 and 3 and it basically allows me to finally play it the way I always wanted to. I'm sure it's not as big of a deal for everyone, but it is for me.