Are the muscliest guys here also the most single?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Re: Are the muscliest guys here also the most single?

Post by Green Chamber »

riley-o wrote:
Green Chamber wrote:A genuinely obsessive desire to transform ones self probably doesn't stem from a really secure and confident spot inside.
who cares ? wanting to constantly improve, a genuine desire to strive for something more, even if its root is mental torment or a history of insecurity, is (imho naturally) one of the most important characteristics a person can have.
We could debate the merit of either perspective, but the question was about chicks.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Hypnagogia wrote:I think you missed his point; he was saying why body build? why not challenge yourself & feel endorphins in other ways, such as eating the most pizzas, etc.
...and part of the answer to that question is that it's about more than just challenging yourself, or how you make yourself feel, as you claimed; it's also about how you make yourself appear to others.
He did not miss the point.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:
Tony Twist wrote:Maybe it's the male equivlant of the ultra hot chick who's always single cause men are either intimidated by them or they think they're already taken? Then again, maybe most chicks know a lot of these guys are just douchebags.
I think this is a myth. Really, I had no idea how many times a day a beautiful woman is hit on or asked out, it shocked me, they become talented at blocking it out. For every ten shy guys who'd be intimidated to ask them out, there is one bold guy working serious fucking overtime.
Matt is right.
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Mari_Mar wrote: Hey! WTF!? I never said you were/n't attractive. I've always been to respectful of you to do that!
You said something about being intimidated by muscles. Oh well, either way.
Haha,
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

The Torsion wrote:
Mari_Mar wrote: Hey! WTF!? I never said you were/n't attractive. I've always been to respectful of you to do that!
And you said you weren't a hater. Ha!
Metal Parties for NY Fuckfaces Check It: cluster FUCKED

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
rape bear "I forgot to add: Scott Ward's pussy eating skills."
copstache "scott ward: rapist"
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

Mari_Mar wrote:
Kurt Russell's Beard wrote:
Tony Twist wrote:Maybe it's the male equivlant of the ultra hot chick who's always single cause men are either intimidated by them or they think they're already taken? Then again, maybe most chicks know a lot of these guys are just douchebags.
I think this is a myth. Really, I had no idea how many times a day a beautiful woman is hit on or asked out, it shocked me, they become talented at blocking it out. For every ten shy guys who'd be intimidated to ask them out, there is one bold guy working serious fucking overtime.
Matt is right.

Well, it does make sense. I bet that one guy is a douche though.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Necrometer wrote:
riley-o wrote:
Necrometer wrote:
riley-o wrote:you either do it because some part of you enjoys the challenge and experience and endorphins or you don't do it.
All of this is fine, but why not eat shitloads more pizza/icecream than you do. Being chubby is not going to cancel out ANY of those positives you listed.
well for me personally, as this question seems to be directed directly at me, shit i don't know if you've ever tried to function at a high level of athletics (which doesn't mean lifting weights for an hour after work on MWF, i mean dedication to five or six days a week twice a day workouts) when your diet consists of pizza and iced cream and various junk as the staples of your diet but let me let you in on a little tip: your body doesn't work that way. now if we're talking about strictly body building that's another matter but even then you're going to have much better, longer, more effective workouts if you put good fuel in your body.

honestly this question is so stupid that even though i'm giving you a real response i want you to know that i'm assuming you're trolling here.
Look man I already understood pretty much everything you do and your motivations for them before I made this thread. My comment is applied to a non-fighting, pure lifting scenario which you reminisced back to. And in that case yeah you can push your limits of strength and get the endorphins even if you had +5% bodyfat over whatever you maintained. Your decision to get all confrontational and condescending before admitting that you care about how you look is pretty disappointing. I wasn't suggesting you eat LESS good nutrients, I was suggesting you could eat more fun empty calories and all the posi-shit you listed would still apply.
right but your question was "why not eat shitloads more pizza/icecream than you do" which doesn't apply to everyone, it applies to me. the question as it applies to me is infinitely retarded, particularly because as you said you know why i don't.

further, you said "shitloads" more junk which i am taking literally and wouldn't result in a +5% increase in body fat, it would be a lot more and would have a definite impact on the functionality of your weight training.

i will admit that seeing a definite response from your body as it improves in strength is a motivating factor but that's just seeing the results of hard work. what i was being condescending and confrontational about was the attitude that diet's only effect is to put on some fat when in reality, and as i fucking know you know, it has a massive impact on functionality. so if you claim something you know to be untrue to further your point i will continue to be both condescending and confrontational. what.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

HeyWard wrote:
The Torsion wrote:
And you said you weren't a hater. Ha!
I'm a total hater, never denied it.
Haha,
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

OK riley, shitloads = nature's WAY MORE

:pizza: granted, but no pressure to eat it =&&=
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

my muscley friends are single too. I thought about making a post about myself in here, but I have nothing to do with this thread.
kale
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

HeyWard wrote:
The Torsion wrote:It's feast or famine with females. Most women are a spectacular waste of time. Most men probably are, too. I get so fucking disgusted at how people think you should just be 'content' with who you are. Fuck that. Be intense about something. So many low-impact sadsacks resting on their laurels and living vicariously through televised sports. Always strive for something better, never be satisfied. Losers are satisfied. Like I give a shit if fucking Mari Mar or Hamelia don't find me attractive. The feeling is mutual. I'm not a goddamn bodybuilder anyway. I lift weights an engage in intensive strength training because it's exciting and it fuels my fucking ego when I top what I could do before.

hmmm...needs more breakdowns.
...and a few slam riffs

"it fuels my fucking ego" would be a great song title.
ImageImageImage
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Whatever, 1 hardcore kid in 300 can hold 40 pounds over his head.
Haha,
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

neckbeard wrote:my muscley friends are single too. I thought about making a post about myself in here, but I have nothing to do with this thread.
You have everything to do with this thread: max unmuscle, max unsingle!
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

When Dorian Yates won the Olympia for the first time I think he allowed himself 1/4th a glass of wine and one day off.

Ross, please tell me this thread isn't about trying to find a "weakness" in guys that make you feel inadequate so that you can feel better about yourself.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Bored, Esq. wrote:When Dorian Yates won the Olympia for the first time I think he allowed himself 1/4th a glass of wine and one day off.

Ross, please tell me this thread isn't about trying to find a "weakness" in guys that make you feel inadequate so that you can feel better about yourself.
But, Ross is single too, isn't he?
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Mari_Mar wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:When Dorian Yates won the Olympia for the first time I think he allowed himself 1/4th a glass of wine and one day off.

But, Ross is single too, isn't he?
Not the point at all, Mari. Goddamn.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Bored, Esq. wrote:Not the point at all, Mari. Goddamn.
But, he's muscley too? No?
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

milkmandan wrote:
HeyWard wrote:
The Torsion wrote:It's feast or famine with females. Most women are a spectacular waste of time. Most men probably are, too. I get so fucking disgusted at how people think you should just be 'content' with who you are. Fuck that. Be intense about something. So many low-impact sadsacks resting on their laurels and living vicariously through televised sports. Always strive for something better, never be satisfied. Losers are satisfied. Like I give a shit if fucking Mari Mar or Hamelia don't find me attractive. The feeling is mutual. I'm not a goddamn bodybuilder anyway. I lift weights an engage in intensive strength training because it's exciting and it fuels my fucking ego when I top what I could do before.

...and a few slam riffs

ImageImageImage

The Torsion - 'Feast or Famine' new album 2010!

Includes FREE SOUTHERN LOUISIANA HARDCORE (SLHC) TEMPORARY NECK TATTOO

Tracklisting:

1. Waste of Time
2. Feast or Famine
3. So Fucking Disgusted
4. Be Intense
5. Low-Impact Sadsack
6. Never Be Satisfied
7. I lift weights
8. Goddamn Bodybuilder
9. It Fuels My Fucking Ego
10. Intensive Strength Training
ImageImageImage
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Bored, Esq. wrote:Ross, please tell me this thread isn't about trying to find a "weakness" in guys that make you feel inadequate so that you can feel better about yourself.
Heavens no! I don't have too many bad/inadequate feelings about my body, and I do admire the guys that bust their asses for whatever goal. I explained what inspired the thread - that's it. I guess it could have been any hobby, like the stuff Hana listed.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

This is why I don't say what I'm really thinking that much.
Haha,
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

the StadiumBeerFit demo was better
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

milkmandan wrote:
milkmandan wrote:
HeyWard wrote:

...and a few slam riffs

ImageImageImage

Tracklisting:

1. Waste of Time
2. Feast or Famine
3. So Fucking Disgusted
4. Be Intense
5. Low-Impact Sadsack
6. Never Be Satisfied
7. I lift weights
8. Goddamn Bodybuilder

Ahahahahahaa :tup:
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Teebore wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
milkmandan wrote:
milkmandan wrote:
HeyWard wrote:

...and a few slam riffs

ImageImageImage

Tracklisting:

1. Waste of Time
2. Feast or Famine
3. So Fucking Disgusted
4. Be Intense
5. Low-Impact Sadsack
6. Never Be Satisfied
7. I lift weights
8. Goddamn Bodybuilder
Ahahahahahaa :tup:
"
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

:ax: :ax: :ax: :ax:
"It's feast or famine with females. Most women are a spectacular waste of time. Most men probably are, too. I get so fucking disgusted at how people think you should just be 'content' with who you are. Fuck that. Be intense about something. So many low-impact sadsacks resting on their laurels and living vicariously through televised sports. Always strive for something better, never be satisfied. Losers are satisfied. Like I give a shit if fucking Mari Mar or Hamelia don't find me attractive. The feeling is mutual. I'm not a goddamn bodybuilder anyway. I lift weights an engage in intensive strength training because it's exciting and it fuels my fucking ego when I top what I could do before."
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

The Torsion wrote:This is why I don't say what I'm really thinking that much.
i thought it was a great post :rhug: :lhug:

"low impact sadsack" really put it over the edge
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES