Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
MPD
I hate your life.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

Victim/Suspect - 8
Where the Day Takes You - 6
Sisu - 7.5
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Midsommar - 8.5/10. Ruled but Chris fratt was kinda shitty
formerly ghost boner
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Videodrome - 8

The Wages of Fear - 9
The Hourglass Sanatorium - 7.5
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i liked the new evil dead !

i'm feelin a strong 6 to a light 7
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Creed III - 0
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Bad times at El Royale - 7/10
formerly ghost boner
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Showdown in Little Tokyo - 7.5/10
Feels quite a bit like Commando: there's tons of dumb one-liners and bullet holes and a rather bare bones plot. Dolph Lundgren looks fucking hot in this film, there's nekid tits every ten minutes or so, and Shredder plays the villain. Wish Brandon Lee would have been given the opportunity to show more of his slick moves.

Legacy of Rage 6.5/10
Typical 80s HK crime drama/ action mixture that has too much rather boring drama stuff and not much action until the finale, which is quite decent. Brandon Lee is, at best, adequate as an actor, but he's got good screen presence.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Lamb - 8/10. What an odd film
formerly ghost boner
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Glass onion - 8/10
formerly ghost boner
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

ghost boner wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:23 pm Terrifier - 4/10
Terrifier 2 - also 4/10. The 5 dollars I spent on these combined is eating me up inside. True piece of shit films
Watching part 2 while drunk. I hope I throw up.
Ill body
/
Ill will
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

I Got a Monster - 7.5

not enough.

none of these things are enough.

Art History - 4
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Monstrous: IT STINKS!!!!
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

ghost boner wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:38 am Lamb - 8/10. What an odd film
it was remarkable, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it wanted to tell me. It was quite refreshing to see a movie that apparently just wants to be just an experience.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

ghost boner wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:23 pm Terrifier - 4/10
Terrifier 2 - also 4/10. The 5 dollars I spent on these combined is eating me up inside. True piece of shit films
I hoped they have great practical gore effects? Wasn't enough to make the Hatchet-films worth watching, but still...
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Renfield - fun/enjoyable/fuck ska
You People - not fun or enjoyable/how does this shit keep getting made/fuck jonah hill
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Linoleum - 8
The Night of the 12th - 5

Summer With Monika - 8
The Quiet Girl - 6.5
Close to Vermeer - 8
It Ain't Over - 9
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I stopped cataloging the movies I watched for a while because I've been seeing a lot of garbage. Shit i'd call "content" rather than actual movies. I'd just assume forget the majority of them.

Renfield ('23) - 5/10 - Definitely starting to feel old when I watch flicks like this. This was mostly goofy and unappealing, despite having some good moments and ideas in it. The action sequences have over the top CGI gore paired typical modern, quick cut John Wick/Marvel movie type 'badass' assassin fight sequences that tend to wash over me now with little effect.

Rumble in the Bronx ('95) - 8/10 - Compare these action sequences with the modern style and the contrast is dramatic - long shots of people throwing hard punches and getting fucked up. There's no editing magic and acrobatic stand ins to make things look impressive. It's been a long while since I saw this originally, and it holds up really well, even with all the nonsensical character motivations and whatnot. I did get a kick out of it taking place in NYC, while there's clearly mountains in a lot of skyline shots.

Star Wars: The Return of Skywalker ('19) - 7/10 - The first time I saw this, I hated it - and I still maintain that it's not a good movie. Subsequent attempts at rewatching were all shut off within 30 minutes of putting it on. I picked up the 3D version on the cheap not long ago, and decided to give it another go lasts weekend. For whatever reason, I fully enjoyed it this time... All the undoing of TLJ stuff didn't irk me, the chasing of bullshit around the galaxy wasn't bad, and the blatant fan service didn't make my skin crawl. I actually really enjoyed it, but maybe I just needed to shut off my brain. I'd bet that in 15 years, just like the prequels before it, there will be an upswell of fondness for this (and all the Disney SW movies), as the kids who saw it will be old enough to post about their nostalgia. Regardless, fuck JJ Abrams, and it's still the worst of all Star Wars movies - even worse than Solo, by a country mile.

65 ('23) - 6.5/10 - This was better than the last few Jurassic Park movies, but it still wasn't very good. The people who made this probably felt like the premise was really good, so they made sure that everyone understood it by hammering on it at the beginning and end, which resulted in the corniest sections of the film.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Renfield - 3/10 Fucking rotten. I know it’s a comedy in the same venue as Twins, so it has action & drama in it, but it’s a damn mess. There’s tons of CGI blood, but either I’m desensitized to violence or they just didn’t do it right. Cage is the best about this, but even his performance is a mess as he switches from a decent Dracula to wacky acting Nicolas Cage from scene to scene. Akwafina continues to be the present day anti-sliced bread. Where did this piece of shit come from?
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

While watching Renfield, I kept thinking about how much better Shadow of the Vampire is, and that I should be watching that instead. Why the fuck is it an action movie with huge hand to hand combat sequences?
bobby_paranoize
Electric Lucifer

Post by bobby_paranoize »

FVBTVS wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:28 pm the master gardener - 4.5
I was in this movie. The actual scene that was filmed was probably like 5 minutes long with dialogue and whatnot and took a full 8 hour day to film but only like 3 seconds of it ended up in the film during one of the flashback scenes. I played in the "metal band" in the "neo-nazi bar" scene. Got paid $1,000 though.
But yeah, the only reason I watched it was because I was in it. Movie stinks.
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

I guess I'm getting simple in my old age, or just easy to please. Cage was the best thing about Renfield, I just saw his all over the placeness as various nods to so many previous draculas and dracula films, Bela Lugosi Gary Oldman etc, like he just had too many ways he wanted to play it so fuck it, it's just corny fun anyway. The stupid bad guys were enough to set the tone at silly and I was content enough with that to not expect anything more?
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Stan Lee - 8.5
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Dead & Buried (1981) - 7/10 - standing up well for its age solid 80s horror, good twist ending, couple of bodacious ta ta’s at the start.

Nightmare City (1980) - 2/10 - I watched it as a kid, not standing up well - sorta zombie/ radioactive mutant Italian horror with a dumb twist ending and yeah I can’t understand why I was scared when I saw it at 9 years old or so
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Hunter wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:16 am
Rumble in the Bronx ('95) - 8/10 - Compare these action sequences with the modern style and the contrast is dramatic - long shots of people throwing hard punches and getting fucked up. There's no editing magic and acrobatic stand ins to make things look impressive. It's been a long while since I saw this originally, and it holds up really well, even with all the nonsensical character motivations and whatnot. I did get a kick out of it taking place in NYC, while there's clearly mountains in a lot of skyline shots.
Watched this twice in the cinema in the 90s... maaaaan, Jackie Chan's films were just so great. I must have watched Armour of God 2 like 20 times.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

ali : fear eats the soul (4k) - 10
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR