Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
MPD
O.G. Interwebber

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

Handling the Undead - 7.5
Wooden Crosses - 9
You Can Call Me Bill - 9
Carol Doda Topless at The Condor - 8
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Beyond thunderdome - 7.5/10. I remember this being terrible and never watched it since then like 20 years ago. A lot better than I though. Some retarded stuff but some real cool stuff too and God DAMMIT CANT MY FURIOSA DISK JUST GET HERE ALREADY
formerly ghost boner
THE KILL
Olde Timer

Post by THE KILL »

I've forever been wanting to watch that but just can't seem to get around to it. Also, Last House on the Left...
The Bill wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:02 am My COCK: A-doodle-doo fun time play whistle. Potential chocking hazard for babies and pets.
THE KILL
Olde Timer

Post by THE KILL »

Last House on the Left - 7.5/10
Well done grindhouse film with some really weird (but sometimes strangely fitting) musical choices and slapstick scenes involving two borderline retarded cops in an otherwise totally bleak and nihilistic film. There's an interview on my DVD (British Anchor Bay, very slightly cut unfortunately) with the actor who played the main bad guy and who also did the blues/ folk soundtrack, David Hess. What a weird asshole, at one point he talks about how the actress who played the rape victim had a look on her face "as if she had totally given up" and how "he could have had sex with her then and there". Ok. Turns out that he method acted at the set of Last House and made filming hell for the woman playing the rape victim. What a piece of shit that dude was.
The Bill wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:02 am My COCK: A-doodle-doo fun time play whistle. Potential chocking hazard for babies and pets.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

hadnt seen the 97 lolita in quite a long time. holy shit
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Whee of the Dead
I hate your life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

A Quiet Place 3 - 2/10

Absolutely revolting zero-calorie normal people creature feature. One of those fucking garbage dumps setting out to 'redeem' the horror film by injecting it's 'it's really about the pEoPle" milquetoast drama. So much life insurance commercial cinematography with shaky cam close-ups of faces doing 'life's little things' while public domain ambient music hovers around.
All the monster stuff is dip shit video game trash. Nothing moves like real life. Monsters, explosions, crashes, etc all have that uncanny valley sped up 100x for excitement or whatever. Absolute garbage.

2 points for the cat.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

That is my favorite review in this thread now. Did you like the original? I thought the first was great and 2nd ate dicks. Just curious if you liked the franchise at all
formerly ghost boner
THE KILL
Olde Timer

Post by THE KILL »

FVBTVS wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:50 am hadnt seen the 97 lolita in quite a long time. holy shit
elaborate please
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i dont know its just crazy which adaptive strategy they took, the things they didnt do and the pov they chose to honor. she's shot so erotically. she's flirts with him and its not open to interpretation, shes precociously sexual. they portray humberts thoughts straight forwardly and always take him totally at face value :lol: theres absolutely no reason to do that! the guy lies and lies and lies, the book is a book of clever lies and subterfuge and manipulations. its utterly insane to just shoot what he says happens and never even remotely hint that theres anything else underlying that which would undermine him or anything outside the narrative frame other than looming 'tragedy'. quilty is portrayed as a kind of end boss of pedophilia he gets to redepmptively/vengefully murder

and at the same time for being so knucklehead and illiterate its kind of an awesome movie with beautiful acting and atmosphere and dread and paranoia and evil that it wouldnt have achieved if it was smarrter :lol:

maybe im old

I have 8 children.
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

lolita fans: I'm jerking off to it ironically
livid dealer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:31 am DIO NEVER JUMPED ON WHAT WAS POPULAR (THE PROVERBIAL BANDWAGON)

AND DIO DIDNT FUCK GUYS
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Quilty's murder is one of the funniest things ever penned to paper.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Would you have the goodness, pardon the intrusion, to hold my little doggy?
Eight Bit Alien
need...miss...want...

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Chris Hanson: Right here in the chat log sir, it says "Im going to ******** your little **** ****** until **** kindergarten ***** for three days..."
Perp: Yeah but I'm unreliable :o
livid dealer wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:31 am DIO NEVER JUMPED ON WHAT WAS POPULAR (THE PROVERBIAL BANDWAGON)

AND DIO DIDNT FUCK GUYS
THE KILL
Olde Timer

Post by THE KILL »

FVBTVS wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:39 pm i dont know its just crazy which adaptive strategy they took, the things they didnt do and the pov they chose to honor. she's shot so erotically. she's flirts with him and its not open to interpretation, shes precociously sexual. they portray humberts thoughts straight forwardly and always take him totally at face value :lol: theres absolutely no reason to do that! the guy lies and lies and lies, the book is a book of clever lies and subterfuge and manipulations. its utterly insane to just shoot what he says happens and never even remotely hint that theres anything else underlying that which would undermine him or anything outside the narrative frame other than looming 'tragedy'. quilty is portrayed as a kind of end boss of pedophilia he gets to redepmptively/vengefully murder

and at the same time for being so knucklehead and illiterate its kind of an awesome movie with beautiful acting and atmosphere and dread and paranoia and evil that it wouldnt have achieved if it was smarrter :lol:

maybe im old
great review! :tup:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wasn't there a scene they sort of shoe-horned into the movie where it's implied that he rapes her and she's seen crying afterwards? I sort of vaguely remember that being in there as a fig leaf.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Whee of the Dead
I hate your life.

ghost boner wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 12:50 pm That is my favorite review in this thread now. Did you like the original? I thought the first was great and 2nd ate dicks. Just curious if you liked the franchise at all
I saw the first two and thought they sucked but didn't actively hate it as much as this one.

The worst part is that these movies are about monsters that rely on sound to hunt so you can have some awesome next level pure cinema cat and mouse monster stuff but instead this shit wants to be Hallmark channel drama slop.
cranial separation

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i havent seen the quiet place movies because i hate the office space guy very passionately but i saw the scene in the first movie where one of the kids get eaten out of nowhere and thats a good one. probably the entire point of the existence of the franchise was building a movie around that one scene

I have 8 children.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

cxwx wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:45 pm
featherboa wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:53 pm
FVBTVS wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 10:54 am
featherboa wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:12 pm I turned off Titane
I had some alone time and was trying to chill and it was not chill
Finish it. Its good

First 30-40 minutea or so is really nuts
someone was trying to break they own nose on a counter top when i bailed

edit:
you know, i gave up on a pynchon book during a nose surgery too. maybe i have nose o phobia
Esther Gets A Nosejob?
I'm watching it now and I'm a little drunk and I've just gotten to the chop stick scene which already makes it the best movie ever made. Why does this only have a 6.5/10 rating?
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

This movie was fucked :tup:
MPD
O.G. Interwebber

Post by MPD »

Abigail - 7
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Monkey man - 8.5/10. This is your typical revenge story you've seen 60,000 times and yet it STILL RULES. I will admit I'm a sucker for excellently shot, well choreographed fights with minimal plot line and driving force, though
formerly ghost boner
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner

I'm pretty sure I'd seen bits and pieces of this on Youtube, but never the whole thing for some reason. Anyway, it's three and a half hours, and I was really just going to watch like maybe an hour and then get back to it the next day, but I ended up watching the whole thing in one sitting, and now I badly want to see Blade Runner for the 35082345th time.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
THE KILL
Olde Timer

Post by THE KILL »

I can totally empathize; I only need to hear a couple of seconds of the soundtrack to get the strong urge to watch it again.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:23 am I can totally empathize; I only need to hear a couple of seconds of the soundtrack to get the strong urge to watch it again.
Yeah, the soundtrack does it to me everytime.
featherboa
Elitist Prick

Post by featherboa »

cxwx wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:23 pm This movie was fucked :tup:
I never redownloaded it
Image Certified Poster
Whee of the Dead
I hate your life.

Body Double - 8 - Got to see this on the big screen which made me appreciated more than my home video watches. Still silver-tier De Palma for me.
cranial separation