Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
User avatar
MPD
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

The Mummy (1999) - 7
The Mummy Returns - 7
The Scorpion King - 4.5
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9335
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: chug-a-lug house

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by ghost boner »

So I married an axe murderer - 8/10. I haven't seen this since I was a little kid and knew every single thing still and it still holds up
formerly ghost boner
User avatar
THE KILL
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by THE KILL »

Heroes shed no tears - 6,5/10
John Woo filmed this in 1984, but after seeing the first cut, Golden Harvest decided not to spend any money on promotion and only released the film in South Korea... after A Better Tomorrow's success the studio recut it and added comedy and sleaze, which makes for a pretty inconsistent tone. It still has lots of explosions and people getting shot, I just expected better cinéma...

Predator - 8/10
Hadn't seen this in like 30 years, it's great!
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
User avatar
Warpsmasher
git help.
Posts: 1349
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:23 am
Contact:

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Warpsmasher »

The Spine of Night - Better than Fakk 2/10

Immediate pros:
NOT ANIME. Rotoscoping with additional 2D and 3D
Conan/GoT style world/universe
More phat ass and titties than you can shake a wizard staff at, very Heavy Metal

Lingering cons:
Rotoscoping looks too real sometimes. You can read their lips.
Some scenes are dragged out for too long
Flashbacks

Worth watching. Lots of cool visual stuff and interesting art styles. I wouldn't put it in the same league as The Liberator, but it's a similar type of production. One of the more curious things about it is that it's a featured release made for Shudder, which is supposed to be a horror stream...maybe not the most correct place to release what is basically like an R Conan movie, but it works as well as anything else. Probably to keep it R, as Netflix surely would have toned it down too much. I'm just happy to see more stuff like this getting done I guess.
Last edited by Warpsmasher on Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4993
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm
Location: Fifty Island Water

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by cxwx »

The Nobody

Ten fukkin skullz
writhing the red agony of its flayed trunk toward the waste of heaven
Get another hobby, like skinning rats…I’ll come visit you in jail sometime.
User avatar
MPD
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

The Batman - 6
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63487
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Necrometer »

Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9335
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: chug-a-lug house

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by ghost boner »

cxwx wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:36 pm The Nobody

Ten fukkin skullz
do you just mean nobody with bob odenkirk? all i see on imdb for the nobody is some old comedy with a 4 star rating
formerly ghost boner
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4993
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm
Location: Fifty Island Water

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by cxwx »

ghost boner wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:58 pm
cxwx wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:36 pm The Nobody

Ten fukkin skullz
do you just mean nobody with bob odenkirk? all i see on imdb for the nobody is some old comedy with a 4 star rating
Yeah just “Nobody” with Bob O and RZA and Christopher Loyd.

I was already three sheets to the wind by the time of my post.
writhing the red agony of its flayed trunk toward the waste of heaven
Get another hobby, like skinning rats…I’ll come visit you in jail sometime.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9335
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: chug-a-lug house

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by ghost boner »

That movie fucking rules so God damn hard I knew it had to be it
formerly ghost boner
User avatar
MPD
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

Dirty Harry: Dead Pool - 6
Unthinkable - 6.5
Phantasm II - 8
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4993
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm
Location: Fifty Island Water

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by cxwx »

The Evil Within

:shock: :drooly:

This was like if early 80’s Sam Raimi and David Lynch directed a script written by Tim and Erich and had cinematography done by the Brothers Quay for an extended episode of Freddie’s Nightmares. About halfway through it becomes far more mean spirited than you expect it be. The director, one of the producers and one of the cast members died before it was released.
1000/10
writhing the red agony of its flayed trunk toward the waste of heaven
Get another hobby, like skinning rats…I’ll come visit you in jail sometime.
User avatar
Hunter
and friends
Posts: 4053
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:28 am
Location: Look at me. I'm the Hunter now.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Hunter »

cxwx wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 pm The Evil Within

:shock: :drooly:

This was like if early 80’s Sam Raimi and David Lynch directed a script written by Tim and Erich and had cinematography done by the Brothers Quay for an extended episode of Freddie’s Nightmares. About halfway through it becomes far more mean spirited than you expect it be. The director, one of the producers and one of the cast members died before it was released.
1000/10
It should also be mentioned that the director (Andrew Getty) was a wealthy oil heir (Getty Oil) who was also a heavy meth (and many other drugs) user. He was found dead, naked from the waist down having suffered 'traumatic injury to the rectal area.'

:o
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4993
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm
Location: Fifty Island Water

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by cxwx »

Hunter wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:10 am
cxwx wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 pm The Evil Within

:shock: :drooly:

This was like if early 80’s Sam Raimi and David Lynch directed a script written by Tim and Erich and had cinematography done by the Brothers Quay for an extended episode of Freddie’s Nightmares. About halfway through it becomes far more mean spirited than you expect it be. The director, one of the producers and one of the cast members died before it was released.
1000/10
It should also be mentioned that the director (Andrew Getty) was a wealthy oil heir (Getty Oil) who was also a heavy meth (and many other drugs) user. He was found dead, naked from the waist down having suffered 'traumatic injury to the rectal area.'

:o


The whole back story is more fucked up than the movie itself. J Paul Getty seems like a truly sociopathic billionaire, makes Trump sound like Fred Rogers.
writhing the red agony of its flayed trunk toward the waste of heaven
Get another hobby, like skinning rats…I’ll come visit you in jail sometime.
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
Olde Timer
Posts: 5020
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

i've really gotta finally sit down and watch that bitch

ive heard the effects are pretty good
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
User avatar
MPD
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

X - 3
User avatar
Foot Foot
Giant Eyeball of Death.
Posts: 3948
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:51 pm
Location: Shittsburgh
Contact:

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Foot Foot »

cxwx wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:13 am
Hunter wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:10 am
cxwx wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 pm The Evil Within

:shock: :drooly:

This was like if early 80’s Sam Raimi and David Lynch directed a script written by Tim and Erich and had cinematography done by the Brothers Quay for an extended episode of Freddie’s Nightmares. About halfway through it becomes far more mean spirited than you expect it be. The director, one of the producers and one of the cast members died before it was released.
1000/10
It should also be mentioned that the director (Andrew Getty) was a wealthy oil heir (Getty Oil) who was also a heavy meth (and many other drugs) user. He was found dead, naked from the waist down having suffered 'traumatic injury to the rectal area.'

:o


The whole back story is more fucked up than the movie itself. J Paul Getty seems like a truly sociopathic billionaire, makes Trump sound like Fred Rogers.
love this shit.
User avatar
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe
Posts: 63487
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 am
Location: Feelin' fine.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Necrometer »

the lost boys 6/10 I’d never seen this… it’s fine
Image
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
User avatar
MPD
How's them beans, ma?
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

The Hidden Fortress - 8.5
Riot - 7
Umma - 4
User avatar
Hunter
and friends
Posts: 4053
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:28 am
Location: Look at me. I'm the Hunter now.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Hunter »

Jackass Forever ('22) 6/10 - 7 day free trial of Paramount Plus at work

Darkman ('90) 8/10 - I haven't seen this in years and was surprised how crazy it was
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 17925
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by FVBTVS »

cxwx wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:13 am
Hunter wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:10 am
cxwx wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 pm The Evil Within

:shock: :drooly:

This was like if early 80’s Sam Raimi and David Lynch directed a script written by Tim and Erich and had cinematography done by the Brothers Quay for an extended episode of Freddie’s Nightmares. About halfway through it becomes far more mean spirited than you expect it be. The director, one of the producers and one of the cast members died before it was released.
1000/10
It should also be mentioned that the director (Andrew Getty) was a wealthy oil heir (Getty Oil) who was also a heavy meth (and many other drugs) user. He was found dead, naked from the waist down having suffered 'traumatic injury to the rectal area.'

:o


The whole back story is more fucked up than the movie itself. J Paul Getty seems like a truly sociopathic billionaire, makes Trump sound like Fred Rogers.

i've seen balthazar getty a few times in bars down here with weird people around him. the whole story of that family is pretty incredible
User avatar
Hunter
and friends
Posts: 4053
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:28 am
Location: Look at me. I'm the Hunter now.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Hunter »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:45 pm
cxwx wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:13 am
Hunter wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:10 am
cxwx wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 pm The Evil Within
(Crazy Getty)
(Youtube doc on The Evil Within)
i've seen balthazar getty a few times in bars down here with weird people around him. the whole story of that family is pretty incredible
Wait, holy shit - the kidnapped guy was Balthazar's dad? Fucking hell.
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
Olde Timer
Posts: 5020
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

THE BATMAN - 8.4, I think

Really fun shit for the most part, strongest entry in the franchise besides Nolan, for sure. A lot of novel fun... that rainy car chase scene RULED.

Not quite so impressed with the plot, but it wasn't a disaster. I want to say more but without spoiler tags I'll hold off.
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
User avatar
THE KILL
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by THE KILL »

I always wonder what makes people rate a film one tenth higher or lower than what they could have rated it. Personally, I use a 20 point system, so I might rate films 7, 7.5, or 8, but it's hard to differentiate further. Friend of mine gives each film he watches (at least three daily, on the average) a score between 0 and 100 (Commando being a 100), and I don't see how that's supposed to work. Do you compare films to other similar films or is it a gut feeling?
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
User avatar
THE KILL
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by THE KILL »

Anyway,

Hard Target (International version) - 7.5/10
So far, it's by far the best Van Damme film I've seen (admittefly I haven't yet seen all of them... it's doubtful though that films like Cyborg will change my mind)). Great akkschen scene in the beginning, too much story in between, but once the showdown starts, oh boy it's classic John Woo action with added jump kicks by Van Damme. Lance Henriksson is great as always.

New Ghostbusters - 7/10
It's decent, I guess. Looking forward to another Ghostbusters film, hopefully done by Jason Reitman again, taking place in New York again. (Here's a thought: if we could have another Gremlins film, this time made by Jason Reitman, I think that would be amazing. Considering there's a bazillinth Critters sequels, it's strange that there have only ever been two Gremlins movies.)
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Post Reply