Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: chug-a-lug house

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by ghost boner »

Last blood is absolutely perfect
formerly ghost boner
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: chug-a-lug house

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by ghost boner »

Of course
formerly ghost boner
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
O.G. Interwebber
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

yeah me and vernon pretty much already decided if its a good movie or not

it was a clandestine illuminati type conversation
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
featherboa
Midget Fucker
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by featherboa »

nomadland
i cut my hand at work and just let it drip on my desk during a conference call -copstache
probably some punk broth - tvbfvs
dames are lousy now mah i gotta bop peckahs -eba
it's been hard to find the focus necessary with all the racket my wife & her boyfriend have been making -necro-meter
User avatar
THE KILL
Jesus never gave me that bike!
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by THE KILL »

Pumpkinhead 6/10
Not enough gore... i.e. none.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4682
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 am Pumpkinhead 6/10
Not enough gore... i.e. none.
Who cares about the gore? The revenge avatar design is probably one of the best visual costumes ever on film.

As a movie it isn’t amazing but the story is almost like a fable. The last scene with the witch where you see what the actual physical source of the [REDACTED] is still gives me chills.
We apologize if our activities caused anyone to die.
User avatar
THE KILL
Jesus never gave me that bike!
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by THE KILL »

cxwx wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:56 am
THE KILL wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 am Pumpkinhead 6/10
Not enough gore... i.e. none.
Who cares about the gore? The revenge avatar design is probably one of the best visual costumes ever on film.

As a movie it isn’t amazing but the story is almost like a fable. The last scene with the witch where you see what the actual physical source of the [REDACTED] is still gives me chills.
It was definitely a mixed bag. Loved Lance Henriksen's performance, and like you I thought the monster great. Many scenes were very atmospheric. It's just it had the structure of a monster slasher movie and I felt it lacked proper killing scenes. Even when pumkinhead does something brutal, it's presented in a lame way, like when he throws that chick from the tree, there's a cut, and then she's just lying on a rock. I think handmade gore vastly improves any film of that kind. Pacing was poor as well, especially in the finale.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
User avatar
THE KILL
Jesus never gave me that bike!
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by THE KILL »

Night of the creeps 7/10
Cool almost but not quite zombie flick. Great special effects and the detective keeps spouting one-liners like there's no tomorrow.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being
Posts: 4682
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:19 pm
cxwx wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:56 am
THE KILL wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 am Pumpkinhead 6/10
Not enough gore... i.e. none.
Who cares about the gore? The revenge avatar design is probably one of the best visual costumes ever on film.

As a movie it isn’t amazing but the story is almost like a fable. The last scene with the witch where you see what the actual physical source of the [REDACTED] is still gives me chills.
It was definitely a mixed bag. Loved Lance Henriksen's performance, and like you I thought the monster great. Many scenes were very atmospheric. It's just it had the structure of a monster slasher movie and I felt it lacked proper killing scenes. Even when pumkinhead does something brutal, it's presented in a lame way, like when he throws that chick from the tree, there's a cut, and then she's just lying on a rock. I think handmade gore vastly improves any film of that kind. Pacing was poor as well, especially in the finale.
The pacing was poor I agree, you have to keep in mind the director wasn’t a real director. It was directed by the actual special effects designer himself. I believe it was the first movie he had ever directed at that time as well. I think it’s a pretty unique movie for what it is. It is much more about the atmosphere than anything else.
We apologize if our activities caused anyone to die.
User avatar
MPD
Fists of Blood.
Posts: 3211
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

Eternals - 4
User avatar
THE KILL
Jesus never gave me that bike!
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by THE KILL »

cxwx wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:52 pm
THE KILL wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:19 pm
cxwx wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:56 am
THE KILL wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 am Pumpkinhead 6/10
Not enough gore... i.e. none.
Who cares about the gore? The revenge avatar design is probably one of the best visual costumes ever on film.

As a movie it isn’t amazing but the story is almost like a fable. The last scene with the witch where you see what the actual physical source of the [REDACTED] is still gives me chills.
It was definitely a mixed bag. Loved Lance Henriksen's performance, and like you I thought the monster great. Many scenes were very atmospheric. It's just it had the structure of a monster slasher movie and I felt it lacked proper killing scenes. Even when pumkinhead does something brutal, it's presented in a lame way, like when he throws that chick from the tree, there's a cut, and then she's just lying on a rock. I think handmade gore vastly improves any film of that kind. Pacing was poor as well, especially in the finale.
The pacing was poor I agree, you have to keep in mind the director wasn’t a real director. It was directed by the actual special effects designer himself. I believe it was the first movie he had ever directed at that time as well. I think it’s a pretty unique movie for what it is. It is much more about the atmosphere than anything else.
Hey man, Stan Winston is an absolute legend, he and his team brought to life the Terminator, The Thing, the Predator, Aliens, the list goes on and on... I probably wouldn't have watched Pumkinhead if the dude hadn't directed it. Still, I guess his real talent lies in doing special effects...
Has any of youse seen A Gnome Named Gnorm? Imdb rates it 4.5 and it got atrocious reviews...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
featherboa
Midget Fucker
Posts: 6239
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by featherboa »

Memoria
i cut my hand at work and just let it drip on my desk during a conference call -copstache
probably some punk broth - tvbfvs
dames are lousy now mah i gotta bop peckahs -eba
it's been hard to find the focus necessary with all the racket my wife & her boyfriend have been making -necro-meter
User avatar
MPD
Fists of Blood.
Posts: 3211
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

T-Men - 7
In the Earth - 6.5
The X From Outer Space - 7
Goke, Body Snatcher From Hell - 7.5
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - 10
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: chug-a-lug house

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by ghost boner »

Promising young woman - 9/10
formerly ghost boner
User avatar
MPD
Fists of Blood.
Posts: 3211
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

Ivan's Childhood - 8.5

The Killers (1946) - 8
State of Grace - 8
The Living Skeleton - 7.5
Genocide (1968) - 7
eXistenZ - 8
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Posts: 9951
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:33 am
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by The Bill »

The Family Stone 3/10 I’m starting to think slasher movies offer a more realistic view into how people act and react in real life vs these goddamn “rom-coms”.
User avatar
MPD
Fists of Blood.
Posts: 3211
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:47 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

At the Ready - 8
Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band - 8.5
User avatar
FVBTVS
Sweet Lord _______
Posts: 17536
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by FVBTVS »

targets (1968) - 7.4
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
O.G. Interwebber
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Bill wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:30 pm The Family Stone 3/10 I’m starting to think slasher movies offer a more realistic view into how people act and react in real life vs these goddamn “rom-coms”.
:lol: :lol:
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
User avatar
THE KILL
Jesus never gave me that bike!
Posts: 4407
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by THE KILL »

silent night deadly night - 6.5/10
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
User avatar
Eight Bit Alien
O.G. Interwebber
Posts: 4637
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:43 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I had absolutely no idea Stan Winston directed Pumpkinhead. I heard the creature effects were great, but I've never seen it. Gotta check that out now
Zerohero wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:59 am cleaning out old stuff in the freezer--- old slice of leftover pizza..boom eaten back to life
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Posts: 9951
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:33 am
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:54 pm I had absolutely no idea Stan Winston directed Pumpkinhead. I heard the creature effects were great, but I've never seen it. Gotta check that out now
It’s a nice little Halloween type tale. Really nothing too special, but probably better than any movie that came out last 2 years.
Glub
...to the other side!
Posts: 1091
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Glub »

Titane - 4/10.
The Lost Daughter- 5.5.
Antlers - 6/10.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Scott the what
Luck of the Corpse
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:09 am

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by Scott the what »

The Wave. 8/10 drugs and time travel. If you enjoyed Donnie Darko you may enjoy this. Its on Amazon Prime and it came out in 2020.

Child of God. 8/10. James Franco directed it, Cormac McCarthy wrote it. One could say its about a man and his fuck toy, and his persecution by the un-understanding town folk.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Posts: 9951
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:33 am
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by The Bill »

Destination Wedding (2/10) I’m being punished for something.
Post Reply