Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
MPD
I hate your life.

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by MPD »

Elvis - 3.5
The Skeleton Key - 5.5

Alamo Bay - 7
Spirits of the Dead - 6
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

shadow of violence - 5

great cast but not much there
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Nope - 8

Some really cringe moments almost ruined this for me but I felt he stuck the landing here. I'm interested in a lot of his choices and perplexed by others. I didn't fall asleep and that's saying something for me nowadays.
No Cunting Elves
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

hellraiser 2022 - 4.666

really not that good but spasms of brilliance and inspiration. cool ending. rubbery pink and violet non-anatomical cenobites can go eat shit. instead of having a protagonist who is driven and prideful driving the action they decided on an addict and unemployed wastreal projecting the evil onto the billionare. doesnt make a lot of sense in the end, running from demi gods of pain like its a slasher movie. no
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:37 pm hellraiser 2022 - 4.666

really not that good but spasms of brilliance and inspiration. cool ending. rubbery pink and violet non-anatomical cenobites can go eat shit. instead of having a protagonist who is driven and prideful driving the action they decided on an addict and unemployed wastreal projecting the evil onto the billionare. doesnt make a lot of sense in the end, running from demi gods of pain like its a slasher movie. no
spot-on review, mate! Another thing I didn't like was that the rules for the cenobites weren't that clear or were nonexistent - it was possible for them (?) to open a fucking portal in a driving (!) car, but they can't get into a giant villa? Why? Can they only open X portals until they run out of steam or something?
If it wasn't for the bonkers and pretty bloody final half hour, it would pretty much have been another failed Hellraiser film, disappointing especially since it was made by the dude who's responsible for The Ritual, which was cool, and the excellent The Nighthouse.
Still, it felt like they were setting up more films. I could live with more mindless gory Hellraiser films dropping each year around Halloween... I enjoyed watching the Saw films each year, too. They became more nonsensical and brutal with each film, so much so that at least two of them are still banned in Germany. :awesome: :drooly:
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Hunter wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:01 am Timecop ('94) - 4/10 - Produced in part by Sam Raimi! Q: Does this have a ton of that shiny/super shitty CGI that was somehow impressive at the time? A: OH YEAH! Q: Does Van Damme hold himself up in the air with a split? A: FUCKIN HELL YES HE DOES! Q: Will you remember anything else about the movie mere days after watching it? A: Absolutely not!
Wasn't there something about a superconductive material that allowed the computer to be fast enough to calculate time travel? I remember that and not using what reads like static atmospheric pressure to hold oneself in the air via the splits.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Vesper - 7. Pretty good probably worth another watch but not amazing.

I liked Prospect more.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Geeheeb wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:41 am
Hunter wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:01 am Timecop ('94) - 4/10 - Produced in part by Sam Raimi! Q: Does this have a ton of that shiny/super shitty CGI that was somehow impressive at the time? A: OH YEAH! Q: Does Van Damme hold himself up in the air with a split? A: FUCKIN HELL YES HE DOES! Q: Will you remember anything else about the movie mere days after watching it? A: Absolutely not!
Wasn't there something about a superconductive material that allowed the computer to be fast enough to calculate time travel? I remember that and not using what reads like static atmospheric pressure to hold oneself in the air via the splits.
Time Cop starts out with a bunch of gov't suits in a mission room discussing how dr. mindbender or whoever cracked the code for time travel, and there needs to be time cops now. This context drop may have included some jibber jabber about superconductors, but I do not remember that at all.

Natural Born Killers ('94) - 7.5/10 - Probably saw this in the theater 3-4 times, but not again since then. It's not good, but I was still highly entertained (unlike my wife who made it clear that she did not like it). Felt like a pretty big moment for counter culture at the time, but hasn't exactly aged well - still got some nostalgia points out of me.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles ('87) - 6/10 - Somehow, I never saw this and I think I was right to avoid it. I chuckled a couple times but it felt pretty flat for the most part. Steve Martin flicks have always been hit or miss for me. I'd like to reassess My Blue Heaven and Novocaine though.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special - 7
Requiem for a Killer: The Making of 'Blast of Silence' - 7
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

nope 6.5/10 this grew on me a bit since I watched it, but it still seems like JP is rapidly evolving into a smarter/cooler/meta-er m night (could be worse)

vesper 8/10 astounding effects & production design - insane that it was made for next to nothing. as something of a bioengineer myself, I thought they nailed that entire aspect. perfect balance of things feeling feasible, interpretable, yet uncanny. opposite end of the spectrum from westworld, anyway.
Geeheeb wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:50 amVesper - 7. Pretty good probably worth another watch but not amazing.

I liked Prospect more.
thanks for the reminder about this! I was really looking forward to it. did you watch their previous movie, vanishing waves (aka aurora)? it has some fucking amazing scenes, visually/thematically, but the narrative is even less compelling than vesper. both movies have a strong "men are the worst" vibe...

I gave prospect a 6.5 for whatever reason. I think it's nicer to remember that movie than to actually watch it.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

where the crawdads sings
Image Certified Poster
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I rewatched “The Suckling” and it was even more disgusting and stupid and awesome then when I watched it as a teenager

:tup2:
Ill body
/
Ill will
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Life as It Is: The Neorealist Movement in Italy - 7.5
Cesare Zavattini - 8
Andrei Tarkovsky: A Cinema Prayer - 9
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the keep - 4
holy spider - 5
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Run & gun - 9/10. So this movie rules pretty hard but there is one scene that just rockets it to the top. I can't rightly give it a ten, but God damn I can't recommend this enough if not just for that one moment
formerly ghost boner
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the blob '88 - 7
kes - 10
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The Dream in the Mirror - 8
Islands: Georgy Rerberg - 8.5
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

glass onion 9/10 if you liked knives out I think you’ll like this
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Soon to be Spacehamsters’ favorite movie!
Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Killbots/ Chopping Mall - 6/10
Eh, it was alright. I expected more gore, to be honest
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:29 am Killbots/ Chopping Mall - 6/10
The only reason to watch that movie is the laser head shot. Angus Scrimm is actually one of the audience members in the beginning but his back is turned the whole time and you can’t tell it’s him.
Ill body
/
Ill will
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

cxwx wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:53 pm
The only reason to watch that movie is the laser head shot. Angus Scrimm is actually one of the audience members in the beginning but his back is turned the whole time and you can’t tell it’s him.
What an interesting bit of info! I have to admit I know almost nothing about that actor apart from the fact that he played the baddie in Phenomenon.
holy fuck, he was the narrator in Wishmaster!!

In general, I enjoy low budget "trash" films from the 80s just for their atmosphere and sometimes amazingly dumb dialogue, but Killbots could/ should have been a whole lot dumber.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:47 pm
What an interesting bit of info! I have to admit I know almost nothing about that actor apart from the fact that he played the baddie in Phenomenon.
holy fuck, he was the narrator in Wishmaster!!

In general, I enjoy low budget "trash" films from the 80s just for their atmosphere and sometimes amazingly dumb dialogue, but Killbots could/ should have been a whole lot dumber.
I think you mean Phantasm.

You might have spotted Mary Woronov from a million other B movies and Suicidal Tendencies “Institutionalized” video.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

also in the crowd are the Blands from Eating Raoul