The New Unstoppable MMA Thread!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Myiasis wrote:I wonder what it's like for a deaf person to get drunk?
Stick earplugs in your ears, get wasted and tell us how it goes.
Teufel's Tomb » Facebook » Last.FM
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

Teufel wrote:
Myiasis wrote:I wonder what it's like for a deaf person to get drunk?
Stick earplugs in your ears, get wasted and tell us how it goes.
Interesting experiment... I may investigate.
Image You know the mind has a thousand eyes Image
F/K/A HAPF
How's them beans, ma?

Post by F/K/A HAPF »

Teufel wrote:Image
He should have worn that Saturday night.
Xbox live: dashboardmelted or HAPF
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Dennis Kang officially signed with Hero's. I was hoping he'd turn up in UFC, but at least he didn't go to Bodog.
Junie Browning wrote:Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family!
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Heroes event Monday looks cool.

Kharitonov vs. Overeem and much more

Tonight Nick Diaz fights on Showtime.

Lawler vs. Ninja

Diaz vs. uhhhhh some can...

Gina Carano vs some ginger chick
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Thank you for the heads-up Mr. B - I would never have known this was on since I have no "channel guide" on my cable. This just started... perfect.

Diaz is vs Mike Aina... not sure if you did not know or did not care?
Last edited by Necrometer on Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

UFC75 was indeed very forgettable.

That EliteXC event was really good from what I saw of it... had to go watch a band all my friends were in for the middle, so Diaz will have to prove some other day that he's worth everyone's hype. The refs were letting people get pummeled a LOT before calling these fights. I loved the Ninja/Lawler fight, even if it went way longer than it needed to.
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

Tito Ortiz re-signed with UFC.

http://www.ironlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86915
I’ll be re-signing with the UFC and they gave me what I want. I know a lot of other companies that are asking about me and I can’t count how many phone calls I’ve said “I can’t talk to you guys anymore,” because it’s against my contract. I’ve got guys literally who have called me and they’ve said, “Is this Tito?” And I’ve said, “Yes.” And they’ll say, “This is so and so.” And I’ll have to stop them right there and tell them, “Oh, let me stop you there. I can’t talk to you no more.”

It’s just one of those things. I think if you look at the history of Ultimate Fighting Championship, and you look at a person or a fighter who’s made more money for the company than any other fighter in the world, my name’s going to be right on top of all those names, way past Liddell, way past Couture because I’ve had a huge draw and a huge fan base that still support me 100%, win, lose, or draw.
I hate him so much, but he makes money. I'm the first to admit I'll buy a PPV just because he's on it in the hopes I might see his big, loud, stupid face get kicked in.
Last edited by Myiasis on Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Necrometer wrote:UFC75 was indeed very forgettable.

That EliteXC event was really good from what I saw of it... had to go watch a band all my friends were in for the middle, so Diaz will have to prove some other day that he's worth everyone's hype. The refs were letting people get pummeled a LOT before calling these fights. I loved the Ninja/Lawler fight, even if it went way longer than it needed to.
No shit. My buddy and I were really surprised that the ref let Hua get the piss beat out of him for as long as he did. I think it was just a bad call. We saw people from Ninja's corner yelling at the ref in the background, after the fight. Good night of fights overall, though!
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Jerrod wrote:Hua
It's spelled "Rua" - Brazilians just can't pronounce the letter R. Same story with Royce --> hoyce.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

That whole "letting people get the shit beaten out of them for an extra thirty seconds" is a marketing strategy by the little guy [read: non-UFC] to get people to say "WOW, ELITE FITIN IS MUCH MORE BRUTALER YA GOTTA CHECK IT OUT BRO". UFC is already sitting pretty and doesn't want any bad press, so they will not allow that level of savagery, especially since they don't need to.
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Necrometer wrote:
It's spelled "Rua" - Brazilians just can't pronounce the letter R. Same story with Royce --> hoyce.
Good call.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

Jerrod wrote:
Necrometer wrote:
Good call.
Carmack
Luck of the Corpse

Post by Carmack »

Mauro: Tonya said she would like like to make out with Gina but instead she'll beat her up.
Goldberg: I'm not touching that with a 25 foot pole
Mauro: ..I'd touch it with a 25 cm one
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Carmack wrote:Mauro: Tonya said she would like like to make out with Gina but instead she'll beat her up.
Thank you! Fuck, that commentary was childish.
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

Carmack wrote:Mauro: Tonya said she would like like to make out with Gina but instead she'll beat her up.
I couldn't believe he said that when I was watching it. I just kept thinking "this retard is gonna get fired", but... then again they had strippers dancing on invisible poles on the entrance during the breaks.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Necrometer wrote:
So Rick would be Hick...? You mean someone could say, "Ya I have to fight that Hick guy."
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

the awesome Assassin wrote:"Ya I have to fight that Hick guy."
It's like the trashtalk is done for you!
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Anyone got the k-1 streaming info?
Teufel
Olde Timer

Post by Teufel »

the awesome Assassin wrote:
Necrometer wrote:
So Rick would be Hick...? You mean someone could say, "Ya I have to fight that Hick guy."
Well... Rickson Gracie is pronounced "Hickson Gracie" so... yes. A lot of European languages use a silent R. Before anyone says anything stupid, yes, I realize Brazil is in South America, but they speak Portugese and Portugal is in Europe so shut up you ignorant wanker (in advance).
Last edited by Teufel on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Teufel wrote:
Necrometer wrote:
Well... Rickson Gracie is pronounced "Hickson Gracie" so... yes. A lot of European languages use a silent R. Before anyone says anything stupid, yes, I realize Brazil is in South America, but they speak Portugese and Portugal is in Europe so shut up you ignorant wanker (in advance).
Americans dumb down the english langauge constatnly. Eventually I imagine the US schools to teach txt talk.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
F/K/A HAPF
How's them beans, ma?

Post by F/K/A HAPF »

Teufel wrote:
Necrometer wrote:
Phonetically its /x/. Like the letter j in Spanish has the English h sound. I have no idea why.
Xbox live: dashboardmelted or HAPF
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

UFC fight night tonight on Spike ! Decent card for a free show, even though I know it probably looks less good compared to that last free show... I don't know why Hironaka vs. Alves might not be shown though, that could well be the fight of the night. Here's hoping Terry Martin permanently ends Leben's career.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Myiasis
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Myiasis »

riley-o wrote:UFC fight night tonight on Spike ! Decent card for a free show, even though I know it probably looks less good compared to that last free show... I don't know why Hironaka vs. Alves might not be shown though, that could well be the fight of the night. Here's hoping Terry Martin permanently ends Leben's career.
I wish there were a way for them to end each other's careers.

I'm torn between Fight Night and the Cannibal Corpse show tonight. I need to make up my mind soon. I'm thinking I'll be watching fights instead of metal.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

Myiasis wrote:
riley-o wrote:UFC fight night tonight on Spike ! Decent card for a free show, even though I know it probably looks less good compared to that last free show... I don't know why Hironaka vs. Alves might not be shown though, that could well be the fight of the night. Here's hoping Terry Martin permanently ends Leben's career.
I wish there were a way for them to end each other's careers.

I'm torn between Fight Night and the Cannibal Corpse show tonight. I need to make up my mind soon. I'm thinking I'll be watching fights instead of metal.
You can always tape one...or tevo or whatever.