The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

Dying Light is definitely a future Steam sale purchase.

New Pillars of Eternity screens. This + Bloodborne = who needs a woman [emoji38]
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
[emoji22]

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

guardianoftheblind wrote:why did you have to "cave"? its a legitimately great game
Cause I didn't want to start another game so close to Bloodbourne / but I had finished Far Cry and no other overdue Baming to catch up on.

Your right, it's pretty legit - other than a hammer wearing that quickly.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

rented the order and beat it in 3 play sessions. totally mediocre game. stop n pop game play is very serviceable with no glaring faults and the graphics are pretty gorgeous (but with not enough variety), but everything else is blah. its a last gen game with better visuals. 5/10
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I'm addicted to Helldivers on PS4. Game ownsss
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I liked the idea of Dead Island, but absolutely hated it's execution. Still, super cheap on Steam this week plus this mod...

...made it a must buy. I really hope that mod pans out. Turning all the video gamey nu-zombies into "proper" slow ones that can only be killed via the head is the zombie game I'm still waiting for.

I think I need to take on the remaining FO:NV DLC all in a row. Also do any Strip missions. The game is warning me that continuing the main story is going to make enemies of the NCR, and I'm worried that will make a mess everywhere of everything. Sold off that tacky Legion armor, and now me and my special lady friends roam the lands in formal dinning wear (or underwear) with White Glove Society masks. Elegance and the Macabre all wrapped up into a fine futomaki style sushi roll for me to devour. Devour to your grave!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the melee combat mechanic in dead island is just awesome as hell. with a different approach to the open world elements, making the exploration more worthwhile and interesting i'd probably fully play a sequel instead of just tinkering with it in a bored way. i'm kinda of the mind that fallout 4 will have some approximation of that combat in it.. :mastoman:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

i beat dead island awhile ago and once you get to the jungle you just drive around and grind through the last part of the game which feels like a chore. scavenging was easier than dying light though :pizza:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I usually play these games like a blood thirsty asshole, but some of the New Vegas mods have alleviated the need for a lot of combat points, so I've finally been able to play as a silver tongued devil that can fix stuff. I now prefer it. I did the entire Kings quest with out violence, just convincing people to listen to me. Good stuff. Pretty much useless in the Elder Scroll games, but I need to do this for my eventual Fallout 3 play-through as well.

I was going to start the next DLC, but I kept running into all these side quests and they're mostly all great. I think I want to find Black Mountain next, as that radio cast is pretty damn funny. See, this is a funny ass game, with charm. Developers would do well to learn from this, or No One Lives Forever. These other games with the wise cracking protagonists, or EXTREME humor suck on the comedy side of things. Anyone play Sunset Overdrive? I've never wanted to throw a tomato at my screen more than that experience*

*Forgot about Borderlands 2. Holy shit is that ever the worst.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

well thats a minute of my life i dont have anymore..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

oh man the fart shouting
strict
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by strict »

im not much of a video game dude but is there anything that comes close to fallout 3? i have like 15 games and thats all i play
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

not really..

not even new vegas either
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
strict
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by strict »

yeah i enjoyed it to an extent but its not uhhh desolate enough. too friendly

and im too retarded/uncoordinated to play dark souls
:fp:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Git gud, dude. The Souls games are on a completely different level than Fallout 3 and don't deserve the disgrace of being mention in the same breath as a Bethesda game.

Fallout 4 is going to achieve a new level of (confidence) and bugginess.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

strict wrote:yeah i enjoyed it to an extent but its not uhhh desolate enough. too friendly

and im too retarded/uncoordinated to play dark souls
:fp:
I'm currently playing New Vegas with mods on the PC. Having a fantastic time. Yeah, it takes itself way less serious than FO3 did, but it's done right and I enjoy it.

To each their own, but I'd take an Elder Scrolls or Fallout over a Souls game any day. That being said try the first Dark Souls, it is truly excellent. I once compared the Souls franchise to Bethesda's but they really are in two different boats. Think of Souls more like a 3D Castlevania Symphony of the Night type game.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: You TOTALLY don't have to be super coordinated to play Dark Souls. I'm a scrub in terms of controller handlin' and I do just fine at it. It's all about just getting comfortable with it.
Miyazaki specifically said he's no good at action games and his litmus test was whether he could beat the game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

Anyone played Starships yet? OMG it's barely a game at all, but fucking addictive. Reminds me of Spaceward Ho! from back in the day.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

delmuerte wrote:Anyone played Starships yet? OMG it's barely a game at all, but fucking addictive. Reminds me of Spaceward Ho! from back in the day.
What is this?

Souls games = Bathory / Black Sabbath / Neurosis

Fallout3/Skyrim = Slipknot / UFC theme / Steampunk moustache finger Facebook xasthur fans.

I only say this because I am unhealthily hyped for Bloodborne and this is my pledge to the altar of Miyazaki. Umbasa.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

You can stop talking that trash now, you're coming off like a damn fool. Anyhow, everyone knows that Fallout/ES is beyond childish metal, and embodies the spirit of Rock n' Roll itself.

Steam sale just made me the proud own of the PC versions of South Park, Alpha Protocol, and Deadly Premonition (which was an utter bitch to get working, Dark Soul's fix dude's patch and all). Once DP was up and running I was able to make it look like an actual 360 game, and not a Dreamcast one.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I may or may not have been slightly intoxicated when I made that post.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Although Old World Blues was funny Dead Money was leaps and bounds better than the other two DLC. Actually, better than most DLC period. It really made me realize that 98% of all DLC is garbage. I miss the days of expansion packs. That just leaves Lonsome Road which the other 3 DLC have alluded to. That's pretty cool. I sort of feel that this is the true ending to the saga of my travels and the vanilla end game is just epilogue.
frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Post by frost »

so anyone got Hotline Miami 2? Game is considerably harder than the first one, also I miss the choice to play with whatever mask I feel like.
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Trying to play DayZ on Arma 2 Epoch mod reminds me why I snigger whenever I read PC supremacy.

I'm just not IT literate enough to enjoy the hours of dick farting around to get a game to run properly.

I work in IT :fp:
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath