The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

I saw that sale. Dare I ask if there are any PC mods that make Resident Evil 5 & 6 better games?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Last night, I gave the M/KB set-up a decent try out. It's good, but I did start feeling an uncomfort in my back. Could have been due to my weight workout, as I was feeling something hours earlier in the same spot. Still feel something right now. I need a box or a hard pillow to force myself forward while keeping me from lurching over. Retard World Problems.

Here's a thing I discovered. The mouse/key board isn't Kansas anymore. I'm still good at aiming but there might be a lag or miniscule issue with my wireless mouse. I do notice it act up on the vanilla Windows screen from time to time. I can't find any update drivers for the software on the Logitech homepage for Win 8.1. As for the keyboard, that's where my rust is. I'm not used to blindly hitting buttons in this manner. I'm also out of touch when it comes to which button would be best for what action. My old button mapping ways from early 2K don't seem so streamlined or second nature anymore. So strange. Undying, for example, felt a lot better than using Pinnacle to force mouse aiming via a controller, yet felt completely awkward. Like buying a Cross pen, but then trying to write with my left hand. Mass Effect 1 (once I finally got the button assignments to something functional) is mostly great, but storming and using cover are the controller's realm to rule.

Enough of the negative talk, though. I'm getting excited to potentially play/replay Deus Ex, System Shock 2, and Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines, Knights of the Old Republic I & II. All of this would be way too complex through Pinnacle. Christ, I should just plow through all these old 2K PC games, as Pinnacle is still never as good as native controller nor m/kb. Fucking Rune, Chaser, Chrome, Judge Dredd. I own Judge Dredd :oops: Turok Dinosaur Hunter... with the first person jumping... with a mouse, okay maybe not Turok. This opens up Baldur's Gate and that new one that just came out that Wang has been yanking his wang over. Man, my back and wife aren't going to be happy about all this.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The Bill wrote:I saw that sale. Dare I ask if there are any PC mods that make Resident Evil 5 & 6 better games?
I suppose using cheatengine to get a bunch of money and ammo would probably help

I thought 5 was a decent game though
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

The patch to make RE5 and 6 not suck is to play them in coop. With RE6 you really need to dig up some how to play youtube videos too because the game's mechanics aren't explained for shit.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

It's alright. It wouldn't be very prudent to buy those titles at this juncture.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote: I thought 5 was a decent game though
I hate to ruin your evening, but I think that makes you and me the only people here who liked that game.

Although I have to say, I dug it up again a while back, and it didn't hold up for me at all. I think back in '09 I was just way more willing to accept janky controls. I don't really quite understand anymore why I played RE5 so obsessively, but this was my "just came back from no bames for 10 years" phase, so I guess that's why.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

it was a worse RE4 with better controls and a decent co-op component

it's no classic or anything but you can certainly do worse than "a less good RE4"
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

I'd be down for another RE5 or 6 coop sesh... after I finish Witcher 3
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

5 was okay except for my oft-bitched-about awful AI for black lady sidekick. The boss designs were a lot of fun
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

riley-o wrote:5 was okay except for my oft-bitched-about awful AI for black lady sidekick. The boss designs were a lot of fun
BRO YOU GOT A SCRATCH ON YOU LET ME USE THIS ENTIRE HERB

AW MAN THANKS FOR THIS SWEET SMG, I'M JUST GONNA KEEP USING MY PISTOL THO
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I love RE5. The series always felt like a B movie turned video game so I welcomed all the boulder punching and man turned giant squid monster bosses.

Bill, there is a small mod that removes the green puke color filter from the PC version. The colors really pop then.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Finished Arkham Origins tonight. I think I like it a bit better than City.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

How was the DLC for RE5? I've never played that because I got the US version of the main game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Not worth the $15 they are charging for 6 year old dlc that's for sure.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

at the risk of repeating myself, my finger has been hovering over buying the scholar thing for dark souls 2 on xbox one but i just cant bring myself to commit 60 bucks to a game i already beat just because its different . especially when i already bought all the dlc for 360 and only completed one of them :ax:

its completely fucked up i cant get a discount on a digital version since i bought the shit from the xbox store. i refuse to accept :tdown:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:Not worth the $15 they are charging for 6 year old dlc that's for sure.
Well, okay then. Truth be told, it'd probably drive me nuts having to unlock all the weapons again anyway. It's just this tiny itch I've had ever since because I did love the game to pieces and could never play the DLC, but eh.
FVBTVS wrote:at the risk of repeating myself, my finger has been hovering over buying the scholar thing for dark souls 2 on xbox one but i just cant bring myself to commit 60 bucks to a game i already beat just because its different .
So wait until the price drops. Sailboat Simulator 3 is coming out next week anyway.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Bought all three ds2 dlc's...haven't played them yet since all I play is cod ghosts :lol:

Re5 just felt so episodic and boring, couldn't dig it. I didn't mind re6, but the frame rate was so awful.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Ghost Dad wrote:all I play is cod ghosts :lol:
:lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

It's like I'm under some perverse spell, man. I can't stop playing COD games. Eventually I'll switch to something else on a whim and will wonder what I was doing with the past year of my life.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
16 days played in ghosts... :shock:
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

play battlefield at least, man :fp:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
but no i definitely get it. i obviously played my share of mw1 and mw2. cod has maintained such a low barrier of entry and it asks so consistently little of you. maps can be learned quickly. games are short. customization. etc. its something you can always play a few games of and yet have no desire to play more of once you stop. its like browsing a magazine at the dentist or rubbing one out..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

How's Ghost's single player? How's the Kevin Spacey one's single player?

Sweetfx makes Call of Cthulu look a lot better. Unofficial patch might make it a much better game. Maybe I'll get to it around Halloween.

Stopped GTAV in favor of restarting Mass Effect 1 for the first time on PC. Only ever played as a soldier. Going to do an Adapet play through. Already found stuff I missed. Playing strictly as a dick brings the LOLs and extra loot. I'm happy.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

The single player....standard cod fodder, corny and eye rolling plot, but some pretty fun missions.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Ghosts is rad :tup:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oh! A new Rock Band game. Let's see Avenged Sevenfold... Spin Doctors... yeah, I think I'll stay music video game retired.

Getting back in the groove of the m/kb. I think I'll buy a new wireless set and mouse pad with a cushion thingy.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Unless it's a Rocksmith esque game where you learn actual skills - no way.

Rather than get to into anything ahead of Wild Hunt I've been playing the first Black Ops game and Rocksmith on ps4
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath