The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by doomeddisciple »

Wang Mandu wrote:What difficulty are you guys playing UFC on? I suck at the ground game but am slowly getting the hang of it. I took a light heavy weight to #4 on Advanced and Rashad Evans keep knocking me the fuck out, ground and pound. I'd stuff his takedowns for awhile and then he get one through and I was done. I suck.
When he gets you on the ground, flick the joystick up to 12 and around to 9, as soon as you stand hold L1 or LB depending on what console you have, and throw a left/right heavy punch combo - He most always walks into at least one.

My first career guy had terrible takedown defence and I just repeated the above and KO'd him in 1 and a half rounds of that ad nauseum. It was too cheap for such a deep fighter, so I started a new career guy and am balancing the sparring points a bit better and doing better second time around.

EDIT: Second hardest difficulty
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

guardianoftheblind wrote:HERE IT IS BOYS

official site has much better quality, but :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
so badass.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
GuyIncognito
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by GuyIncognito »

Wang Mandu wrote:Yeah! Another shooter...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Still need to pick up the first MW. :false:
copstache wrote:definitely play through indigo prophecy. one of my favorite games of last generation. i didn't love it at first but it grew on me. it gets pretty dumb near the end but it's a totally unique game.
Need to finish that sometime. Can't remember why I stopped playing it... New one from the same studio looks bananas.

Hellooo!

I'm still excited about Heavy Rain just because it's a supposed vague sequal (in terms of gameplay) of sorts of Indigo Prophecy. But, from what I've been seeing it seems to be more of the Dragon's Lair inspired gameplay (which IP had some of) and less of the graphic adventure inspired gameplay (which IP had a lot of). In fact, I've yet to hear any confirmation that HR has any graphic adventure aspects at all. Anyone know the lowdown on this shit??? I'm still going to play it even if it's all Dragon;s Lair-esque, but I'd be happier if I knew there was some of the point an clicky style gameplay of IP.
"I always think of you as the first American ever to be into Folk Metal." - Kris Verwimp.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

ahaha that's awesome. What game is that?

I just found out that the newer 360's can't be flashed for PIE RAT. At least not yet. Bitter sweet, what with them being more stable and all...

Anyways, I'm about 12 hours into Tales of Vesperia. I like this way more than Lost Odyssey and I really liked that one.
god isn't interested in technology. he cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time forty-three species of parrots nipples for men
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Last Remnant. It started off as an innocent sidequest. He just asks you to go into a cave and harvest some ingredients for his science project. You would bring the stuff back, and his projects would always fail. Then you discover that he was trying to impress ladies with it (and they turned out to be men)...

Now he's trying to turn men into a women!

Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Totally fucking buying Infamous.
GuyIncognito
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by GuyIncognito »

Comrade Slinky wrote:Totally fucking buying Infamous.
Hellooo!

So you can blow and shoot stuff up?
"I always think of you as the first American ever to be into Folk Metal." - Kris Verwimp.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

YAWN

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

the clerical conspiracy wrote:up games
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

GuyIncognito wrote:
Hellooo!

So you can blow and shoot stuff up?
I sure hope so!
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

I'm psyched for this as well. But Sony blew it not putting this out before the 3 day weekend!

I'm also all hard over Red Faction Guerrilla. If you havent tried the demo yet do it! Fucking bad ass! Well the single player demo that is, havent tried the multiplayer.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
Jack Mort
O.G-Had

Post by Jack Mort »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote: I'm also all hard over Red Faction Guerrilla. If you havent tried the demo yet do it! Fucking bad ass! Well the single player demo that is, havent tried the multiplayer.
That game will be the shit. Demo is awesome. Can't wait for it.
T3HGCKa

http://www.last.fm/user/NxTx
soiled depends wrote:her mom sounds like miss piggy choking on a huge juicy cock...
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

Hahahhaha fucking Skyclad
god isn't interested in technology. he cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time forty-three species of parrots nipples for men
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Man, another game pushing me towards buying a PS3. C'mon price drop!
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

doomeddisciple wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:What difficulty are you guys playing UFC on? I suck at the ground game but am slowly getting the hang of it. I took a light heavy weight to #4 on Advanced and Rashad Evans keep knocking me the fuck out, ground and pound. I'd stuff his takedowns for awhile and then he get one through and I was done. I suck.
When he gets you on the ground, flick the joystick up to 12 and around to 9, as soon as you stand hold L1 or LB depending on what console you have, and throw a left/right heavy punch combo - He most always walks into at least one.

My first career guy had terrible takedown defence and I just repeated the above and KO'd him in 1 and a half rounds of that ad nauseum. It was too cheap for such a deep fighter, so I started a new career guy and am balancing the sparring points a bit better and doing better second time around.

EDIT: Second hardest difficulty
:cheers: Yeah, it was almost too late to really catch up with my takedown defence. My Muay Thai clinch was lethal on the other hand. Gonna have to create another character for the LH division.

Overall, there's a lot of room for improvement in this game but it's so addicting. I've never been a huge MMA fan but I love the Ultimate Fighter series. This game is really peaking my interest in the sport.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Stink Pig
Big White Dummy

Post by Stink Pig »

metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

Replaying Resident Evil 5 on professional mode. I don't even know why, it's almost too difficult to be enjoyable.
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

blades of steel is a good one, but i always preferred ice-hockey myself.
i like to dissect women
Stink Pig
Big White Dummy

Post by Stink Pig »

tried to find ice hockey while on vacation last xmas at the most bitchin' flea market i've ever been to.so many NES vendors.i had to bargain with this russian lady who wanted $50 each for ninja gaiden II and castlevania III.talked her down to $60 for the pair.still way too much, but even the vendors know that these games are worth a fuckload (paid $25 for the original contra) and they can always find a nostalgic old shitfuck like myself who will nearly empty his bank account for ten boxes of NES carts...
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Well since I got my ps3 as a bday/graduation gift, it's been a tie between Dead Space(only game that has made me jump), GTA4(the online is like crack lol), and UFC Undisputed.

So far in career, I'm 7-1 All victories by TKO or KO. I have my fighter on Heavyweight since I tend to always make my first created person myself, and I've been dominating. You guys can laugh at me about this but I went into a fight with low stamina and had my ass handed to me by Mark Coleman of all fighters. Most of my fights have ended either by ground-n-pound, muay thai clinch, and a right hook. My last fight against Brandon Vera was Brutal! He countered me on the ground, so I managed to reverse his ground game to have us standing. The second we stood up, before he even had his arms up, right hook dead on the chin. It was great, the fucking hit sent him spinning.
PSN- BroMan43
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

post your psn id for hot ufc action

i'm riley-o
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:

I'm psyched for this as well. But Sony blew it not putting this out before the 3 day weekend!

I'm also all hard over Red Faction Guerrilla. If you havent tried the demo yet do it! Fucking bad ass! Well the single player demo that is, havent tried the multiplayer.
Thats what on my list for tomorrow, I loved the other Red Faction games, I even got a laugh out of the reference in Undisputed.

BroMan43 is my PSN
PSN- BroMan43
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Wang Mandu wrote: :cheers: Yeah, it was almost too late to really catch up with my takedown defence. My Muay Thai clinch was lethal on the other hand. Gonna have to create another character for the LH division.

Overall, there's a lot of room for improvement in this game but it's so addicting. I've never been a huge MMA fan but I love the Ultimate Fighter series. This game is really peaking my interest in the sport.
Just KO'd Rampage to become the undefeated 205 champ, woo is me.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Goatus
Goatus

Post by Goatus »

The next greatest game ever made