The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

Hunter wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:05 am I played through Inscryption, which was great. Nice to play a game that isn't straightforward or predictable, even though it centers around card playing mechanics. Between this, Snap, and Slay the Spire, it seems like I'm a card game guy now.
I’ll never understand why people like card games. I’m talking about all cards. From Poker to Pokemon. Blackjack, Solitaire, Magic the gathering of the juggalos, Uno… all of it. Probably explains my disdain of turn based video games as well. I hate leaving my fate to dice rolling and card shuffling.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Hunter wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:05 am I played through Inscryption, which was great. Nice to play a game that isn't straightforward or predictable, even though it centers around card playing mechanics. Between this, Snap, and Slay the Spire, it seems like I'm a card game guy now.
tainted grail ?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

The Bill wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:34 am
I’ll never understand why people like card games. I’m talking about all cards. From Poker to Pokemon. Blackjack, Solitaire, Magic the gathering of the juggalos of the juggalos, Uno… all of it. Probably explains my disdain of turn based video games as well. I hate leaving my fate to dice rolling and card shuffling.
Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me. I like puzzle games, and card games are puzzle adjacent, I guess. That, and my free time is unpredictable these days. It's hard to find long stretches, so these card games are easier to play for 10 mins at a time. Plus, if I'm playing remotely (through an app or something), lag isn't a problem. But yeah, the RNG element is infuriating at times. I get insanely frustrated when playing Snap and key cards don't get drawn for long stretches - but when shit works out or I pull off some crazy combo, I'm walking on sunshine. ::propellant_addicted_girl_gif::
FVBTVS wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:15 pm tainted grail ?
Looks cool, I just need to find a way to play while not sitting at a computer. Might be time to consider an xbox or steam deck.
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I do sometimes think about going on ebay buying magic cards from 1997. Havent touched any of that stuff since around then. ICE AGE

My dork freinds have been arguing about buying digital cards in various games for a very long time now. I guess in reality it's no different from any DLC but it seems oddly 'wrong' if it's a digital version of something-once-real.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I don't think I'll ever be a collectable card game guy - but I do like to buy old movie/tv/novelty trading card wax packs from ebay. I sent a Dune ('84) pack to Pooptastik and he tried chewing the gum.
Eight Bit Alien

Hahah man i remember that gum being hard and jagged enough to slice the inside of my cheek IN THE 80S.

I had a 99% complete set of X-Men Series 2 trading cards and i could never ever get the last one or two. Same with Marvel Masterpieces.
Eight Bit Alien

Pooptastik is continually the king of this entire website history
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat the Resident Evil 4 remake. It’s very good although I feel the end dragged.

Maybe next is that game before Control by the Alan Wake/Max Payne dudes. I can’t think of the name, I want to say Quantum of Solace but that’s a James Bond movie. I don’t know, Little Finger from Game of Thrones and a Hobbit are in it.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Fully recommend the Steam Deck.

It's been widely available for a while now, but I still get looked at like an exotic fish almost every time I use it at work/in public.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Glub wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:09 pm Fully recommend the Steam Deck.

It's been widely available for a while now, but I still get looked at like an exotic fish almost every time I use it at work/in public.
The thing is cool in theory, but I’m never going to do the serious baming on a hand held. I need a big screen. What I might do is get one of those handheld emulators that has a 1000 arcade games. I can see fucking around on something like that on a trip. I don’t even need the NES or Genesis games.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The one day…. the ONE DAY I decide to give Quantum Break a go there’s a substantial internet outage in my area and after playing for a bit I get a message saying not only is this a game, but a streamer TV show as well & I can’t continue without internet. Oh, fuck you!
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Quantum Break is one of my favorite games ever. I hope you can enjoy it. I even really liked the "TV Show", which received lots of hate.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Krieg wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:01 am Quantum Break is one of my favorite games ever. I hope you can enjoy it. I even really liked the "TV Show", which received lots of hate.
I haven’t given up, but what a stink of a coincidence that the one game that must have internet is the one I play when I don’t have internet. This was an Xbox One era game, yes? Combat feels like a gimmick 360 era game.

I also reinstalled Metro Last Light, DOOM 3, and Rage. I have problems. I think that unless a game gets a real damn good Steam sale discount I shan’t buy a new game till after the summer. I do want a piece of that Dead Space remake, damnit.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ugh! I think I have the springtime slump again. I’ve tried 3 games and nothing is sticking/clicking with me. I guess French girl vs THE RATS 2, somewhat holds my interest. Like a Tomb Raider game sort of, maybe, kind of a little.

I got bored the other night and just let my-son play O.G. NES Ninja Gaiden. Fuck me. I did give him some pointers, but he’s hella good, yo.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Anyone else playing dredge? Does this go anywhere?
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

ghost boner wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:59 am Anyone else playing dredge? Does this go anywhere?
I know of it, and the whole Lovecraft thing did tweak my interests. But, the actual game, fishing and what have you, don’t float my boat. Pun intended.

I feel like you pick the oddest damn games. Is there a specific genre or old game you love that our little brain trust here can help you with a proper recommendation?
Eight Bit Alien

Vernon likes Metroid, the original Goldeneye, and double penetration.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

i just dont know how to video game is all. this game was super cool at first now its getting old fast. and james definitely knows what i like!
formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien

Vernon did own a Nintendo wii
Vernon didn't like the 007 for wii

I remember certain things

I sent vernon a zip file of like 40 snes roms sometime during the 2nd Bush administration
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

What does the Vern play on? Xboxers, Playing on Stations 8, Apple iMac, Ngage? Lynux? Does Vern Lynux?
Eight Bit Alien

Tiger R-Zone
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

hyper light drifter!
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:54 pm hyper light drifter!
My best friend’s wife’s ex-husband made that game.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

ps5. and ive been meaning to get hyper light drifter. i did beat and enjoy axion verge and i have part 2 downloaded i just keep forgetting about it. all i know is that fucking robocop game cant get released soon enough
formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien

That fucking robocop game really cuts a good trailer, jesus christ. I hope the experience lives up to my hype level. I was kinda thinking how odd it would be to play as robocop, because he moves so slowly.

Axiom Verge 2 was a little meh imo, i only got about 2 hours into it. I won't spoil anything but the VIBE was kinda off, which was my favorite part of the original.