The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Alright that fucking rules. Respect.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

PS1 had vibrating controllers? Really can’t remember. I should see if the Duckstation emulator does that. I know Dolphin does.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I think the og ps1 controllers were impotent but the dualshock pads vibrated. Pretty sure the n64 rumble pak was the first out the gate?
Aside from PC force feedback stuff ofc.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Do you guys seriously mean to tell me you don't remember Psycho Mantis telling you to put the controller down and then making it move across the floor with his mind?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:36 am Do you guys seriously mean to tell me you don't remember Psycho Mantis telling you to put the controller down and then making it move across the floor with his mind?
I never owned a PS1, I mostly played NHL on my roommate’s. I did beat Metal Gear Solid twice on it, but I honestly don’t recall that. I’m actually more familiar with the PC version and Gamecube’s Twin Snakes. And I don’t think either have that dialogue. Maybe I’ll play it on the Duckstation.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:36 am Do you guys seriously mean to tell me you don't remember Psycho Mantis telling you to put the controller down and then making it move across the floor with his mind?
Unplug your controller and plug it in the other port.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:16 pm I played a text-based online RPG in the 90s. Multi-user dungeon.

Found the code online and got the program running on my PC. Running my own server!!! Literally haven't thought about anything else for like 72 hours.

If i can get this thing more stable and fun ill post the link here soon. I fucking LOVE this bullshit.
I spent so many hours in those before discovering this place, which is my preferred dungeon.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

You're a real ass dude, G.H.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Do you happen to remember what any of them were called? Mine just vanished one day but I've learned since then that it was a DIKUMUD MERC codebase, so now I refuse to learn about any other kind

I am going to have my own DIKUMUD MERC
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

played a lot of usurper and legend of the red dragon but played a metric fuck ton of trade wars

trade wars was incredble

for a few months there i might have had a little bit of a world of warcraft type of disease being obsessed with beating the shit out of everyone on the server in trade wars
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Krieg wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:53 am
Unplug your controller and plug it in the other port.
YES.

MGS was the last videogame I really loved before I stopped playing pretty much anything until 2009, and I've probably got way more hours in the Mass Effect trilogy and plenty of other stuff I've played since 2009, but I'll never forget how mind-blowing MGS was that first time through, and it'll forever be right up there on my nostalgia meter along with all those Sega Mega Drive games that ruined my social skills forever.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

FVBTVS wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:26 am played a lot of usurper and legend of the red dragon but played a metric fuck ton of trade wars

trade wars was incredble

for a few months there i might have had a little bit of a world of warcraft type of disease being obsessed with beating the shit out of everyone on the server in trade wars
I've heard of all these but i never played any of em. The big ones with huge player bases and 24/7 heavily involved mods intimidated me, because i was scared of doing something wrong. Keep in mind i was 12 here....
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Last of Us PC port is supposedly something else, man. And by something else, I mean something other than good.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Those mother fucking cocksucking piece of shit Ninja Gaiden (XBOX Era) games are on sale & I bought them and I WILL use one sort of cheat or another and beat these assholes once & for all. They’re ridonculous, man. Fucking ridonculous. Revenge will be mine.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i did the same thing at one point but I just couldn't do it anymore. they'd need to be completely overhauled to feel playable to my brain now. the controls, the camera, everything
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:11 pm i did the same thing at one point but I just couldn't do it anymore. they'd need to be completely overhauled to feel playable to my brain now. the controls, the camera, everything
The controls aren’t bad, but the fixed camera angle when entering a new room is brutal. I know this because I dicked around with 1 for a bit. Oddly, it’s a touch easier than my memory claims. Maybe because this is the Sigma Black version vs when I played it on OG Xbox.

If tweaked some, Shadow of the Tomb Raider could be a goddamn nightmare fueled horror game. Claustrophobic spelunking and even more claustrophobic underwater parts with vile aquatic things and cannibal cave dwellers. Like the Descent, Bone Tomahawk, and some shark movie mixed together. Make it first person. I know there are some games sort of like this, but they all have dumbass resource collecting/base building nonsense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Well, I've decided now's the time I finally have to finish Elden Ring. I'm pretty much just following the Fextralife walkthrough because as we've previously established, "exploration" can go choke on a cock. I totally understand why everyone loves this game so much, but it's just not working for me. I beat Radahn today and had maybe half an hour descending into Nokron where I thought maybe I do like this game after all, but then I wandered too far off the beaten path, ended up back in Sofria and had to look at the walkthrough again to figure out wtf just happened, and now... I guess I'm going to run around aimlessly trying to find those other two flames I'm supposed to light. Sigh.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:14 pm Well, I've decided now's the time I finally have to finish Elden Ring. I'm pretty much just following the Fextralife walkthrough because as we've previously established, "exploration" can go choke on a cock. I totally understand why everyone loves this game so much, but it's just not working for me. I beat Radahn today and had maybe half an hour descending into Nokron where I thought maybe I do like this game after all, but then I wandered too far off the beaten path, ended up back in Sofria and had to look at the walkthrough again to figure out wtf just happened, and now... I guess I'm going to run around aimlessly trying to find those other two flames I'm supposed to light. Sigh.
That torch lighting part was garbage. It reminded me of almost the same thing for the same looking area from Skyrim’s Vampire DLC. And it happens again later. Worst part of the game outside the usual walkthrough poison/lava all the Souls games force.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

especually when you're getting lee harvey oswald'd in the ass by those archer bros :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

First Person Elden Ring mod with mighty boot kick…

Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back in.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Greatest game of all time
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

If that first person suplex was in VR, I’d friggin’ puke.

And if I was to play that, I’m cheating some how. But dragon fights have got to rule.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Tomb Raider. Be playing RE4 Remake now..

Holy fuck intro village is BRUTAL! Way harder than original. Damn!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I actually installed RE5 on my PC because the stuff I've been seeing about the RE4 remake reminded me how I went full-blown autism with 5 in 2009 when I got my PS3. It's a pretty weird game to play now. I sort of remember why I liked it, but jeezus is it clunky.

It also helped back then that I'd never played 4 because I skipped over the PS2.