The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by spacehamster »

The new Ratchet & Clank game is indeed a Ratchet & Clank game, and this is good.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

It is great.

I had fun with Dying Light 2 but it was buggy as fuck in the last 1/3rd of the game.

Forbidden West is bloody gorgeous
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:11 pm
I've got too damn many games at the moment... I preordered and installed this, but I think I'm saving it for after Elden Ring.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:34 am that Terranigma game felt pretty boring. I'm not sure if I just didn't get far enough in, but it seemed like the same simple gameplay loop over and over. The graphics really were incredible though, pretty cool to look at.
Yeah that was exactly how I felt when I played it. No idea ho wit could garner those excellent scores it got upon release (I think?).
The Bill wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:21 pm I had been very slowly playing through Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts (Snes) since Halloween. Finally beat it. Or so I thought. It does that bullshit “now replay it with this weapon for the real ending” the first game had.

I HATE Super Ghouls n’ Ghosts!
:lol: :lol: yeah, that piece of shit... at least you get a true boss when you beat the game again. That boss is so hard that I could only beat it with the Action Replay, which gave me unlimited armour.

Re: already patched games, I can send you Mystical Ninja/ Goemon 2 to 4 roms with an English language patch already applied, if you want to. They're fantastic games.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:25 am

Re: already patched games, I can send you Mystical Ninja/ Goemon 2 to 4 roms with an English language patch already applied, if you want to. They're fantastic games.
Thanks, but Mystical Ninja isn’t on my radar and I’ve got so much shit I need to play before death. I’m actually just try to patch Super Castlevania IV to get blood effects back in that were censored off the North American versions. Can’t find a site, and when I try to patch it myself it doesn’t work.

Kids were watching a South Park rerun and there’s Red Dead 2 and now I want to replay that after Witcher 3. I have issues.
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

hey man just download this http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/

then put this program, the patch, and the rom in the same folder.... run the program, select the patch. Should 'just work'

maybe you're having trouble with an incompatible patch file format, but its probably just whatever program you tried to use sucks (or was developed to run on Amiga 1992 Linux and nerds just expect you to know that)
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien

also heres a bunch of pre-patched games (this site rules)

https://cdromance.com/snes-rom/?filter_genre=hack
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:warrior:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

L O B S T E R
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien

ya know I wasn't so sure about that, until I saw that you can get stabbed by a lobster. Now I get the hype
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

it looks like they reimagined what dark souls 2 should have been and then did a truckload of speed lsd mescaline :tup2:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

I've been fighting powerful urges to buy one of those 1up Arcade cabinets. Hard to justify spending hundreds of dollars on nostalgia furniture.

I got into Vampire Survivors recently and started up another playthrough of Mad Max. Also contemplating going for Cyberpunk while it's $25. Seems like it might be worth it for the PS5 at this point.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:46 pm
doomeddisciple wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:11 pm
I've got too damn many games at the moment... I preordered and installed this, but I think I'm saving it for after Elden Ring.
I’m going to be torn on Friday. I really want to get into Sifu as well
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Hunter wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:12 pm I've been fighting powerful urges to buy one of those 1up Arcade cabinets. Hard to justify spending hundreds of dollars on nostalgia furniture.
Don't do it, man. Basically, they're pieces of shit. When you get one for a hundred bucks tops, you might start considering it.

The Bill wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:18 am
I’m actually just try to patch Super Castlevania IV to get blood effects back in that were censored off the North American versions.
Why don't you just play the Japanese rom? There's only some Japanese text in the beginning, and it simply says a hundred years are over, Dracula's back, go kick his ass.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i'm not usually a reviews type person but holy fuck the reviews for elden ring are very good
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:05 am i'm not usually a reviews type person but holy fuck the reviews for elden ring are very good
I got it on PC first and it was literally unplayable. Framerate so low it moved in slow motion, black squares flickering all over the screen, and when I tried to walk out of the room you start the game in I got booted out because the framerate was too low for online.

What's funny is, I've bought every FS game since Demon's Souls on Playstation first, platinumed it and then moved on to the PC version, only to find that I wished I'd done my first playthrough on there because of the better framerate (well, DS2/3 and Sekiro, anyway). This time I decided to start with what I thought was going to be the superior version, only for this to happen.

Bought it on PS5 now and I'll get the Steam version refunded. It just really pisses me off because I just spent what will likely have been my last free afternoon until April trying to get this broken piece of shit to work. I'm an adult, I don't have time for this shit.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I also made a pretty polite post about this on r/Eldenring and it got removed within less than an hour. Wow.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

wandered around for about an hour. i was about a quarter mile from the starting location and found a ruin, cleared it of monster, found a stair, descended, found a chest, opened it. a hand of fog lept out and me and teleported me to The Worst Fucking Place Ever :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:49 am also heres a bunch of pre-patched games (this site rules)

If only you had big titties I’d kiss you. I’ve been to that site, but never scrolled that half centimeter more to see there were Rom links under the patch links. Yoshi’s Island without that damned crying. Sold!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ok, so turns out the graphical issue on PC is caused by the game running off the onboard GPU by default in some cases. Fixed that, but in the meantime I'd already bought the PS5 version, and it actually runs better than on PC, so... I'm playing that one. So far, I've determined that this is clearly a Souls game, and I have been killed by a guy on a horse. Yep.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The Bill wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:41 am
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:49 am also heres a bunch of pre-patched games (this site rules)

If only you had big titties I’d kiss you. I’ve been to that site, but never scrolled that half centimeter more to see there were Rom links under the patch links. Yoshi’s Island without that damned crying. Sold!
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien

Yea that thing is gonna be an emulation beast for years to come, if enough people buy it.
I don't know how good all those emulators will be, given that they'll be some odd Linux ports - I'd assume that it'd be very case-by-case?

Stuff like Yuzu and Dolphin don't really run properly on any portable platform, afaik.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

ive played about four hours just sorta sightseeing and wandering around on foot without progressing too much. i feel like this game is better than any dark souls game in every way i can conceive of. its delivering more concretely on the dreams that those games had. everything just has room to breath and feel like it belongs. the fact that you can simply give things a little space and a little respect you get a little respect back so you dont have to bash your head up against every new asshole contender it throws your way. its revolutionary for these games!

just the fact that i bought a torch and the light mechanics are what they promised would be implemented in ds2 brings a little tear to my eye
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:25 pm just the fact that i bought a torch and the light mechanics are what they promised would be implemented in ds2 brings a little tear to my eye
I guess I should go back to that dude who looks like the Grinch stole Santa's outfit and buy the torch then.

I'm still at that awkward stage where I feel like I don't understand anything and I'm mostly just running away from enemies I have no way of beating, but it's fine. I've always enjoyed that part of starting one of these games, and I like how, despite the intrusive explanation popups in the inventory and store screens, this game still does the whole thing where it gives you two sentences of lore that you don't understand and then just sends you on your way.

Coming straight from the Demon's Souls remake to this, though, I'm not as excited as you are about the open world. The single most underappreciated aspect of DeS for me was always the purposeful level design, and I feel like these games lost that more and more as time progressed.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oh yeah, well, I can confirm that Bram Stroker’s Dracula for the SNES is god awful!!!