The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:04 am
THE KILL wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:11 am
spacehamster wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:41 am
Also, has any of you played that new Necromunda FPS? I fucking love the WH40K and I wouldn't mind playing a Doom-clone in it...
I really tried, but I didn't like it. It looks great and certainly feels like 40K, but it's janky and confusing and I just gave up after a while. You want a 40K shooter, get Space Marine.
Right, thanks for your impressions. Re: Necromunda, is it just old-fashioned or a legitimately mediocre game? Does it help that the last FPS I played for more than a minute was Unreal Tournament? I have no idea how the genre changed in the last twenty years...
Here’s another game I got cheap off Steam, thinking I scored a hidden gem, but only found a turd. What the fuck ever happened to health packs…. or even regenerating health? This kill an enemy in a specific way only to get a bunch of shit explode out of them like a cartoon is the worst thing to happen to FPSers. Followed by, stay in this bouncy castle room until cleared. I miss linear corridors. I did like DOOM 2016, but feel like I might never want to revisit it and curse it for starting this “arena shooter trend”. So, no, Necromunda is neither old fashion nor a mediocre FPSer. It’s a crappy modern arena shooter. There’s no correlation to Unreal Tournament outside of maybe playing in a 1-on-1 or 2-on-2 map with jump pads. It’s a Doom 2016 clone may-haps, but not a DOOM clone.
Oof. Damn. Ok, I can see it's not a game for me... or anybody else, it seems.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:07 am
Oof. Damn. Ok, I can see it's not a game for me... or anybody else, it seems.
You’re dealing with the PS4, right? Google “boomer shooters ps4” and if anything praks your interest ask me here. I’m pretty on top of that lately.

I think I’ll do Resident Evil 0 Remaster. Was going emulate the Gamecube version because save states, but screw it.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I gotta say I'm struggling with the Fire Giant in Elden Ring way more than Radhan
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Tried Apex Legends yesterday because I did like Titanfall 2 and actually played Overwatch quite a bit for someone who doesn't generally play MP shooters. Got to the end of the first match. I don't understand a fucking thing that's happened. I feel old. Back to Elden Ring.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Anyone get Kirby yet?
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

abdominalpillaging wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:37 pm Anyone get Kirby yet?
Shit! I promised that for the boy for his birthday. Didn’t even know it was out yet.

Back from a destination wedding in the Dominican Republic. While there I took part in a conversation with some dudes I don’t know that well about Resident Evil. It was obvious they only played the original PS1 ones and there getting 1, 2, and 3 all mixed up. It also made me realize I should finally beat 1, even if it is the Remastered HD Steam version, damnit.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Here’s something random. Beat Salamander (aka Lifeforce) the arcade version. There’s a Salamander collection that was Japan only for the PS1. Contained Salamander arcade, NES version, and Salamander 2. Shit was brutal, a real quarter eater.

I’ll probably beat RE1 for the first time ever soonish. How do motherfuckers speed run this? Shit’s laid our like an identical labyrinth. Ran around in circles like a damn fool.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Meanwhile, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 1 on PC while I'm slowly chipping away at Elden Ring. It's really kind of shocking how well this game holds up, at least so far. I thought I'd hate it because of the fixed camera, but it's actually really fun, and I forgot how good the music was.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:04 pm Here’s something random. Beat Salamander (aka Lifeforce) the arcade version.
:shock:

RESPEC' KNUCKLES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:57 am Meanwhile, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 1 on PC while I'm slowly chipping away at Elden Ring. It's really kind of shocking how well this game holds up, at least so far. I thought I'd hate it because of the fixed camera, but it's actually really fun, and I forgot how good the music was.
The PC version is lacking things, especially in the audio department. Duckstation emulator with PS1 rom/iso is the way to go. I did a side by side with that and the GOG’s version. Not saying it’s night and day, but the emulators tricks & 4K are a winner.

THE KILL wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:36 am
The Bill wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:04 pm Here’s something random. Beat Salamander (aka Lifeforce) the arcade version.

RESPEC' KNUCKLES
I’m getting too old for that shit.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:59 pm

RESPEC' KNUCKLES
When I was a kid I was tenacious as hell, but nowadays I quickly lose all hope whenever I die a couple of times. It's actually embarrassing how quickly I give up...
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:33 am

RESPEC' KNUCKLES
When I was a kid I was tenacious as hell, but nowadays I quickly lose all hope whenever I die a couple of times. It's actually embarrassing how quickly I give up...
It’s probably better for you that way. I remember blowing my fucking fuse big time playing Bloodborn and I felt sickly after. I try not to let games get to me. So, in the case of emulated games I can save state and walk away. New hard games without difficulty settings, I’m tending to stay away from. That DOOM Eternal pissed me off pretty bad as well. I won’t get the DLC because of that. That and I hate most things about it. It’s not 90, it’s a shitty 1990’s Image comic book.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:40 am

RESPEC' KNUCKLES
It’s probably better for you that way. I remember blowing my fucking fuse big time playing Bloodborn and I felt sickly after. I try not to let games get to me. So, in the case of emulated games I can save state and walk away. New hard games without difficulty settings, I’m tending to stay away from. That DOOM Eternal pissed me off pretty bad as well. I won’t get the DLC because of that. That and I hate most things about it. It’s not real DOOM, it’s a shitty 1990’s Image comic book.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Speaking as someone who loved the shit out of Doom Eternal, if you didn't like that one because it stressed you out, stay the hell away from the DLC. I really felt like some of that was just hard for the sake of being hard.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:04 am I really felt like some of that was just hard for the sake of being hard.
Can’t stand that anymore. If you want to be a dick to the player stick it in your ultra or nightmare difficulty settings.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:40 am
It’s probably better for you that way. I remember blowing my fucking fuse big time playing Bloodborn and I felt sickly after. I try not to let games get to me. So, in the case of emulated games I can save state and walk away. New hard games without difficulty settings, I’m tending to stay away from. That DOOM Eternal pissed me off pretty bad as well. I won’t get the DLC because of that. That and I hate most things about it. It’s not 90, it’s a shitty 1990’s Image comic book.
Haha. Well, maybe. When I hang out with my oldest friend, we game like we used to when we were kids. Last time we beat Genesis Castlevania, got close to beating Ghouls'n Ghosts etc. That's always amazing fun, but when I play alone, I just can't motivate myself anymore. I also often lose my cool when I'm in a shitty mood and then gamepads tend to fly through the room, which is quite embarrassing behaviour for a 40 year old...
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

STARSCOURGE GENERAL RADAHN, CONQUEROR OF THE STARS

:brokenheart:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:50 am STARSCOURGE GENERAL RADAHN, CONQUEROR OF THE STARS

:brokenheart:
Are you taking about the new Lego Star Wars game? I think I want it :oops:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I had to take a break from Elden Ring, and now I can't find the motivation to get back to it. It's objectively a really good game, obviously, but it's mostly just reminding me why I don't like open world games. I'm not stuck because there's a boss I can't beat, I'm stuck because I don't know where the fuck I'm supposed to go next, and I feel like i'm not progressing.

And because I don't want to start anything new before I beat ER, I'm playing through Killzone 2 on the PS3 for the umpty-kazillionth time.

Sigh.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Beat Resident Evil 1 & 0. Boy oh boy, is Zero ever the definition of unnecessary prequel. Also, it gets stupid anime-ish at times. The older I get the more I can’t stand this shit. I don’t know, it’s not bad, just kind of there.

I need a break from the survival horror. May want to replay Bats Arkham Asylum.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

An Atgames Legends Pro arcade controller should be arriving today - complete with pinball flipper buttons and a track ball. I was skeptical at first, considering it's $99 (on sale - frequently), wireless, and has 150 games built in... but then I saw people loading it up with ROMs via CoinOpsX. There's a full package of 1900+ arcade games on internet archive which needs some minor fiddling to get set up - but I've done all that ahead of time. Ready to dust off long dormant parts of my brain, and try to recall muscle memory from a time when I stood on milk crates to reach the controls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hunter wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:24 am An Atgames Legends Pro arcade controller should be arriving today - complete with pinball flipper buttons and a track ball. I was skeptical at first, considering it's $99 (on sale - frequently), wireless, and has 150 games built in... but then I saw people loading it up with ROMs via CoinOpsX. There's a full package of 1900+ arcade games on internet archive which needs some minor fiddling to get set up - but I've done all that ahead of time. Ready to dust off long dormant parts of my brain, and try to recall muscle memory from a time when I stood on milk crates to reach the controls.
Does it have that turny joystick that lets you play games like Ikari Warriors or Heavy Barrel?
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Untitled goose game absolutely rules. I mean it's the most frustrating thing ever but it's also so great. Worth the 20 it's selling at
formerly ghost boner
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Anyone on here play any Osu!

It's weeb as fuck, but it's still a lot of fun if you like rhythm games.
i like to dissect women
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Suffering, a solid horror-esque 1st and/or third person shooter from the PS2/Xbox era. 2 bucks on GOG. Had to do it.