The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I think brutal doom might be the best video game possible
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:57 pm I think brutal doom might be the best video game possible
It’s biggest fault is that sometimes there is so much blood everywhere that it covers the wall switches :lol:
Eight Bit Alien

Like marilyn monroe's mole.

Did you ever see the level (doom 2 i think) where its a big city and you get every weapon, and you toggle switches to spawn every monster you want to fight, and you can fly helicopters and mechwarriors and a motorcycle??

I think it comes with brutal doom by default but you dont enter it through normal game progression
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:22 pm Like marilyn monroe's mole.

Did you ever see the level (doom 2 i think) where its a big city and you get every weapon, and you toggle switches to spawn every monster you want to fight, and you can fly helicopters and mechwarriors and a motorcycle??

I think it comes with brutal doom by default but you dont enter it through normal game progression
I’d rather a woman have blood on her face than a mole. So, another reason I find the new Lara Croft hot :oops:

Brutal Doom comes with the creator’s custom level adventure pack, that has new enemies and other new stuff. I played a good chunk of it YEARS ago. I stopped because ??? I do remember he had no problem throwing Cyberdemons and Archviles at you and maybe I had enough of that stress. I think he added at least a mech.

And going back to Tomb Raider again. I tried playing the first first one on the PS1 emulator. I just can’t deal with pre-dual analog stick 3D shooter controls. Makes tank controls seem like a dream. I may try out that second trilogy this year. Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld I do believe they are called.
Eight Bit Alien

The Bill wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:00 pm

Brutal Doom comes with the creator’s custom level adventure pack, that has new enemies and other new stuff. I played a good chunk of it YEARS ago. I stopped because ??? I do remember he had no problem throwing Cyberdemons and Archviles at you and maybe I had enough of that stress. I think he added at least a mech.
I don't think i even knew this. I get so confused with brutal doom shit, i never have a good understanding of what I've already downloaded vs whats available. I guess the websites that host this stuff confuse me.

When i first downloaded it, i wound up playing a customized version of doom 2 with crazy new tricks in the levels... like traps and surprise-monsters. More recently when I started playing again all that shit was missing, so i guess im a retard with my brain hanging out of my skull through a hole

And yeah body fluid is better than boring freckles
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Why? Why did I buy COD: Cold War and Modern Warfare reboot off Steam today? Yes, they were both on sale because they finally came to Steam. But! But, what am I doing buying Call of Duty games in 2023. Please note, I only play these for the single player campaigns. I think there’s like 4 other COD games I own and never beat.

I’m still very slowly getting through the They Hunger trilogy mod for original Half-Life. I started it back in June. When I finish that I’ll look back into brutal DOOM. Oh, and if anyone likes the blood but not the gameplay changes Brutal DOOM implements this shit should work with many mods & vanilla DOOM 1 & 2:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... re-mod-v20
Eight Bit Alien

I always wanted to play They Hunger. Back when that came out there were almost zero romero-esque zombie games hahahah
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:45 pm I always wanted to play They Hunger. Back when that came out there were almost zero romero-esque zombie games hahahah
For the time it was pretty damn good, especially being it was pretty damn free. I’d actually keep track of up and coming Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, and whatever other games that has a proper modding community’s mods. Wonder why I never paid attention to DOOM’s. Hmm? Anyway, it seemed once a week there was a brand new Half-Life “game” I got to play. They Hunger has aged poorly, of course. I mean, other than being Half-Life, which in and of itself is still a great thing.

I shouldn’t have, but I installed Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. I never even heard of this one. Yet, so far this might be the best one. It can always take a nose dive, but I dig this one for the first few chapters. And my God, what a magnificent shotgun it has. I have no intention of this being the game to play now. I will finish Womb Raider, but its calling me to play more.
Eight Bit Alien

I have a windows 98 pc in the workshop. Im thinking about finding and installing that 1998 Nude Raider mod and showing Lara's bush to some neighborhood kids
Eight Bit Alien

LAURA BUSH
Eight Bit Alien

Been checking out doom mods on YouTube. This one is near the top of my list. Was laughing just listening to the description
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Grezzo 2 :tup:

My favorite part is the health restore being a 40 of OE800 and chopping off your arm and throwing it like a grenade.

I hardly ever play video games anymore, I’m curious about Cruelty Squad

Ill body
/
Ill will
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:39 pm

Been checking out doom mods on YouTube. This one is near the top of my list. Was laughing just listening to the description
this makes me feel so proud and patriotic for some strange reason. doom should be as integral to the american identity and heritage as the creation of jazz :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is pretty fucking fun. The gameplay is a little rote, but the vibe and looks are right up my alley. I sure wish it didn't feel nowadays cringe to say this, but killing nazis is the greatest fucking thing anyone could possibly do. Sci fi magic nazi shit might be my favorite stuff to look at.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:07 am
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:39 pm

this makes me feel so proud and patriotic for some strange reason. doom should be as integral to the american identity and heritage as the creation of jazz :lol:
Absolutely. The invention of video games is one of the great cultural feats of the US, and I'm not even kidding here. (Uneducated) people in Europe sometimes enjoy voicing their antiamericanism by saying that the US doesn't have any culture worth speaking of. Americans invented video games and comics, among else. It doesn't get that much more impressive.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Eight Bit Alien

Also the lightbulb, television, the internet, electric refrigeration, and arguably nuclear energy. Mark Twain, Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, Ernest Hemingway, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, jazz, rock n roll, modern constitutional democracy...

But yeah batman and pong too :lol:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Speaking of America, went down a random Youtube rabbit hole, found this game, grabbed the sonovabitch PS1 rom, and played the first 2 levels. It’s both wonderfully terrible & pretty decent at the same time :lol:

Eight Bit Alien

That looks pretty fuckin cool. I didn't have a psx growing up so diving through those odd little titles for the system is always neat.
Eight Bit Alien

Hey THE KILL, what are some good arcade games? I got a giant torrent of current FBAlpha romsets, and there's 8000 of these fucking things to weed through. I'm already a CAVE enthusiast; I know that's an area of interest for you, but I was curious what else you'd recommend.

also everyone else is allowed to answer too

THANKS IN ADVANCE, I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:28 pm Hey THE KILL, what are some good arcade games? I got a giant torrent of current FBAlpha romsets, and there's 8000 of these fucking things to weed through. I'm already a CAVE enthusiast; I know that's an area of interest for you, but I was curious what else you'd recommend.

also everyone else is allowed to answer too

THANKS IN ADVANCE, I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU
G.I. Joe arcade game fucking rules hard. Pisses me off it was never ported to the consoles back in the day.

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:35 am Also the lightbulb, television, the internet, electric refrigeration, and arguably nuclear energy. Mark Twain, Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, Ernest Hemingway, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, jazz, rock n roll, modern constitutional democracy...

Wasn't talking about technology really (obviously the US has been a powerhouse in that regard) and more about culture, but yeah the two things overlap. Reducing two media to one individual character and a single example of a rather primitive game is pretty dumb, though. Also, presidential democracies are dumb, too.

Re: arcade games, I have a couple of niches/ genres that I enjoy, outside of that I'm rather ignorant I'm afraid... I like the classics (Galaga, Donkey Kong 1-3, maze games - wait here's a bit of a hidden gem: check out Lady Bug, it's a lot better and more dynamic/ requires more on the fly thinking than Pacman), belt scrollers (all of Capcom's CPS1 and CPS2 games are awesome, but I like Battle Circuit and Armored Warriors best), and run'n guns (apart from the obvious Metal Slug 1-3 (go straight to Metal Slug X instead of 2, that has some serious slowdown. I'm not bothered by it, but most people seem to be) check out Demon Front; it runs on a still a bit unknown Taiwanese arcade platform called the PGM, which is similar to, but a bit more powerful than the Neo Geo. The PGM also has a couple of really cool belt scrollers like The Gladiator/ Road of the Sword and Knights of Valour 1 + 2.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:07 am
check out Lady Bug

CPS1 and CPS2 games are awesome, but I like Battle Circuit and Armored Warriors best)

Metal Slug 1-3 (go straight to Metal Slug X instead of 2, that has some serious slowdown.
I had Lady Bug on the Colleco. It was pretty good, never saw an arcade version.

The Punisher is my favorite CPS1/2 game, and it’s never included on any compilations Capcom sells.

The found a rom for the PS2 that has most Metal Slug games plus a bunch more Neo-Geo games. I find this version emulates very well, better than the pay for 360 & Steam versions. The rom is on the site you linked me to for SNES games hacks about a year ago.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:17 am
Lady Bug on the Colleco. It was pretty good, never saw an arcade version.
Just checked it out on youtube, it's really close to the arcade version! I've never seen a Colecovision in real life, guess they weren't popular in Germany (although apparently there was an official version which even had Donkey Kong as a pack-in game). Same for the Vectrex :(

The Punisher is my favorite CPS1/2 game, and it’s never included on any compilations Capcom sells.
Probably a problem with the license? I only ever credit-fed The Punisher and his HOLODRIOOO when he dies is pretty fucking annoying. Still it's a great brawler... have you played Night Slashers?

The found a rom for the PS2 that has most Metal Slug games plus a bunch more Neo-Geo games. I find this version emulates very well, better than the pay for 360 & Steam versions. The rom is on the site you linked me to for SNES games hacks about a year ago.
I have Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2, it's one of the few games I have for it apart from a stupid amount of Taiko No Tatsujin games. Which I only ever play every couple of years anyway... they're ridiculous fun though
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

This is the rom:

https://cdromance.com/ps2-iso/snk-neo-g ... tion-hack/

I guess it just combos all the SNK/NEO-GEO games into one “disk”. So, it seems Playstation 2 itself had really good ports, and it’s not some fan made thing.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:35 am Also the lightbulb, television, the internet, electric refrigeration, and arguably nuclear energy. Mark Twain, Edgar Allan Poe, Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, Ernest Hemingway, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, jazz, rock n roll, modern constitutional democracy...

Not so fast Jimmy Buffet Fan...
  • lightbulb - invented by a man from Ohio, and you are on record as 100% anti-ohio. can't have it both ways
  • television - invented by a Scot
  • the internet - a relic of the cold war, do you really want those days back?
  • electric refrigeration - Hungarian engineer
  • arguably nuclear energy - nope. mostly germans.
  • Mark Twain - cancelled due to n-word
  • Edgar Allan Poe - this dude hated America and while he was born here he spent most of his youth in England
  • Emily Dickinson - this board decided long ago that there is no good poetry
  • Walt Whitman - see previous entry
  • Ernest Hemingway - the FBI drove him to suicide for his anti-American activities
  • Citizen Kane - Charles Foster Kane was born in the territory of Colorado in 1862/3 - many years before it was admitted as a state into the union. not American.
  • Casablanca - written by a guy from Budapest
  • jazz - sorry jazz was invented by Sun Ra who hails from SPACE
  • rock n roll - grindcore only
  • modern constitutional democracy - not for long...
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road