The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:24 am I'm trying to motivate myself to play through the Crysis remaster, but it's... kinda boring? I played one of the console versions of the original back in the day, so I know it gets more interesting towards the end, but this endless slog through trees and bushes and "Korean" soldiers speaking English for no reason except to let you know whether you're still in stealth is just... ugh. It also doesn't run that well, more like they slapped on ray tracing, and now it's too demanding again.
I'm actually a fan of the series, but I got into it with Crysis 2, so the supposed "sandbox" aspects of the first game are a bit lost on me. I dunno.
I got the Crysis 1 remaster awhile back. It’s frame rate is brutally erratic. I bought it because it had Crysis 2’s controller options which are far superior to the original’s. I tried the original PC version various times but mouse and keyboard is awful with how it handled suit power switching. Plus, vsync is a mess and I can never not have screen tearing. I finally beat it via the Xbox 360 version and I was underwhelmed. I guess I thought a far prettier PC version would change my mind years later, but no. It really is just an eye candy tech demo and probably should just be remembered for the whole “Can it play Crysis” moniker it carried.

I think you can change the enemy language in settings, though.

I tried Super Metriod along with some other games and I’ve lost interest in all of them. I get into these video game funks from time to time. Usually between seasons (Summer to Autumn, in this case). No idea why, and I haven’t had it in a few years, but this one seems extra bad. I just need something random to snap me out of it and then I can consider Metriod once again.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:46 am I bought it because it had Crysis 2’s controller options which are far superior to the original’s. I tried the original PC version various times but mouse and keyboard is awful with how it handled suit power switching.
Yeah, same here. I was really looking forward to playing it with pretty graphics and better controls, but it's just... dull. I remember when the second one came out, all the elitists complained about it supposedly being "dumbed down" because the levels were more linear and the graphics were "nerfed", but in reality it was just a more fun campaign because it had an exciting story that wasn't 99% lying on your stomach while Prophet is whispering at you over the radio, and the graphics just didn't have a bunch of bullshit that you barely noticed and made your PC go up in flames.

I might just switch to the Crysis 2 remaster and play that for the 290482038643th time. I went full autism on that game back in the day, and I still listen to the soundtrack in the car sometimes.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I took a shot in the dark based on a Mass Effect vibe I caught from a quick clip I saw by accident. I usually don’t buy games day one, nor full price anymore but I was desperate to me break the game slump. It really was completely reckless and irresponsible to do. But… BUT Guardians of the Galaxy is probably the best new game I’ve played in a damn long time. This shit looks amazing, this shit sounds amazing, this shit runs amazing for such good looking and sounding shit. It plays pretty good, it’s no Vanquish or anything, though. And if you enjoyed the films’ insulting interplay between characters this shit is gold, Jerry, gold. The little details in this thing overflows in abundance.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:23 pm I took a shot in the dark based on a Mass Effect vibe I caught from a quick clip I saw by accident. I usually don’t buy games day one, nor full price anymore but I was desperate to me break the game slump. It really was completely reckless and irresponsible to do. But… BUT Guardians of the Galaxy is probably the best new game I’ve played in a damn long time. This shit looks amazing, this shit sounds amazing, this shit runs amazing for such good looking and sounding shit. It plays pretty good, it’s no Vanquish or anything, though. And if you enjoyed the films’ insulting interplay between characters this shit is gold, Jerry, gold. The little details in this thing overflows in abundance.
And Iron Maiden is part of the soundtrack!
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I just might get that guardians jawn. Im not really in the mood for that right now but it looks good.

Think im gonna jump on this Halloween steam sale tho, and get that Friday the 13th shit finally.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:35 pm I just might get that guardians jawn. Im not really in the mood for that right now but it looks good.

Think im gonna jump on this Halloween steam sale tho, and get that Friday the 13th shit finally.
Guardians is quite impressive in terms of character interaction, but if you’re going to Friday the 13th, you better proclaim random things “This is Great”, and rock Alice Cooper.

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

You got it boss
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

I'm on Kraid on dread. This is fucking impossible. Why is this game so fucking hard
formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

idk bro pretty much fuck that game imho tbhqh
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:23 pm I took a shot in the dark based on a Mass Effect vibe I caught from a quick clip I saw by accident. I usually don’t buy games day one, nor full price anymore but I was desperate to me break the game slump. It really was completely reckless and irresponsible to do. But… BUT Guardians of the Galaxy is probably the best new game I’ve played in a damn long time. This shit looks amazing, this shit sounds amazing, this shit runs amazing for such good looking and sounding shit. It plays pretty good, it’s no Vanquish or anything, though. And if you enjoyed the films’ insulting interplay between characters this shit is gold, Jerry, gold. The little details in this thing overflows in abundance.
I dunno, man, I got this on a whim and because you talked it up, and so far all I'm doing is walking around a bunch of pink goop listening to "witty banter" and shooting at green balls.

It does look and run freaking great and like the characters and the setting, but, uh does this ever actually get fun?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:52 am
I dunno, man, I got this on a whim and because you talked it up, and so far all I'm doing is walking around a bunch of pink goop listening to "witty banter" and shooting at green balls.

It does look and run freaking great and like the characters and the setting, but, uh does this ever actually get fun?
I dig it and find it funny. There is a decent variety of monsters, although the “ human “ fodder you’ll face is a bit of a chore until you level up things. Simple to use combo moves and special musical moments are where it’s at. Okay, the combat isn’t Platinum games or Contra or anything kick ass, especially in the beginning. There’s just something about the whole package I’m really fond of. And for a licensed game, I’m shocked I’m this into it.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

THE FOREST
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:13 pm THE FOREST
I own that. I must have bought that a very long time ago, dirt cheap, when it was early access. Does it actually have an ending? Since it has base building and crafting and survival bars I fear I may never play it. It did have a nice 2K horror movie vibe. Like the Decent or some such.

Guardian’s strength is truly in its banter and such. Combat is feeling redundant and too chaotic now. Still the story, graphics, and Gamora’s fat ass pushes my forward.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Completely re-obsessed with Skyrim, AGAIN!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Three guys walk into a bar

You’d think one of them would have seen it
Ill body
/
Ill will
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Drunk I assume? Also I have no idea why people are freaking out over the gta trilogy remaster. Looks fine to me
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

ghost boner wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:48 pm Drunk I assume? Also I have no idea why people are freaking out over the gta trilogy remaster. Looks fine to me
I don’t know, man. Of what I’ve seen & heard, sounds like the whole thing is a dumpster fire. Another Cyberpunk 2077 or Fallout ‘76, if you will. I actually thought about getting it, but then I learned that they lied about adding the GTA 5 controls. Thing also has missing music and censored content, this is no definitive anything.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:what:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

riley-o wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:49 pmI beat Mega Man 2, Super Star Wars, and got 1st place in Tetris 99 yesterday.

I’m the realest fuckin G in the game and nothing changes that. Not global pandemic, not quarantine, not nothin.
I played a bit of Tetris 99 for the first time, and ... holy shit

what a day! March 20, 2020
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

The Bill wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:01 am
ghost boner wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:48 pm Drunk I assume? Also I have no idea why people are freaking out over the gta trilogy remaster. Looks fine to me
I don’t know, man. Of what I’ve seen & heard, sounds like the whole thing is a dumpster fire. Another Cyberpunk 2077 or Fallout ‘76, if you will. I actually thought about getting it, but then I learned that they lied about adding the GTA 5 controls. Thing also has missing music and censored content, this is no definitive anything.

i was not too far into playing when i posted that and since have gotten kinda deep into vice city and i gotta say, its janky as hell but that game was always janky? it has the new controls as well. really digging it!
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Jesus! I’m so obsessed with Skyrim again that I don’t mind that it crashed & frozen about a dozen times today. I had to straight up restart the PC each and every time. It’s probably mod related but I don’t care. As long as nothing major “breaks” I’m going to try and beat each and every quest that pops up, be it vanilla, dlc, mod, or anniversary related. And I’ll marry that vampire piece Serana to boot.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Posting mostly just to break up Chad’s stupid fucking crap.

Also, to let you all know there is a mod that adds stubble and wetness to Lara Croft’s arm pits.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Finally dug up that first Spider-Man game for PS4 again. I played this briefly in 2019 when I had a bit too much of a buzz going on and then dropped it because I didn't like it in that state of mind, but as it turns out, it actually is as good as everyone said. I mean, it's basically an Arkham game with Spidey in it, but some of the mechanics they, um, "borrowed" actually make more sense here.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:21 am Finally dug up that first Spider-Man game for PS4 again. I played this briefly in 2019 when I had a bit too much of a buzz going on and then dropped it because I didn't like it in that state of mind, but as it turns out, it actually is as good as everyone said. I mean, it's basically an Arkham game with Spidey in it, but some of the mechanics they, um, "borrowed" actually make more sense here.
That was one of the better Sony exclusives. The end was a bit much with all the bad guys all over the play. Crossed the line into Mercenaries/Crackdown territory.

Did as much Skyrim (vanilla & mods) as available. Decided to not try my luck and add anymore nor bother with inane scavenger hunt missions. After 200 plus hours it was starting to get stale. So, the great archmage/king of thieves/vampire killer/assassin/former werewolf sword for hire/gladiator champion/5 time savior of the world/real estate mogul/petty mail man took his former vampire wife and *poof* just vanished with no true epilogue.

Yeah, that and Mass Effect remaster were easily the GOTY , quite sad. I hate to say this, but I think the industry’s forced hiring and firing of certain people just due to “social justice” type ways are eliminating people who actually are good at making games and introducing people just to check off boxes that are just treating this more like just a job. No surprise indie games are looking better and better. For example, I tried to play Halo Infinite. Holy fuck, what an unoptimized, generic bore of a Far Cry clone. New Cortana fucking sucks. I could not get past the third main “level” without falling asleep. It’s just so paint by numbers “safe” in every conceivable way except how it runs, which is a disgrace compared to the graphics.

Finally started Resident Evil Village. It’s good. Some parts are outstanding, but it’s combination of 4 & 7 kind of works against itself. I will say, there’s an area with dolls and shit. Fuck, gave me a goddamn cardiac arrest.