The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by ghost boner »

Jame, per your recommendation I got the evil dead game. I wanted it before but you sold me on it. I didn't realize it's an online game and I hate gaming online. There were some missions but I'm terrible at video games and you can't turn the difficulty level down. I didn't even try the survival thing. Was this just a waste for me or do you think I can get into it?
formerly ghost boner
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Figures
formerly ghost boner
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

this game is brilliant
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:45 pm this game is brilliant
Well, it just is Bats Arkham mixed with Hotline Miami esthetics. That said, it is on my Steam wishlist.

I’m back, gents. And it was hot where I was. So, I’m thinking horror or Halloween type waiz to welcome the Fall…

The Suffering, which I did beat a long time ago on the original XBOX, but let’s play the PC version till it’s inevitable system crashing.

P.S. are there any AAA titles coming out that anyone gives a shit about? That Saint’s Row reboot looks like it was written by a committee of clueless business suits that want to be hip to a demographic they secretly hate, and in turn, was programmed by the same demographic that was hired because of being said demographic and not because they know anything about programming.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Some Boomer Shooter festival is happening on Steam and I downloaded 10 or so free demos for a bunch of them, including System Shock remake. Demo’s, man. Don’t think I’ve seen one since the earlier days of the 360 era. Buddha be praised!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Are these demos or beta builds, because most fucking suck. Boooo!! Thumbs down!!

I also bought the new Monkey Island.
Last edited by The Bill on Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

ghost boner wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:35 pm Jame, per your recommendation I got the evil dead game. I wanted it before but you sold me on it. I didn't realize it's an online game and I hate gaming online. There were some missions but I'm terrible at video games and you can't turn the difficulty level down. I didn't even try the survival thing. Was this just a waste for me or do you think I can get into it?
Im sorry this happened to you. I don't accept any responsibility though, you're not my autistic son, and I didn't hire you to work here. I don't want to get sued over this. I'm sorry if that makes you feel lonely or your dick gets hard.

All that said yeah i think you're screwed. All thise games are basically multiplayer. I hate online gaming too, but I also love the movie so much that it's an ok tradeoff for me.

Im sorry Verno. The solo missions are really your only hope... and yesh they're retarded hard.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

you absolutely are my dad and did hire me to work here
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

ghost boner wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:34 pm you absolutely are my dad and did hire me to work here

I beat Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay AGAIN!!! Slowly getting through The Suffering, it starts out great but later enemies are more annoying than anything else. May start FEAR 3, as I beat 1 & 2 this time last year.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Oh shit! Prodeus is out of early access today. The real sequel to OG Doom 1 & 2. Fucking rules!!!
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I’d not heard of that - thanks!!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Got extra drunk the other day and just arrogantly bought the Playstation Spider-Man for Steam. I don’t know. I liked it enough back when I played it on the PS4, but do I want to play it again?Maybe I’ll use a trainer and become Superior Spider-Man, just fucking up fools with mad gadgets, son.

Also, apparently I’m replaying the original version of the original Bioshock. Shits a lot clunkier then I remember. I’ll see how long this lasts.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I beat that Spider-Man game not long ago and then immediately turned around and platinumed it. I can't remember why, but I did find it very replayable.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I have zero free time these days, but damn my mind keeps coming back to that spiderman game like it's a steak in the fridge that'll expire if I wait too long. I've been waiting a long time for that fucker to show up on PC.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:03 am I have zero free time these days, but damn my mind keeps coming back to that spiderman game like it's a steak in the fridge that'll expire if I wait too long. I've been waiting a long time for that fucker to show up on PC.
Game sucked me in again. I do think the Batman Arkham games are better and it does have straight up modern day Ubisoft bullshit padding but it is quite good and very pretty.

I should probably give up on Bioshock 1.

Spidey is too massive a time sink and Bioshock feels too antiquated compared to these newfangled “Boomer Shooters”. Trenpang 2, Selco, and Agent 64 are guaranteed future purchases. And Prodeus still rules hard when I remember to not play Spidey.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Had to stop Spider-Man… for stupid reasons. Will come back in a year.

Tried my hand at Pumpkin Jack, very PS2 gameplay wise, to a fault. Gave up due to just horrendous combat and boring puzzle levels.

Slowly getting through Prodeus. Eh, the levels are getting too same-y and the monsters all have the same color palette. I’m getting bored.

Was going to play Chasm: The Rift, but I couldn’t get the audio to work. So, refunded.

Days Gone. You know what? Threw some mods at this that might be considered cheats, but I call quality of life improvements and we have a nice underrated game here. Granted, after 20 hours it’s getting a tad redundant.

Dang, man. I’m thinking I’m either in a pretty nasty gaming slump , have developed video gaming specific ADHD, or age is taking away one of my few joys in life.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

They’re finally remaking the Witcher 1. Although, it’s being done by another studio.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

On a 3 dollar whim I bought Vampire Survivors and it saved my video gaming life. Holy heavy addiction, Batman, but one game becomes 4 or 5, with hours passing like minutes.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Started a second Cyberpunk playthrough, and I'm totally hooked. It's pretty pathetic how quickly the story is over if you know what to do and don't futz around much, but I've been at the point where you start the endgame for like a week now and staying up too late just driving around doing gigs and sidequests. With the expansion coming next year, maybe I'll actually clean house and go for 100% completion before it's out, just cuz.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

This has probably been asked a million times but is the game good now that its been fixed?
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

ive played through a few times now. its amazing. the people i know that got it when it came out all agree it sucked then and is fantastic now. play it dawg
formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Im worried that Vernon might intentionally mislead me as revenge for the evil dead mishap

Im sorry its just hard for me to trust these days

Im in a dark period
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Huh. Maybe it’s time.
Time to cyber the punk.
And stuff.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:02 pm This has probably been asked a million times but is the game good now that its been fixed?
Good yes, great not really. The difference is that it works now and so you can actually just enjoy the fantastic art direction and what there is in terms of story, but it's still super short if you just play through the main story, mostly linear, and Keanu's performance sounds painfully phoned in 90% of the time.

But if you wanted to like this because you dig the gaesthetic and you want a story that ticks off basically every genre trope box and lots of cool guns and even cooler cars (the cars might be my favorite thing about this game) and a good number of CDPR's totally worthwhile short sidequests with cool little story vignettes, it's got you covered, and it runs very smoothly now, at least on PC. Can't really comment on the console versions one way or the other, and I did just get a new PC with an RTX 3070 Ti, so YMMV.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:48 pm
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:02 pm This has probably been asked a million times but is the game good now that its been fixed?
I had the game running a 60p and looking good, but I just hit a main mission where the frame rate tanks to single digits. Spent 15 minutes to walk 5 steeps. I don’t know if I can wait this out, but it’s ridiculous. I’ll wait for a new PC to horse power through this game’s messes. It was fine while it lasted, GTA: Deus Ex.

Turned on my Xbox One for the first time in years. I think I had a Microsoft gift card I uses to by some Activision games like Diablo 2 remake and the COD from 2019 ( which is very very good looking ). May dick around on the console for a bit.