The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by RY4N »

you can buy minecraft on disc now. i gave my stepbrothers my xbox 360 when i bought a ps3 because i didnt play it anymore and now minecraft rules their life. :invcross:
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Pisscubes wrote:
thirstycells wrote:fez?
Hmmmm. A very good game but do you think it might be TOO out there for a 12 year old?
Not at all.
No Cunting Elves
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

koji igarashi left konami so that he could make the kind of games he wants to work on.

and since he's said many times over the years that he'd love to make more SOTN-style castlevania games, it's a fairly safe bet we know what to expect from his future projects.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

So the new character for Ultra SFIV got revealed with an official trailer and received a big fat :| , but when you watch the actual gameplay... holy shit :lol:

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT8AY0KcI5o<
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

i KNOW ground zeroes is really short (even with main missions + side missions), and there's a good chance that everything in the game will also be in phantom pain, but it was only $20 and i need my metal gear fix. that and i've already played dark souls ii for 40 hours. i need a break
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

so the opening "cutscene" is pretty :mastoman:. excellent use of music as well.

the game is gorgeous, but it really chugs during the intro. the PS3 is really showing it's age now
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

PS3, say what? why not get it on PS4? seems like everyone says it looks incredible. not worth the price or what?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

don't wanna pay much for it. only $20 as a digital download on ps3
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Christ, I totally forgot there's a new MGS game coming out this year on this console I haven't even bothered to buy yet. How am I going to fit that into my Dark Souls II schedule? Makes me seriously glad TW3's been bumped to next year.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

SH, the full new MGS game won't be out until 2015. AFAIK there's not a release date yet, but it's not any time soon.
dominichorton wrote:might have to check this new MGS out. have any of you tried that Last Survivor game thats free on ps+? i gave it a shot the other night and its sort of neat.
you mean Lone Survivor? I played it a little bit and thought it was cool. plan to give that more time once I get a liiillll further into DkS2.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Mgs5 on the ps4 is goddamn gorgeous
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I had 40 minutes to spare & I just sort of dicked around in Dark Souls. Ended up killing Sif and another Hydra :shock: All these bosses just hidden around the place.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

dominichorton wrote:might have to check this new MGS out. have any of you tried that Last Survivor game thats free on ps+? i gave it a shot the other night and its sort of neat.
Lone Survivor? I played that from 3-6am in complete darkness w/ headphones, baked off my tree on my vita the other night. a++ would bang again.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I'm going to play the rest of lone survivor in that exact same situation :tup:

so PS4 VR headset = official. question for PC master race: doesn't oculus rift require pretty good hardware? will the PS4 be able to render any decent games in VR? I think it's potentially an awesome thing since it'll be optimized for a specific hardware config, but I'm skeptical.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Just preordered an Occulus Rift Dev Kit 2. I'm so ready for this VR shit
ImageImageImage
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Spooky Apparition wrote:I'm going to play the rest of lone survivor in that exact same situation :tup:

so PS4 VR headset = official. question for PC master race: doesn't oculus rift require pretty good hardware? will the PS4 be able to render any decent games in VR? I think it's potentially an awesome thing since it'll be optimized for a specific hardware config, but I'm skeptical.
define "pretty good" i guess? it's going to be rendering 2x 1080p screens which isn't exactly light but i suspect that most modern gaming rigs could run it pretty well.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

copstache wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:I'm going to play the rest of lone survivor in that exact same situation :tup:

define "pretty good" i guess? it's going to be rendering 2x 1080p screens which isn't exactly light but i suspect that most modern gaming rigs could run it pretty well.
Most high end graphics cards can render 3x1080p no problem. I game @ 2560x1600 w/ a single ATI 290x and run everything on ultra and get a solid framerate in almost every game.
ImageImageImage
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Look for PS3 level graphics (but at a high framerate) on the PS4 Morpheus headset:

ImageImageImage
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

milkmandan wrote:Just preordered an Occulus Rift Dev Kit 2. I'm so ready for this VR shit
Severely tempted myself, but by July (DK2 ETA) we should have more details about the consumer release specs. If they include full positional audio and eye-tracking, I may wait.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Bioshock DLC next week? I'm so into Dark Souls, but a forced pause can't hurt.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

the new tomb raider game totally shits on all the uncharted games i played. however the ps3 graphics look so aged after playing a ps4 for the last month.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

i remember there being something about a rape suggestion in this game but i didnt pick up on it
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah, that was blown way out of proportion. there was one part where maybe something sexual was suggested for like one second, but it wasn't like there was a dude waving his dick in front of her face or anything.

not a bad idea for the sequel though. or nathan drake's next challenge to overcome... there's no way way that poof could resist slobbing a conveniently placed knob.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

:lol:

nathan drake travels to machu pichu for lost treasure, but cant resist the temptation to be captured and ritually gangbanged by an inca tribe of extraterrestrials
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

youd think with all the equipment lara croft finds there would be a windbreaker or parka laying around or something