The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Im not anti-ohio. Everything else you wrote is gay
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I googled best nude mods for video games. Ohio never comes up once.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Can't say I'm surprised
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Right..

Got the fucking Punisher game (original XBOX era) to work with all the gore and blood. I love this game now. I love the sadistic executions. I love to kill pieces of shit that libtards let out of jail time early. I love to kill criminal scum. You rape a woman, no there's only The Punisher drilling you in the eye, pedo fuck, with an industrial drill. Fuck you!!!!

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Fucking Guinness made a touch angry & violent it would seem. Jesus!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:16 pm
The Bill wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:00 pm

Brutal Doom comes with the creator’s custom level adventure pack, that has new enemies and other new stuff. I played a good chunk of it YEARS ago. I stopped because ??? I do remember he had no problem throwing Cyberdemons and Archviles at you and maybe I had enough of that stress. I think he added at least a mech.
I don't think i even knew this. I get so confused with brutal doom shit, i never have a good understanding of what I've already downloaded vs whats available. I guess the websites that host this stuff confuse me.

When i first downloaded it, i wound up playing a customized version of doom 2 with crazy new tricks in the levels... like traps and surprise-monsters. More recently when I started playing again all that shit was missing, so i guess im a retard with my brain hanging out of my skull through a hole
Ok, installed GZDOOM and downloaded some mods and found the truth. Brutal Doom used to be zipped with “Brutal Doom: Hell on Earth Starter Pack” which is the aforementioned remix of Doom 2 with new stuff. It no longer comes with it since the author is redoing it. It’s now been renamed Extermination Day, but hasn’t been released yet. You can get the old version but it’s still has some serious bugs ( I don’t recall experiencing, though). I also guess a new version of Brutal Doom is heading down the pipeline. So, I’d wait if you want to retry all that. In the meantime, though, this rock’s harder than any modern retail game I can think of:

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

cant put my finger on why i like valheim so much but its really cool

i wish i could tunnel like in minecraft though
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I've now had two crashes to desktop in the third phase of the Dettlaff boss fight, and that's not even all the technical issues. Pretty sure I officially hate this Witcher 3 "upgrade" at this point.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:26 pm I've now had two crashes to desktop in the third phase of the Dettlaff boss fight, and that's not even all the technical issues. Pretty sure I officially hate this Witcher 3 "upgrade" at this point.
Okay, more like 8 crashes to desktop now, including restarting from an earlier save because I thought my current one might be corrupted. Game is broken. No more Witcher 3 until they fix this. :fp:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:06 pm
spacehamster wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:26 pm I've now had two crashes to desktop in the third phase of the Dettlaff boss fight, and that's not even all the technical issues. Pretty sure I officially hate this Witcher 3 "upgrade" at this point.
Okay, more like 8 crashes to desktop now, including restarting from an earlier save because I thought my current one might be corrupted. Game is broken. No more Witcher 3 until they fix this. :fp:
I’ve had Shadow of the Tomb Raider crash a few times this play through when it never did once some years ago. Difference. They did some dumbass “upgrade” a little bit ago. They need to stop fucking around with these PS4 era PC games. No need to mess with a Steam version just because you’re rereleasing the same game on PS5.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Well, not that it should surprise anyone, but I couldn't leave it alone and fixed it in the end. I've been having problems with GOG Galaxy - the latest update wouldn't install, and it never shut down properly. And I kind of figured that might be the issue. So I uninstalled TW3, uninstalled GOG Galaxy, reinstalled everything and presto. Not that I'm not still miffed at all the problems with the upgraded TW3, but at least I got to see the bad ending of Blood and Wine now.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I am learning to write software for the Game Boy and I'm probably going to start posting demos soon

Just keeping you all posted
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

valheim is so siiiiiiick!!
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:59 pm valheim is so siiiiiiick!!
Hasn’t that been in early access for years now? Also, doesn’t it have that Minecraft collecting nonsense like getting wood and rocks. Even worse, doesn’t it have that house building stuff. I truly hated that in Skyrim & Fallout 4, and they were very simplified versions of that mumbo jumbo.

P. S. Testing, testing

I used the word collecting instead of gather-ing, because

gathering of the juggalos

Dumb!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I had to. Bought & downloaded the new Resident Evil 4. Haven’t really done anything with it yet, but controls are much better and the graphics/vibe/atmosphere is totally much more horror like RE 7. I know a lot if people like the original’s campiness but Texas Chainsaw Massacre will always be better than Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Here's another Fun Remaster Fact. Crysis 2 has been one of those games that I install about once every year and play through again ever since it came out in 2011, and I just wanted to do that yesterday. Turns out that the remaster introduced a bug where your controller permanently vibrates whenever cloak is turned on, which is... you know, most of the time. Now after the Crysis 1 remaster basically didn't do anything to make me want to play the game and also ran like shit, I didn't bother with the remastered version of C2 and just downloaded the original version again that I've always played, but... turns out this version now has this bug as well, and there's no reason to assume it'll ever get fixed. And thus dies one of my favorite games of all time. Sigh.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I would be amazed if there wasn't a community patch for that...
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:53 am Here's another Fun Remaster Fact. Crysis 2 has been one of those games that I install about once every year and play through again ever since it came out in 2011, and I just wanted to do that yesterday. Turns out that the remaster introduced a bug where your controller permanently vibrates whenever cloak is turned on, which is... you know, most of the time. Now after the Crysis 1 remaster basically didn't do anything to make me want to play the game and also ran like shit, I didn't bother with the remastered version of C2 and just downloaded the original version again that I've always played, but... turns out this version now has this bug as well, and there's no reason to assume it'll ever get fixed. And thus dies one of my favorite games of all time. Sigh.
I looked into this for you, and you definitely aren’t alone. I believe it’s also affecting XBOX Series X owners, as well. Now, I did attempt to replay the original version a year or so ago and don’t recall any vibration issues, I also had a graphics mod which might have acted as a sort of fan patch, blocking the cause, maybe. PS and Switch owners said they did not have an issue, so it would seem it’s the XBOX series X controller that’s the problem. I used an Xbox One controller at the time (I think), and people claim no issues with the 360 version either. So, are you using a post XBox One controller and have you updated it’s software. Also, vibration can be turned off in options. I don’t know I ever really cared for it. I know it tries to do this heart beat thing in Shadows of the Tomb Raider and it’s nothing I’d miss.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, it's a pretty recent controller model, so I guess that's the issue. Turning off vibration isn't really something I want to do, frankly. I'm replaying Titanfall 2 now to scratch that itch.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Hahhaha wait so you COULD turn off the vibration, but refuse - and thus dies one of your favorite games of all time???!!!
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

I play so much goddamn PowerWash Simulator that it's got my wife concerned

autism and barefoot are legal
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:32 pm Hahhaha wait so you COULD turn off the vibration, but refuse - and thus dies one of your favorite games of all time???!!!
It’s an interesting hill to die on, to be sure. But whom am I to talk. Getting HDR working properly with my setup was a white whale for years. I refuse to manually turn it on & off. I just leave it off, and some games have the decency to handle the whole thing themselves.

Me thinks Resident Evil 4 might need a patch or two. So, I’ll just finish Tomb Raider and wait over here.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I played a text-based online RPG in the 90s. Multi-user dungeon.

Found the code online and got the program running on my PC. Running my own server!!! Literally haven't thought about anything else for like 72 hours.

If i can get this thing more stable and fun ill post the link here soon. I fucking LOVE this bullshit.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:59 pm I play so much goddamn PowerWash Simulator that it's got my wife concerned

autism and barefoot are legal
:awesome:

btw is this your Steam review:

download Powerwash Simulator on Steam
expecting to waste time powerwashing virtual surfaces
end up addicted after first level
can't stop until every surface is spotless
start seeing dirty surfaces in real life and can't resist urge to powerwash them
friends and family start to worry about my obsession
even start dreaming about powerwashing
feel like a god when I finish a particularly tough level
10/10 would recommend to anyone who loves a good cleaning challenge
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:32 pm Hahhaha wait so you COULD turn off the vibration, but refuse - and thus dies one of your favorite games of all time???!!!
I've probably played through this game 20 times over the years (likely more, tbqh) with vibration on and I'm either going to autism replay it the way I've always played it or not at all. Actually Crysis 2 is a game where it's particularly important to the overall feel of it that I like and that's the reason why I keep coming back.

I know most people don't give half a fuck about controller vibration features, but I've loved it since the way it was implemented for the first Metal Gear Solid, and I am not. Fucking. Flexible. On this.