Taxe Refund?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Re: Taxe Refund?

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

hana maru wrote:
Geeheeb wrote:I'm living alone and I claim 2.
are you good at setting aside the money you will owe? do you pay it quarterly? cause i know they'll fine you if you don't pay a certain percentage by a certain time (ie if you are basically exempt but owe at the end of the year, you get hit with a fine for not paying in addition to what you owe).
Just looked at my W2 yesterday, and this is probably going to happen to me this year, FUCK....I'm probably going to owe them a couple Gs.
:tdown:
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:
hana maru wrote:
are you good at setting aside the money you will owe? do you pay it quarterly? cause i know they'll fine you if you don't pay a certain percentage by a certain time (ie if you are basically exempt but owe at the end of the year, you get hit with a fine for not paying in addition to what you owe).
Just looked at my W2 yesterday, and this is probably going to happen to me this year, FUCK....I'm probably going to owe them a couple Gs.
W4 form:

A) Enter “1” for yourself if no one else can claim you as a dependent __1____
b) Enter “1” if: ● You are single and have only one job; __1____

So when I add those lines together, I get 2.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Geeheeb wrote:
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:
hana maru wrote:
W4 form:

A) Enter “1” for yourself if no one else can claim you as a dependent __1____
b) Enter “1” if: ● You are single and have only one job; __1____

So when I add those lines together, I get 2.
I own a house, and all of the interest paid on that house is deductible.
I ran a calculator, estimating what I'd make for 2009, and it suggested 9 allowances, based on previous years' refunds.
I went a little more conservative and put in 7, and my withholdings for 2009 was about HALF of 2008.
I did buy a car this year, as well as energy efficient windows, and made less in 2009 than 2008, so that will bridge the gap somewhat. But I'm still almost certain to owe; just not sure if it will be enough for a penalty. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

I gotta go through my W2 from last year, but I don't know how this year's refund went from $1,200 to $16 after I put my second W2 (I have two jobs) into the database. Same two jobs as last year...something seems fishy. I claim 0 because I'm not a responsible member of society.
Metal Parties for NY Fuckfaces Check It: cluster FUCKED

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
rape bear "I forgot to add: Scott Ward's pussy eating skills."
copstache "scott ward: rapist"
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance

Post by Pyrite Medal of Ignorance »

I had to fill out a W4 yesterday that was like 15% of the size it was supposed to be, since the person who printed it out is a hippie and didn't want to waste ink/energy/whatever. I didn't have a microscope with me, so I just put ones on all of the little dashes and signed my name. I used to claim 0 all of the time, but then realized I didn't know WHY I did that. So I changed it to '1' and I'll just hope it doesn't result in loss of freedom by physical restraint...
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

hana maru wrote:
Introvert wrote:I guess I'd like to know a bit more about this "making work pay" credit.

Is it another 'stimulus' type thing that I'm going to have to claim on next year's state taxes?

$400 extra $bux sounds great but how exactly is this going to screw me?
this i don't know! i should find out before taking it...
Well it didn't do shit for me. My refund was about $10 different than last year.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

What's the average, percentage-wise, you guys paid federal this year? As in, what percentage of your income went to federal taxes withheld. I'm not around my paperwork from last year, but I am just shocked at the difference in size of my refund.

Perhaps no MDF for me, after all.
Metal Parties for NY Fuckfaces Check It: cluster FUCKED

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
rape bear "I forgot to add: Scott Ward's pussy eating skills."
copstache "scott ward: rapist"
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

danox3 wrote:I bought a house, so I get at least $8k back.

My girl is a single Mom, so she gets around $5k

New deck!
ahahaha i've been unemployed for a year and i owe thousands ahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCKING LMAO
pleasuretokill
Olde Timer

Post by pleasuretokill »

Got 500 back from state and 20 bux back from federal. Just what I expected.... I didn't think I would cut the federal that close though....
"Did your parents put and Atari 2600 in a gold box and wrap it with Genesis paper to fuck with you?" - Pieclun
"theres a new Camo stronger than black ice, its better tasting than all the rest. its 12.5% and tastes sorta like cream soda mixed with piss. i like it!" - ghost boner
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

i ended up getting back $548 federal, but owe the state $24. Lame.

Although the day i got my federal return back, i also got a 1098-T for 2009 from the college i'm going to. Which is weird, since it's for a class that didn't start (and wasn't paid for) until 2010. Huh.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

oh i forgot that i cashed out my ira this year to, you know, not starve to death. gotta pay taxes on that too. hahahaha fuck the government lol
neckbeard
Foaming at the mouth.

Post by neckbeard »

want to barter anything for anything?
kale
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Hell-haine »

Starting Turbotax online right now...
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

neckbeard wrote:want to barter anything for anything?
i will barter you this bottle of my tears for a gun bullet for to put in a gun and blow my fucking brains out
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

A little over 1800.
Haha,
BlackRadish
Electric Lucifer

Post by BlackRadish »

I usually allow them to take as much as possible out because I straddle tax brackets, if I make too much I might not have the money when they come to ask, so I'd rather them give me back money.
Ipswich
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Ipswich »

Federal = 3,400. It was 3K last year.
State = I owe 1 dollar bucks. I always seem to break even with the state, last year was a $1 buck refund.
skin & bones
Soul of the Martyr

Post by skin & bones »

federal: about 725, over $100 less than last year. not happy.
state: even.
!