Home-Owners

Music posts are a bannable offense.
broke.as.shit
Hetero as hell...

Home-Owners

Post by broke.as.shit »

What have you done to your house to improve on it? I've lived in the new house since Nov. and we've been remodeling one room at a time. I'm going to start wiring every room for Cat-5 this next week/two weeks and I'm wondering what the fellow homeowners on here have done to make their house "cooler".

EDIT: Cat-5 Wiring Guide
http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_ ... For_Ether/
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Re: Home-Owners

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I have also been in my house since November, but I haven't done shit. The house doesn't really need any work, but I'd like to finish the basement this spring.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
broke.as.shit
Hetero as hell...

Post by broke.as.shit »

Cryptoplasty wrote:I have also been in my house since November, but I haven't done shit. The house doesn't really need any work, but I'd like to finish the basement this spring.
My basement needs a lot of work as well. I intend on splitting it, one room a spare bedroom and laundry room, the other side a home theatre and wet bar.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

thirteen months in. i need the ghost busters
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
broke.as.shit
Hetero as hell...

Post by broke.as.shit »

Cryptoplasty wrote:
Site rules :tup:
I agree. Although right now we've been moving walls and putting in new door frames, etc. Now that the upper floor is close to being done, I can start to geek out a little with the site quoted and make my house a little more awesome. Up next is the basement, then the main floor (which is the living room, smoking room, kitchen, master bedroom, and main bathroom).
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

I haven't done a fucking thing...

When I was away on holiday the trap under the kitchen sink started dripping very slowly and now some of the edges on my laminate are buggered up. Replacing the floor in my kitchen is on my to-do list.
broke.as.shit
Hetero as hell...

Post by broke.as.shit »

Black Jacques wrote:I haven't done a fucking thing...

When I was away on holiday the trap under the kitchen sink started dripping very slowly and now some of the edges on my laminate are buggered up. Replacing the floor in my kitchen is on my to-do list.
What are you going to redo it with? The fiancee wants me to lay black ceramic tile in ours.
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

That's pretty much exactly what I'd do as well; I haven't even started looking, but if I can find some ceramic tile that looks similar to slate... :tup:
broke.as.shit
Hetero as hell...

Post by broke.as.shit »

Black Jacques wrote:That's pretty much exactly what I'd do as well; I haven't even started looking, but if I can find some ceramic tile that looks similar to slate... :tup:
Our local Menards had a bunch of tile on clearance recently. I think the sale goes until the 7th if you live around a Menards.
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

I can't get away from menards.
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

I've lived in my place for 3 years now and really haven't done anything to the place unless buying a new fridge counts.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

pro-American fucking people from here love Menards...they say that their firepit inside the house is going to rule...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

broke.as.shit
Hetero as hell...

Post by broke.as.shit »

Black Jacques wrote:I can't get away from menards.
John Menard lives in the next town over and my fiancee's dad is pretty high up in the Corporate Office, so I can't seem to escape it either.
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

broke.as.shit wrote:
Black Jacques wrote:I can't get away from menards.
John Menard lives in the next town over and my fiancee's dad is pretty high up in the Corporate Office, so I can't seem to escape it either.
Menards love the attention I give them.
Crucified
Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-ka

Post by Crucified »

replaced the basement door, fixed a leak or two, added a mailbox, added a screen door to the front door. I need to redo the flooring in the living room pretty bad, need to redo the wax seal on my toilet. I actually even have the new wax seal, i'm just fucking lazy. in the 2 years i've lived here, the value of the home has gone up by 15 grand.
Deez Nutz
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by Deez Nutz »

I bought last Spring and did a tax extension to get my 8k Obamabux. Using that I installed a wall-mounted 32" TV in the kitchen, hired an electrician to install 12 recessed lights in the living and rec rooms, updated all the kitchen hardware, installed two new ceiling fans, painted multiple rooms... I'm installing new house numbers this week.

This year I want to replace the carpet in the rec room, install a tiled floor in my work area and start to plan a bathroom remodeling in the master bedroom.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
4.75% 30-year fixed.
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

Bought in August, painted 4 rooms, ripped out the ugly carpet to find awesome hardwoods under neath. Replaced the stove, torn down the fence out front.

Still need to paint 3 more rooms, and the Obama bucks are replacing the deck out back.
Vagectomy
I like to smell things.

Post by Vagectomy »

Changed the locks so my ex wife can't get in.
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

broke.as.shit wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:I have also been in my house since November, but I haven't done shit. The house doesn't really need any work, but I'd like to finish the basement this spring.
My basement needs a lot of work as well. I intend on splitting it, one room a spare bedroom and laundry room, the other side a home theatre and wet bar.
did this years ago....it flooded last year(I blame our fucking city and the builders lying about some stuff that was done before we bought it), now I've been at it again over the past couple of months, but it will be better now. I made some mistakes previously that I've always wanted to improve on.

Although, my home theatre room will be a studio control room too, and the new spare bedroom will be the performance room. Then on to the upstairs to do some small renos to the kitchen and bathroom.
wheatgurm
Nespithe

Post by wheatgurm »

I just finished building and installing a new maple kitchen in my house. A traditional face frame kitchen w/ raised panel doors, and roll outs in all my lower cabs. Used pre-finished maple for my interior box and drawer parts. All I have left to install is my crown and toe skin. For my crown molding Im using fiddle back maple.
Doing my bathroom next, gonna build me a Sapele vanity w/ tall linen cabinets. Then after that Ill probably build me a built a entertainment center out of Bubinga or Tiger Wood w/ inlayed Purple Heart. Fuck yea!!! I loooove wood. 8)
Last edited by wheatgurm on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. - fz
metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

Black Jacques wrote:I haven't done a fucking thing...
Me either... :oops:
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
crunchermcnut
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by crunchermcnut »

Tore out the old shag carpet, hardwoods underneath still could be refinished. Painted the entire main floor. Replaced all the windows with triple pane low-e, and replaced the doors. Replaced a bunch of light fixtures.
soiled depends

Post by soiled depends »

crunchermcnut wrote: Painted the entire main floor.
best fucking goddamn paint job of all time.

bobby_paranoize
Electric Lucifer

Post by bobby_paranoize »

Pulled up the hideous pink carpet that my step-mother had put down in the living/dining room and hallway and replaced it with wood laminate. Took all the panelling (some wood, some with a floral design) down out of those areas and painted. Painted the bathrooms and put in one of those New Bath deals in the hallway bathroom. Pulled up the carpet in the master bedroom and put some tile down and painted. Took down the tacky faux crystal chandelier in the dining room and put a decent light fixture up.

Still have to retile the hallway bathroom and put in a new sink/vanity and completely remodel the kitchen and recarpet/paint the other bedrooms.

I'm leaving the wood panelling up in my music room. This was where my old band would practice as a teen, and was my "toy room" as a kid and for sentimental reasons I'm not taking it down.