Bioshock 2 Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Bioshock 2 Thread

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Ghost Dad wrote: Dragon Age is a boring piece of shit. I don't get the blacklash about Bioshock though.
wtf
Comrade Slinky wrote:
DeadWalrus wrote:
Comrade Slinky wrote:Dragon Age is better than any game mentioned in this thread.
got bored never beat it
This hurts head, game better than mass effect 2 easy. Just got up from nap but have to lay back down now.
wtf
disco-dance axis
carbomb street team

Post by disco-dance axis »

I played the first Bioshock demo, and it had been way better in theroy than in practice..the controls felt clumsy, and the underwater art deco setting wasn't that inspiring, either.
I see that's it's an original game, but not as good as it is commonly rated.
Krieg wrote: It is more or less the same issue with painkillers, an American gets a tooth removed and spends the next 10 days daydreaming under Valium or Xanax. A German gets a leg amputated and gets Ibuprofen (and only the 500mg version).
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

The first Bioshock was fun. I loved the atmosphere too. It wasn't worth more than one playthrough though.

I'm not really excited about Bioshock 2 but I'm still watching it closely to see how well it gets rated. If it turns out to be good I'll probably get it eventually.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Friendly Goatus wrote:The first Bioshock was fun. I loved the atmosphere too. It wasn't worth more than one playthrough though.

I'm not really excited about Bioshock 2 but I'm still watching it closely to see how well it gets rated. If it turns out to be good I'll probably get it eventually.
But...but...BIG DADDY, dude. You're BIG DADDY!
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Maybe Big Daddy and Big Sister have some crazy drill sex :what:
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

Comrade Slinky wrote:This hurts head, game better than mass effect 2 easy. Just got up from nap but have to lay back down now.
i put maybe 60 hours into it until i was completely over the repetitive gameplay and dull, unengaging story

the game didnt suck per se, i just got my fill. i havent played me2 yet, kinda bored with video games atm
Degree Absolute
DO THE DEW!

Post by Degree Absolute »

Friendly Goatus wrote:The first Bioshock was fun. I loved the atmosphere too. It wasn't worth more than one playthrough though.

:tup:

I wish the gameplay was less linear. It was one of the first games I played after the soul crushing disappointment that was Hearts of Iron III, so I was starving for anything that didn't destroy my memories.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

DeadWalrus wrote:
Comrade Slinky wrote:This hurts head, game better than mass effect 2 easy. Just got up from nap but have to lay back down now.
i put maybe 60 hours into it until i was completely over the repetitive gameplay and dull, unengaging story

the game didnt suck per se, i just got my fill. i havent played me2 yet, kinda bored with video games atm
jesus, i beat it in less than 40. no wonder you got bored with it
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
DeadWalrus
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DeadWalrus »

copstache wrote:jesus, i beat it in less than 40. no wonder you got bored with it
i never even got to fuck morrigan either! i did spend a lot of time opening chests full of rusty hatchets and exploring never ending dialogue trees however. i have trouble powering through rpgs
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i've beaten atlus rpgs. after you do that, everything else is a walk in the park
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Post by frost »

so I pre-purchased it after all :oops:

where the fuck is mah preload steam :gong:
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

All games are now on notice that they will not be played till I finish Bioshock 2. Sorry, Fallout 3, even though we were make tremendous head way as of late. Well, absence makes the heart grow founder.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

sweet. my roommate is buying this (sucker), so i'll be able to play it after he goes to bed.

MUA HAH HA HA HAH HAHAH AHA
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

guardianoftheblind wrote:sweet. my roommate is buying this (sucker), so i'll be able to play it after he goes to bed.

MUA HAH HA HA HAH HAHAH AHA
I don't remember if Bioshock had save state slots.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

it did
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

wut?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

WE HAVE TWO DIFFERENT XBOXES MORONTARDS
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

suck it jerkfag
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

touché
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Does this mean no more BF2 demo?? weepski :cry:
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i'll play it cause i know you want to

EDIT:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Don't make me choose you cruel man.

I really enjoyed the first Bioshock. I didn't find the shooting to be that awful, but I also overlook a lot of things if my overall experience is fun. The Steam pre-order for Bioshock 2 is very tempting but I'll probably wait until it's cheaper.

Wait....it's only $45 for 1 & 2....fuck. Sold.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

Been playing for the last hour or so. It's fun which what matters most. Being able to use the plasmids and your weapon at the same time is pretty cool. So far it looks and feels like Bioshock but we'll see if it holds up.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i got this and god of war collection today. gowc was only $30.

overwhelming critical response swayed me toward bioshock 2.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

just got to rapture.

so far, it's ok. but this is coming from a guy who thinks bioshock 1 is totally overrated.

\but like i said before, i didn't have to pay a cent to play it, so if it sucks, don't care
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

At the moment I'm torn between possibly getting this or Dante's Inferno. Still want to wait for more reviews though. I'm not totally convinced either game will be worth 50-60 dollars.