Bioshock 2 Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: Bioshock 2 Thread

Post by copstache »

i am gainfully employed/like games/don't care

so nyeahhh
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Well I have two out of three of those down...

It's just that I read Bioshock 2 was less than 10 hours long and only has 9 maps... and Dante's Inferno is longer but with zero replay value. I need more info on these before making a decision but so far they both seem more like rental games.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

i just read the achievements....and there is only 1 achievement for beating the game on HARD, which i wasn't going to do anyways on the first play through. and that's it. no penalties for playing it on EASY means MAXIMUM ACHIEVEMENT POINTS. and since i don't really give two shits about bioshock to begin with, that equals no guilt.

GIMME DEM 'CHEEVOS
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Friendly Goatus wrote:Well I have two out of three of those down...

It's just that I read Bioshock 2 was less than 10 hours long and only has 9 maps... and Dante's Inferno is longer but with zero replay value. I need more info on these before making a decision but so far they both seem more like rental games.
Dante's Inferno would take two playthroughs to max out the Evil or Holy powers, somewhat like the good/evil option you have in inFamous (can't remember if you're a PS3 or 360 bamer).

It is also soon to release a multiplayer and level editor DLV called "The Trials of St Lucia" where you can design bits of hell and populate it with demons, glutton monsters, the phallus firing lust chicks and the usual array of goat horned dudes.

I would rent it for the weekend if I were you, you will smash at least one playthrough in that time.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i'll probably pick up dantes inferno after i beat gowc because there's no reason to have both of those sitting around unbeaten.

bioshock 2: i'm still with the "least necessary sequel" crowd but i still like the game's mechanics so what the hell. i hope it is short, that means i'll enjoy it, forget about it, and play it again in a year like i did the first one.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Songs of Love and Hate »

I started playing on hard and it's actually a pretty good challenge so far. But I think it will be like part 1 on hard. You start to get some upgrades and the game becomes a cake walk. There seems to be a problem with the POV like the first game had and the mouse sensitivity goes all over the place when you load a game. Stupid glitches that probably shouldn't of made it to retail.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

http://withrpgelements.blogspot.com/
metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

Cannot... stop... playing...

Game is so fucking good.
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Streven Adler wrote:yeah, this shit is tits. fuck the haters. looks and plays far better than the first, schwaiger. you crazy.
I would never have believed people didn't like Bioshock until I saw it here with my own eyes. I know the world is made up of all kinds of different opinions on things, but this just buttons up my asshole in shock... Bioshock.
metal5411
I hate my life.

Post by metal5411 »

Streven Adler wrote:yeah, this shit is tits. fuck the haters. looks and plays far better than the first, schwaiger. you crazy.
Precisely.
krudmonk wrote:Just fuck a robot that looks like her. It's Japan, retard.
monsterod wrote:Look, I'd rather be riding a rocket-propelled wild boar through space with a bottle of Maker's getting a blowjob from Mrs. Snozzberries. But at this point, I'd be satisfied with a brisk trot down the street from a common sow.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

Big Sisters are brutal.

The having to watch over the little sisters while they harvest might get annoying after a few more times.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i'm only playing on normal but i've found that the trick to big sisters for me is just hitting them with fire over and over and over
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

copstache wrote:i'm only playing on normal but i've found that the trick to big sisters for me is just hitting them with fire over and over and over

That works on hard too. It's just on hard they do way more damage and your plasmids use up a lot more eve.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

frost
(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Post by frost »

I'm only playing multiplayer at the moment (wich is pretty fun), have to finish ME 2 first to get into the sp
DEAD THREAD, LOCKED
-Admin'd
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

I never made it through the first one. All the stupid pipe minigame/puzzles became annoying.

I can't see myself getting this game. P.S. I got about 900 pages into Atlas Shrugged and stopped with that bullshit also.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

CoconutBackwards1 wrote:I never made it through the first one. All the stupid pipe minigame/puzzles became annoying.

I can't see myself getting this game. P.S. I got about 900 pages into Atlas Shrugged and stopped with that bullshit also.

The pipe minigames are gone. Hacking is done with a timing based game instead. It's easier to handle but doesn't pause the world around you. I was just awarded a wallet upgrade which is awesome because the first one capped your wallet at 500 even though it had four numbers in it like, 0000
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

game is lots of fun. i actually like the protection stuff which is weird. i love placing traps and guarding doors and all that.
Songs of Love and Hate
How's them beans, ma?

copstache wrote:game is lots of fun. i actually like the protection stuff which is weird. i love placing traps and guarding doors and all that.

I've done it a few more times and I find I'm liking it more as I do more of them. I thought it would be the other way around with me hating them as I get further in. I guess if you're playing as a big daddy it makes sense to protect a little sister.
Steam - Sterile Prophet

PSN - Sterileprophet

Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:
copstache wrote:game is lots of fun. i actually like the protection stuff which is weird. i love placing traps and guarding doors and all that.

I've done it a few more times and I find I'm liking it more as I do more of them. I thought it would be the other way around with me hating them as I get further in. I guess if you're playing as a big daddy it makes sense to protect a little sister.
I think in the first game the idea of traps and strategy was lost on the ineffectual cyclone trap, and the trap bolt wasn't of much use when you didn't really know of any pending attack other than Big Daddies. I think as the game progresses (I'm in Fontaine Futuristics right now) the gathering of the juggalos gets more interesting as you learn how to set up traps correctly and deal with different enemies. Really, all I use now are trap rivets, cyclone traps, plasmids and a drill. The most traps I've had one splicer bounce into is two, but I'm bound to get it up to 4. That shit is FUN! There should be a mini-game dedicated solely to that.

Also, the drill is better than the part one wrench. One of the best melee weapons in any game EVAR!
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

disagree. i miss the wrench a lot.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Once you upgraded it, the wrench was the best weapon in the game.

Stupid awesome.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

exactly. wrench lurker + whatever the damage upgrade one was = rape. especially combined with the freeze plasmid. i only ever dug out my guns for big daddies
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Yeah yeah, I get the sentimentality, but wait until the drill does ALL THOSE THINGS and deflects bullets and thrown objects while dashing into a big daddy taking away 20% health.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
CoconutBackwards1
One Of Many Accounts

Post by CoconutBackwards1 »

Songs of Love and Hate wrote:
CoconutBackwards1 wrote:I never made it through the first one. All the stupid pipe minigame/puzzles became annoying.

The pipe minigames are gone. Hacking is done with a timing based game instead. It's easier to handle but doesn't pause the world around you. I was just awarded a wallet upgrade which is awesome because the first one capped your wallet at 500 even though it had four numbers in it like, 0000

Got rid of it entirely...

That's definitely a plus.
The only question that I thought was hard was do I like Kirk, or do I like Picard?
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I wonder if there's an achievement for not ever dying...
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Comrade Slinky wrote:I wonder if there's an achievement for not ever dying...
wasn't in the first one anyway. i know because i did.