How similar are you online and in reality??

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored, Esq.

Re: How similar are you online and in reality??

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Iron Goldie wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:I do wonder sometimes which human beings taste better. Babies? I'm only guessing...
Depends on how fatty you like your meat I'd guess. Babies would naturally be more fatty and probably more tender overall. i'd imagine eating Mr Olympia would taste like eating a shoe. A roided out shoe. I guess the best would be to find a human with a little fat but not too much.
Yeah. I always assume muscle = meat, so a man would be better than a woman, but one has to think of fat content, sure. I only guess babies because I've read that in horror novels. There have been enough cannibals to form a consensus by now...I wonder...
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Iron Goldie wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:I do wonder sometimes which human beings taste better. Babies? I'm only guessing...
Depends on how fatty you like your meat I'd guess. Babies would naturally be more fatty and probably more tender overall. i'd imagine eating Mr Olympia would taste like eating a shoe. A roided out shoe. I guess the best would be to find a human with a little fat but not too much.
Yeah. I always assume muscle = meat, so a man would be better than a woman, but one has to think of fat content, sure. I only guess babies because I've read that in horror novels. There have been enough cannibals to form a consensus by now...I wonder...
Well for me perosnally, the fat content kinda cooking in with the leaner type meat is what makes it good. Straight fat tastes less as good, as does straight tough meat. But if you get it to kinda cook in together, and tenderize the toughness... perfect.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Iron Goldie wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
Iron Goldie wrote:
Well for me perosnally, the fat content kinda cooking in with the leaner type meat is what makes it good. Straight fat tastes less as good, as does straight tough meat. But if you get it to kinda cook in together, and tenderize the toughness... perfect.
Hmmm...okay. I'll keep this in mind.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Iron Goldie wrote:
That's exactly what I was thinking. A teenager with adequate height to weight proportions would do just fine. Babies.....no substance...like eating shrimp or scallops :tdown:
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

Wellnow, I personally like shrimp and scallops.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Iron Goldie wrote:
If you're talking first-world cannibal killers, then they can't really form any consensus, because their preferences are based upon sexual satisfaction rather than flavor... besides which, few (if any) of them have sampled from all tables at the buffet, so to speak. Shawcross would be unable to comment upon the taste of an adult male, and Dahmer would be equally unable to provide analysis of the experience offered by consuming female flesh.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

http://layscience.net/node/268
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
What Does Human Flesh Taste Like?
Sun, 08/17/2008 - 05:12

* cannibalism
* flesh
* human
* taste

For some reason, cannibalism remains one the great taboos of the 21st century. Nonetheless, virtually all sane and normal people, like myself, wonder from time to time (every night before I fall into a fitful sleep and have that recurring dream about the butcher's shop) what exactly human flesh is like to eat. Curious, and bored waiting for my latest Krill simulation to finish running, I thought I'd find out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our Tip:
Find out more about Hufu with Food and Discovery programming that comes with your new satellite dish television system from dish network. With satellite dishnetwork, you can learn about all sorts of things you've never heard of before. Buy today from Internetlion.com, and get the satellite tv deal of the season!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The first shock I had was that a company supposedly started selling a "Healthy Human Flesh Alternative" base on Tofu - Hufu - back in 2005. They described the taste of their dubious product thus: "If you've never had human flesh before, think of the taste and texture of beef, except a little sweeter in taste and a little softer in texture. Contrary to popular belief, people do not taste like pork or chicken." Further investigation revealed that it was in fact a spoof, and you can see it on Comedy Central in the video below.

So, "sweet soft beef" is a dubious claim at best, and it certainly flies in the face of the overwhelming "pork" consensus that appears from a Google search on the subject. Clearly if we want to get the true flavour of cannibalism, we need to find out from people that have actually tasted human flesh, rather than health food companies.

Of course it's not just human flesh substitute that's available in the West, many people eat the placenta after birth - something quite unbelievable to me given their unappetizing appearance and, you know, where they came from.

To cook it, you need to remove the umbilical cord along with a membrane, and then treat it in a similar fashion to liver, as an enterprising chef manages in the video below (featuring Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall). According to Hugh, the result is like liver. But of course the placenta isn't really anything like a proper human steak would be, being a fundamentally different type of tissue, and therefore most likely a very different taste.

Similarly unhelpful is the opinion of a cute little robot NEC System technologies and Mie University. The "electromechanical sommelier", is "capable of identifying wines, cheeses, meats and hors d'oeuvres." On tasting the hands of reporters, it identified one as bacon, and the other as prosciutto. Unfortunately, since the reporters didn't bother to skin and cook their hands before placing them in the robot's jaws, that doesn't tell us a lot.

So we're getting nowhere. What we need are some proper cannibals, and where better to start than one of Germany's most infamous citizens, the cannibal Armin Meiwes. Having eaten an estimated 20kg of his "victim", Meiwes is something of an expert on the subject, and in an interview from his prison cell, he was more than happy to explain the taste: "The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good."

That's the best answer so far, but does it tally with the experiences of other Western cannibals? After a bit more searching I found the case of William Buehler Seabrook, a journalist with the New York Times who traveled extensively in West Africa. Fascinated with the concept of cannibalism, he persuaded a medical intern at the Sorbonne (the University of Paris) to give him a chunk of human meat from the body of a healthy man killed in an accident, which he cooked and ate, describing is as follows:

"It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have."

So we have one for pork, one for veal. Clearly a sample size of two isn't enough, we need more people, and here's where we descend into the really grim. Many people may have eaten human flesh unintentionally.

I'll start with Pole Karl Denke, "a devout, peaceful, generally respected citizen of Zi?bice, turned out to be a cannibal who killed 40 people before his arrest (and immediate suicide) in 1924. He pickled their flesh in jars and sold it on the Wroc?aw market as... 'pork'."

The same tactic was allegedly employed by Fritz Haarmann, a German who killed at least 24 people in Hanover, generally male prostitutes who's throats he bit while sodomizing them. Rumours suggest he too sold his victims as pork on the black market. He was executed by beheading in 1925.

Another German serial killer, Karl Grossman was arrested in 1921 having been a very busy man during WWI. Grossman sold the meat from the estimated 50 women he killed on the black market, and even ran a hot dog stand, throwing the inedible remnants in a nearby river.

Ultimately, without actually eating some of the stuff ourselves - something I'm not exactly in a rush to do - all we have are the subjective evaluations of other people, and those people aren't exactly the most reliable witnesses! But there is a certain consistency here... certainly the cannibals themselves seem to have generally considered it closer to pork, and indeed close enough that they were happy to label it as such when selling it to unfortunate members of the public in the markets of 1920s Germany and Poland.

And so unless somebody has any further evidence, the official opinion of this blog is that human flesh tastes a bit like pork. Of course, to paraphrase Eddie Izzard, that means that pork tastes of human...

Enjoy your bacon today, folks!
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote:http://layscience.net/node/268
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
What Does Human Flesh Taste Like?
Sun, 08/17/2008 - 05:12

* cannibalism
* flesh
* human
* taste

For some reason, cannibalism remains one the great taboos of the 21st century. Nonetheless, virtually all sane and normal people, like myself, wonder from time to time (every night before I fall into a fitful sleep and have that recurring dream about the butcher's shop) what exactly human flesh is like to eat. Curious, and bored waiting for my latest Krill simulation to finish running, I thought I'd find out.

Our Tip:
Find out more about Hufu with Food and Discovery programming that comes with your new satellite dish television system from dish network. With satellite dishnetwork, you can learn about all sorts of things you've never heard of before. Buy today from Internetlion.com, and get the satellite tv deal of the season!

The first shock I had was that a company supposedly started selling a "Healthy Human Flesh Alternative" base on Tofu - Hufu - back in 2005. They described the taste of their dubious product thus: "If you've never had human flesh before, think of the taste and texture of beef, except a little sweeter in taste and a little softer in texture. Contrary to popular belief, people do not taste like pork or chicken." Further investigation revealed that it was in fact a spoof, and you can see it on Comedy Central in the video below.

So, "sweet soft beef" is a dubious claim at best, and it certainly flies in the face of the overwhelming "pork" consensus that appears from a Google search on the subject. Clearly if we want to get the true flavour of cannibalism, we need to find out from people that have actually tasted human flesh, rather than health food companies.

Of course it's not just human flesh substitute that's available in the West, many people eat the placenta after birth - something quite unbelievable to me given their unappetizing appearance and, you know, where they came from.

To cook it, you need to remove the umbilical cord along with a membrane, and then treat it in a similar fashion to liver, as an enterprising chef manages in the video below (featuring Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall). According to Hugh, the result is like liver. But of course the placenta isn't really anything like a proper human steak would be, being a fundamentally different type of tissue, and therefore most likely a very different taste.

Similarly unhelpful is the opinion of a cute little robot NEC System technologies and Mie University. The "electromechanical sommelier", is "capable of identifying wines, cheeses, meats and hors d'oeuvres." On tasting the hands of reporters, it identified one as bacon, and the other as prosciutto. Unfortunately, since the reporters didn't bother to skin and cook their hands before placing them in the robot's jaws, that doesn't tell us a lot.

So we're getting nowhere. What we need are some proper cannibals, and where better to start than one of Germany's most infamous citizens, the cannibal Armin Meiwes. Having eaten an estimated 20kg of his "victim", Meiwes is something of an expert on the subject, and in an interview from his prison cell, he was more than happy to explain the taste: "The flesh tastes like pork, a little bit more bitter, stronger. It tastes quite good."

That's the best answer so far, but does it tally with the experiences of other Western cannibals? After a bit more searching I found the case of William Buehler Seabrook, a journalist with the New York Times who traveled extensively in West Africa. Fascinated with the concept of cannibalism, he persuaded a medical intern at the Sorbonne (the University of Paris) to give him a chunk of human meat from the body of a healthy man killed in an accident, which he cooked and ate, describing is as follows:

"It was like good, fully developed veal, not young, but not yet beef. It was very definitely like that, and it was not like any other meat I had ever tasted. It was so nearly like good, fully developed veal that I think no person with a palate of ordinary, normal sensitiveness could distinguish it from veal. It was mild, good meat with no other sharply defined or highly characteristic taste such as for instance, goat, high game, and pork have."

So we have one for pork, one for veal. Clearly a sample size of two isn't enough, we need more people, and here's where we descend into the really grim. Many people may have eaten human flesh unintentionally.

I'll start with Pole Karl Denke, "a devout, peaceful, generally respected citizen of Zi?bice, turned out to be a cannibal who killed 40 people before his arrest (and immediate suicide) in 1924. He pickled their flesh in jars and sold it on the Wroc?aw market as... 'pork'."

The same tactic was allegedly employed by Fritz Haarmann, a German who killed at least 24 people in Hanover, generally male prostitutes who's throats he bit while sodomizing them. Rumours suggest he too sold his victims as pork on the black market. He was executed by beheading in 1925.

Another German serial killer, Karl Grossman was arrested in 1921 having been a very busy man during WWI. Grossman sold the meat from the estimated 50 women he killed on the black market, and even ran a hot dog stand, throwing the inedible remnants in a nearby river.

Ultimately, without actually eating some of the stuff ourselves - something I'm not exactly in a rush to do - all we have are the subjective evaluations of other people, and those people aren't exactly the most reliable witnesses! But there is a certain consistency here... certainly the cannibals themselves seem to have generally considered it closer to pork, and indeed close enough that they were happy to label it as such when selling it to unfortunate members of the public in the markets of 1920s Germany and Poland.

And so unless somebody has any further evidence, the official opinion of this blog is that human flesh tastes a bit like pork. Of course, to paraphrase Eddie Izzard, that means that pork tastes of human...

Enjoy your bacon today, folks!
Good article :tup:

I still stand by babies being too soft to eat.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
Iron Goldie wrote:
If you're talking first-world cannibal killers, then they can't really form any consensus, because their preferences are based upon sexual satisfaction rather than flavor... besides which, few (if any) of them have sampled from all tables at the buffet, so to speak. Shawcross would be unable to comment upon the taste of an adult male, and Dahmer would be equally unable to provide analysis of the experience offered by consuming female flesh.
These are all good points.

I was thinking, rather, of the people in Russia who started eating each other after the Revolution. I know there was widespread famine all over that country for a few years and a number of people simply started hunting and eating other humans. I read about it in this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Peoples-Tragedy-R ... 110&sr=8-3

There are pictures in there of them posing with heads of the people they ate, etc. Surely they came up with pointers, recipes, etc.?
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:If you're talking first-world cannibal killers, then they can't really form any consensus, because their preferences are based upon sexual satisfaction rather than flavor...
I only eat pussy for sexual satisfaction and I could tell you a thing or two about flavor, though... the killers just need interviewed in the right context. The warrior cannibals in that Liberia vid talk about what parts are best to eat, of course.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

When eating other humans the last thing I want to worry about is preferences based on regional culture. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like the same things Africans like. Those dudes are fucked.
Teebore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Teebore »

It's almost like the last page and a 1/2 needs it's own thread. Hmmm...
everyone is miserable, xasthur fans are bigger liars
-smoeone
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

I make drunk people cry when I psycho-babble them
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

IRL I sit at the bar, and wait for anyone to make a negative comment about me. I then respond immediately and loudly to every single one until 2AM. Sometimes I follow them outside and yell clever insults as they attempt to drive away.
turn these off meatman.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

monsterod wrote:IRL I sit at the bar, and wait for anyone to make a negative comment about me. I then respond immediately and loudly to every single one until 2AM. Sometimes I follow them outside and yell clever insults as they attempt to drive away.
Hahahahaha!
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
LIVERWRECKER
Certified False.

Post by LIVERWRECKER »

i am the same. Don't you all think?
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

LIVERWRECKER wrote:i am the same. Don't you all think?
I try not to think. It makes me dizzy...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
LIVERWRECKER
Certified False.

Post by LIVERWRECKER »

Mari_Mar wrote:
LIVERWRECKER wrote:i am the same. Don't you all think?
I try not to think. It makes me dizzy...
where do you find a dog with no legs?
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

Uh well I'm an opinionated asshole online, and tend to be one in person too just a bit funnier.
PSN- BroMan43
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Come on, Bro Man, you're the life of the party online and IRL.
Haha,
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Gookstorm »

I'm goofier in person than online. I talk more than I post. Sometimes I exhibit a mild speech impediment (slurring) when I get a mental block. I probably cuss more in person than online. I whine like a bitch pretty often about things I have no control over. I'm a pretty weak-ass bitch in general. That's about it.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Gookstorm wrote:Sometimes I exhibit a mild speech impediment (slurring) when I get a mental block.
This happens to me pretty often. I'll be talking about something and then forget a word... I know the meaning and what I'm trying to say but a word will just slip away from me and I'll stumble a bit then raise an eyebrow and look off into space for a few seconds until I remember. It's actually kind of funny. Throws people off a lot. I think it's because I have too much shit crammed in my brain.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

His might be hard for some of you to believe, because you're stoopit... But I'm actually way more awesome than my posts. I'm awesome incarnate.
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

monsterod wrote:IRL I sit at the bar, and wait for anyone to make a negative comment about me. I then respond immediately and loudly to every single one until 2AM. Sometimes I follow them outside and yell clever insults as they attempt to drive away.
Self-deprecation brings you up a few notches. :tup:
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Mike Green wrote:His might be hard for some of you to believe, because you're stoopit... But I'm actually way more awesome than my posts. I'm awesome incarnate.
I pretty much assumed this the whole time.
Haha,