DO YOU READ?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Attn: Necrometer

Post by monsterod »

necrothrash wrote:This explains so much.
turn these off meatman.
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: DO YOU READ?

Post by monsterod »

Necrometer wrote:
I skimmed the fuck out of everything I've ever been forced to read ever.
turn these off meatman.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

You think I self-identify as an intellectual? What in the world are you even after here, Retardad?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

caldwell.the.great wrote: I always try to imagine condensing Kierkegaard into 15 second segments.
Sometimes I wish he had done it himself. Nietzsche certainly did a great job of it...

But RE: your response to my comment, I think we're talking about two completely different things. I would talk about it more, I guess, but I actually don't care...
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

Necrometer wrote:You think I self-identify as an intellectual?
no, i think you sub-identify as an intellectual. i dont think you've honestly put any concious thought into it.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
bloodybloodlicker
DO NOT WANT.

Post by bloodybloodlicker »

You know who reads?

Glenn Danzig.

*burp*
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Hell-haine »

I used to read an awful lot and fast, my major being French Lit.
Now that I'm here in the US, I don't read as much as I used to, and I read slow. I don't really like to read in English that much and I don't order French books very much. All the French classics at Barnes & Nobles, I already know.
I have to bring some books back with me next time I go to the homeland.
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
smooth
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by smooth »

I read non-fiction. I have come to despise 99% of fiction as I get too bored too quickly. Fiction that has description for description's sake. Do not want. Why read when you can watch a film? It's not like a flowery description of the sky being as blue as a bluebird is going to enhance your brain in any major way.
The Talmud wrote:Menahoth 43b-44a. A Jewish man is obligated to say the following prayer every day: Thank you God for not making me a gentile, a woman or a slave.
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

Necrometer wrote:Retardad?
Fuck yeah. Schoolyard insults. No dude, I definitely do not have you confused.

But you do seem to identify yourself as actually smart, or at least smarter than me. I'm no genius, but I plow through hundreds of pages of tedious case law every week. You can't finish a short story by the greatest horror writer of the 20th century in one sitting. You are a god damn dullard.
turn these off meatman.
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

he's not a dullard.

he just dont read good.

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
baconrebellion
Zombie Apocalypse

Post by baconrebellion »

reading these 3 books simultaneously:

John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

fuck, dune is the new xasthur.

FRANK HERBERT STABBED A HOMO FOR YOUR IPOD!

baconrebellion
Zombie Apocalypse

Post by baconrebellion »

John Jr. wrote:fuck, dune is the new xasthur.

ok
Scumfucker
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Scumfucker »

TheDOAD wrote:[Not related to you but one of the weirdest moments in my life was a few years back with a guy I went to college with who I admired for his intelligence and work ethic and just overall persona. He told me he that unless it was a technical how to book or something he had Not read a single piece or fiction or non study related Non fiction since high school. He was 30. Blew my mind.

One of the smartest people I know (he's a computer whiz) is sort of like that. He mostly only reads car magazines. He hasn't read a book since Jurassic Park in junior high. Books were ruined for him by his mother who forced him to read books as a young kid. He will never know what he's missing.
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

FUCK YEAH I READ BRO :rhug: :lhug:

I MOSTLY READ FICTION NOVELS THOUGH SO I'M NOT VERY, HOW DO YOU SAY, "CULTURED".

JACK LONDON WAS A FAVORITE AS A CHILD THOUGH AND HE STILL IS. WHITE FANG!!!!! :rhug: :lhug:
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Haha, my reading consists of technical manuals, regulations or certification manuals these days. God I wish when I hit the time where I do leisurely reading.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Post by EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO »

bloodybloodlicker wrote:You know who reads?

Glenn Danzig.

Everything about this video rules. I laughed after almost every line. I think I could listen to Glenn Danzig say "Welcome to my book collection" over and over again for hours.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

baconrebellion wrote:
John Jr. wrote:fuck, dune is the new xasthur.

ok
haha, perfect reply
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

Luscious, flowing sideburns.
EEEOOOEEEOOOEEEOOO
hovering.

I knew I couldn't really grow facial hair, but when someone offered me MONEY to grow a mustache and keep it for a month I figured I could pull it off. It was a real blow to my manhood to realize that I couldn't grow a mustache even when there was money on the line.

The 1972 A's are ashamed of me.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

+1 shit facial hair guy
Scumfucker wrote:
TheDOAD wrote:[Not related to you but one of the weirdest moments in my life was a few years back with a guy I went to college with who I admired for his intelligence and work ethic and just overall persona. He told me he that unless it was a technical how to book or something he had Not read a single piece or fiction or non study related Non fiction since high school. He was 30. Blew my mind.
One of the smartest people I know (he's a computer whiz) is sort of like that. He mostly only reads car magazines. He hasn't read a book since Jurassic Park in junior high. Books were ruined for him by his mother who forced him to read books as a young kid. He will never know what he's missing.
Wait... so the expectation is that smart people spend their free time reading, and it's surprising if a smart person doesn't read? Look at how many bestselling books are total junk - stupid people read, too. It's just another form of art/entertainment. I'm not sure if these anecdotes make any more sense to me than reporting "this super smart guy I know shocked me when he said he doesn't [listen to music] or [watch movies]".
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Man I love reading. Sometimes I go weeks without doing it but I find I enjoy my life immensely more when I'm engrossed in some sprawling novel.
No Cunting Elves
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

Honky Kong 64 wrote:Man I love reading. Sometimes I go weeks without doing it but I find I enjoy my life immensely more when I'm engrossed in some sprawling novel.
Sometimes I think you've read everything, man. You, EEEOOO, Bored, and Mr. Budd read enough books to make up for everyone here that doesn't. I get jealous of all the entries you guys have in the "latest book you've read" thread.
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

I'm a total escapist. Sometimes to a fault.
No Cunting Elves
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Bored, Esq. wrote:http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news ... umphed.ars

"I can feel it most strongly when I'm reading. Immersing myself in a book or a lengthy article used to be easy. My mind would get caught up in the narrative or the turns of the argument, and I’d spend hours strolling through long stretches of prose. That's rarely the case anymore. Now my concentration often starts to drift after two or three pages. I get fidgety, lose the thread, begin looking for something else to do. I feel as if I'm always dragging my wayward brain back to the text. The deep reading that used to come naturally has become a struggle."

Etc.
One more thing that might contribute to this in me:
[b]How to Read a Scientific Article[/b] wrote:Reading a scientific article is a complex task. The worst way to approach this task is to treat it like the reading of a textbook—reading from title to literature cited, digesting every word along the way without any reflection or criticism. Rather, you should begin by skimming the article to identify its structure and features. As you read, look for the author’s main points. Generate questions before, during, and after reading. ...
http://cnx.org/content/m15912/latest/

Some of those "how to" things for science lit even pretend you should read every word of the methods section (provides detailed information with the intent of allowing one to copy the research), which is a near-complete waste in the majority of cases.