Computer certs... who has'em?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: Computer certs... who has'em?

Post by doomeddisciple »

ITIL cert and a couple of non descript things.

SAP is good for Australia as we have heaps of government departments with SAP that has been the bread and butter for many friends.

I suggest getting into project management roles if you have IT skills. PM's make more moeny than any of the code monkey's around here.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Gookstorm
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: Computer certs... who has'em?

Post by Gookstorm »

milkmandan wrote:Yes, but I've also SEEN how much my company pays for PeopleSoft consulants, Oracle consulants, performance tuning consultants, etc. $200 an hour can be had in many MUCH more interesting areas of IT, IMO.
I've actually worked with PeopleSoft stuff (fucking horribly boring and a dead-end at this point), Oracle technologies, and care fuck all about those just as much as ITIL (possibly even less), so it's a matter of opinion in the end. And really, just because you throw consultant / contractor into the role you have to up the pay about 35%+ anyway because on a 1099 the self-employment taxes suck ass. I'd rather be self-employed at a point and just taking the bigger pay because benefits are diminishing so much in corporate environments it's probably better to just ask for the cash in the end.

Only thing more boring than ITIL I've ever sat in a meeting for was CMMI classes. Fuck that made me want to shoot myself right there.
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:
Gookstorm wrote:Koreans hate Americans too much to ever fuck them, silly roundeyes.
obviously you never been to kunsan, osan, or seoul.