House shows rule!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
WatchingGirlsPoop
Kill Trend Suicide

House shows rule!

Post by WatchingGirlsPoop »

They're always a fun and filled with really friendly lovers of music. It's a very pure form of show. I think I might have some drone, sludge and ambient bands play in my basement pretty soon.
fapping while I do it
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Re: House shows rule!

Post by delmuerte »

Hooray for that.
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

I, too, am quite fond of house shows.
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

i haven't been to one in a while. I had my band play in my basement over the summer, and I think I will again soon.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

I used to host house shows. I fucking hate them except for when it's someone elses' house...then they rule!
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

This house could probably host shows as long as long as there weren't TOO many people, but I'm pretty sure my sissy roommates woudn't accept the idea of a bunch of smelly people worshiping Satan and Marx in the basement.
fvkk
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance

Post by Pyrite Medal of Ignorance »

respek the space :what:
chris narcosis
ultimate EVIL

Post by chris narcosis »

Great shows, the only situation where crusties actually add something to the atmosphere.
queedlemorth
Fearless Undead Machines

Post by queedlemorth »

This is Kenoma playing at my place. They played a Halloween doom set along with their own set, it was awesome! But I don't think I'll ever have a band play again... Cabinets = dents in wall

That dude w/ the mow hock has some serious penis breath!
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

last year i booked live fast die at my apartment. the house was a pigsty afterward, including holes in my wall that are still there, multiple broken kitchen tiles, broken beer bottles for days, and the cops showed up and almost hauled me in since the lease is in my name.

was it worth it? you bet your sweet ass it was.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

hipster holocaust wrote:last year i booked live fast die at my apartment. the house was a pigsty afterward, including holes in my wall that are still there, multiple broken kitchen tiles, broken beer bottles for days, and the cops showed up and almost hauled me in since the lease is in my name.

Doesn't sound like it. Maybe if the band were actually good...
Metal Parties for NY Fuckfaces Check It: cluster FUCKED

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
rape bear "I forgot to add: Scott Ward's pussy eating skills."
copstache "scott ward: rapist"
crunchermcnut
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by crunchermcnut »

chris narcosis wrote:Great shows, the only situation where crusties actually add something to the atmosphere.
Yeah, a stench that'll make you pass out.
They can be tons of fun, but I can do without the ripeness.
12 Months of Mao
opinionated sumbitch

Post by 12 Months of Mao »

Iron Lung and Hatred Surge were great at a house because I was standing there feeling like an old fuck, baked and hating these crusty kids surrounding me, and then some of the most bitter, resentful grinding I've heard in a long time. Still kicking myself for missing Bone Awl/Volahn at that place.
"I am a high-IQ mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy which characterizes my species!" - Drinky Crow
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

hipster holocaust wrote:last year i booked live fast die at my apartment. the house was a pigsty afterward, including holes in my wall that are still there, multiple broken kitchen tiles, broken beer bottles for days, and the cops showed up and almost hauled me in since the lease is in my name.

That's ridiculous. Bunch of spoiled, inconsiderate fuckheads trashing my joint? Their heads need to be run through those walls.

Never again...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

I like cheap beer and underage girls too man. :cheers:
turn these off meatman.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

crunchermcnut wrote:
chris narcosis wrote:Great shows, the only situation where crusties actually add something to the atmosphere.
Yeah, a stench that'll make you pass out.
They can be tons of fun, but I can do without the ripeness.
ive always wanted to hand out deodorant at shows.
Brian P.
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Brian P. »

BUNGVOX wrote: ive always wanted to hand out deodorant at shows.
i'm bringing a small can of Axe to baltimore for the smellies.
Music is the pleasure the mind gets by counting subconsciously.

axe will make it worse, dude. rent a firetruck for the hose, it'll work much better. or maybe corral a bunch of them and tell them there's a secret Dystopia show at an automatic carwash, then when they're all inside wondering what up, drop that $1 and get those doors shut before they catch on.
Brian P.
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Brian P. »

if they don't wanna smell like shitty Axe, then they should wash up.
Music is the pleasure the mind gets by counting subconsciously.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Brian P. wrote:if they don't wanna smell like shitty Axe, then they should wash up.
shitty axe or shitty ass

oh the choices.
true ashworthip
Sounds of the Animal Kingdom

Post by true ashworthip »

i have hosted many house shows over the years. i've never understood how so many people can continuously express such a dearth of consideration and respect for the homes of others.

please, come to my house, you anonymous fucking slob, i've jeopardized my home and paid the spikes in the power bills again and again just so you can casually piss on my neighbor's lawn, smoke 5,439 cigarettes and leave the butts everywhere, drink 48,294 beers and leave the cans/bottles all over the block, break a window, break my toilet, kick a hole in a wall, steal my fucking shoes, rifle through my fridge, vomit carelessly, force me to be nice to the pigs, do drugs in my living room, force my neighbors to hate and distrust me, all without ever taking a single cent from the $0.60 you sarcastically threw into the hat while you look at me like i'm your tight-ass ex-marine Dad because you're too selfish and retarded to realize that the bands you pretend to support need cash money to exchange for gasoline to physically arrive in your town while you drink a 12 pack of beer and smoke a $6 pack of cigarettes.

...but... totally worth it for the amazing performances and grateful bands. and not something i want to do again regularly for a long time, if ever.
zzzzzzzz
Unquestionable Presence

Post by zzzzzzzz »

Played and been to many house shows, I don't like venues, the end.

true ashworthip wrote:i have hosted many house shows over the years. i've never understood how so many people can continuously express such a dearth of consideration and respect for the homes of others.

please, come to my house, you anonymous fucking slob, i've jeopardized my home and paid the spikes in the power bills again and again just so you can casually piss on my neighbor's lawn, smoke 5,439 cigarettes and leave the butts everywhere, drink 48,294 beers and leave the cans/bottles all over the block, break a window, break my toilet, kick a hole in a wall, steal my fucking shoes, rifle through my fridge, vomit carelessly, force me to be nice to the pigs, do drugs in my living room, force my neighbors to hate and distrust me, all without ever taking a single cent from the $0.60 you sarcastically threw into the hat while you look at me like i'm your tight-ass ex-marine Dad because you're too selfish and retarded to realize that the bands you pretend to support need cash money to exchange for gasoline to physically arrive in your town while you drink a 12 pack of beer and smoke a $6 pack of cigarettes.

...but... totally worth it for the amazing performances and grateful bands. and not something i want to do again regularly for a long time, if ever.

I really, really want to chalk this up to kids being young or whatever and not yet having a firm grasp on the concept of respect for the homes of those putting on shows in their chosen scene (i've definitely done a couple of those things on that list) but realistically, it isn't even the really young ones doing this shit. Just dickbags in general looking for a party. Kind of depressing that everyone who knows better sometimes has to split their time between watching/policing people that are fucking shit up and actually watching the show. :|
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:
true ashworthip wrote:i have hosted many house shows over the years. i've never understood how so many people can continuously express such a dearth of consideration and respect for the homes of others.

I really, really want to chalk this up to kids being young or whatever and not yet having a firm grasp on the concept of respect for the homes of those putting on shows in their chosen scene (i've definitely done a couple of those things on that list) but realistically, it isn't even the really young ones doing this shit. Just dickbags in general looking for a party. Kind of depressing that everyone who knows better sometimes has to split their time between watching/policing people that are fucking shit up and actually watching the show. :|

Or, the people who know better sometimes don't bother going to avoid said assholes. I've heard many a horror story about house shows, but luckily, I've never encountered anything like this yet.

Maybe it's because like 10 people show up to house shows here...
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

How young do you have to be to not understand "don't kick holes in other people's houses when you are a guest"?
Haha,