Hipsters demand right to take crying kids to bars

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Whiffleball Ace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Re: Hipsters demand right to take crying kids to bars

Post by Whiffleball Ace »

This is fucking ridiculous!
Are we really debating this?
It's just like the thread with the kids in the dog park.
Dog parks are for dogs. Kid parks are for kids. Bars are for people who want to unwind, get drunk, get laid/raped, forget their own problems, watch a game, see a show...etc. Chuckie-Cheese... well if you've ever been there, you know what that's for.
I'm all for a universal ban on children in bars. It's fucking stupidity.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I have kids and dogs and, though I love them, I would not want to hang with them in a bar.
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Obesese Witherspoon »

Whiffleball Ace wrote:This is fucking ridiculous!
Dog parks are for dogs. Kid parks are for kids. Bars are for people who want to unwind, get drunk, get laid/raped, forget their own problems, watch a game, see a show...etc. Chuckie-Cheese... well if you've ever been there, you know what that's for.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I have kids and dogs and, though I love them, I would not want to hang with them in a bar.
My new favorite member of this board.
Hell-haine wrote:she should stuff it in her vagina like any responsible female .
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I'm for a universal ban on bringing dogs anywhere in public except dogs parks, and a requirement to move you're child out of any establishment if it starts screaming. Will this ever happen? No. But a man can dream.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Cryptoplasty wrote:I'm for a universal ban on bringing dogs anywhere in public except dogs parks, and a requirement to move you're child out of any establishment if it starts screaming. Will this ever happen? No. But a man can dream.

Any establishment that requires adult behavior - I agree - movies - non-family restaurants - I understand.

If I rewarded my 2 year old for every tantrum and punished her for every test of my will I would be required to attend only outdoor establishments. I don't think a kid really should be in a bar - but what's wrong with the occasional - DADDY'S GETTING THE TIRES CHANGED beer? Let the market dictate the reality. That's why Euro bars and restaurants are better - they understand that collective drinking is the cornerstone of good family life.
Last edited by Mr. Budd on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Mr. Budd wrote:they understand that collective drinking the cornerstone of good family life.

:tup:
amos galore
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by amos galore »

As Nevets and Torsion know, this shit isn't even an issue at redneck bars. People are more likely to take their kids there than dogs, because they usually give 2 shits about their dogs and leave them at home chained to a tree.
Dogs at bars pisses me off, too, btw. My friend used to take her dog to the bar and tie it up next to us out on the patio and it annoyed me to no end.
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

Whiffleball Ace wrote:This is fucking ridiculous!
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
so get your local bar owner to put up a "no kids" sign. problem solved without having to pay any civil servants to enact a law that has to be paid for to be enforced, and everybody wins.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Deleted Account
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Deleted Account »

Are the hipsters to blame for these kids trying land planes at the airports here? I don't know if they are, but I'm going to blame them anyways.
One Man Show
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Zerohero wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:you younger shavers won't know this, but cokes use to come in these small bottles ya see.
oh shit! i had totally forgotten about these. what were they, 6, 8 oz?
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Deleted Account wrote:Are the hipsters to blame for these kids trying land planes at the airports here? I don't know if they are, but I'm going to blame them anyways.
I'm going to be bummed if that traffic controller loses his job over that.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Pyrite Medal of Ignorance

Post by Pyrite Medal of Ignorance »

The Torsion wrote:
Streven Adler wrote:my dad used to take me to biker bars when i was really young. nobody ever seemed to mind me, but then they were mostly people i'd see around the house as well. i learned some pretty fucked up shit at those places though.
I hated going to bars with my dad when I was little not because most of his buddies were ex-con speed freaks, cokeheads, over the hill hippie beauty queens and rednecks, but because I just didn't like being the center of attention at all. Just let me sit at the bar with my Dr. Pepper and play with my GI Joe in peace.

my parents would drag me to their loud ass shows, with pretty much all of these things going on and then some. my dad would take frequent "cabbage" breaks in the parking lot.

gave us no earplugs, either. :what: to this day i rarely think to wear them...
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:you younger shavers won't know this, but cokes use to come in these small bottles ya see.
yeah... i think they were 8 oz..

rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Pyrite Medal of Ignorance wrote:
The Torsion wrote:
Streven Adler wrote:my dad used to take me to biker bars when i was really young. nobody ever seemed to mind me, but then they were mostly people i'd see around the house as well. i learned some pretty fucked up shit at those places though.
I hated going to bars with my dad when I was little not because most of his buddies were ex-con speed freaks, cokeheads, over the hill hippie beauty queens and rednecks, but because I just didn't like being the center of attention at all. Just let me sit at the bar with my Dr. Pepper and play with my GI Joe in peace.

my parents would drag me to their loud ass shows, with pretty much all of these things going on and then some. my dad would take frequent "cabbage" breaks in the parking lot.

this thread hast morphed into Ye Olde Unstoppable child abuse thread
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

The Torsion wrote:

i was at a Einstürzende Neubauten show a few years ago and there were two rather young children (8 or 9 or whatever) there, right in the first few rows next to their parents. suddenly Alex Hacke, the bassist, saw them and got pretty big eyes. in the next break between songs, he went towards the edge of the stage and, with a big smile, handed the kids two huge pieces of earmuffs.
rīdoonrīmenbā
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Phritz wrote:Einstürzende Neubauten
Didn't that band at one point record all the rest of them beating up the singer?
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Didn't that band at one point record all the rest of them beating up the singer?
hahaha, that's the first time, i've heard this. but blixa, while definitely deserving a good beating, is surely too much of a pussy. i'd buy the record! :tup:
rīdoonrīmenbā
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Phritz wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
hahaha, that's the first time, i've heard this. but blixa, while definitely deserving a good beating, is surely too much of a pussy. i'd buy the record! :tup:
Yeah. It was a long time ago...I remember reading about it in an interview. He said it was like a "religious experience" or whatever. I think they just set up some mikes in a room and kicked the crap out of him. More bands should do this.
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

it's a pretty nice story, but i'm pretty sure, you're pulling my leg here. :wink:
rīdoonrīmenbā
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

Phritz wrote:
The Torsion wrote:

i was at a Einstürzende Neubauten show a few years ago and there were two rather young children (8 or 9 or whatever) there, right in the first few rows next to their parents. suddenly Alex Hacke, the bassist, saw them and got pretty big eyes. in the next break between songs, he went towards the edge of the stage and, with a big smile, handed the kids two huge pieces of earmuffs.
That's some pretty responsible rock n' roll right there.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Phritz wrote:it's a pretty nice story, but i'm pretty sure, you're pulling my leg here. :wink:
I resent the implication, sir. Pistols at dawn? Don't forget the ammo, I don't have any.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Zerohero wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:

no dude, they were short and fat, with plastic caps

i think some tonic/seltzer water still come in them
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:

:confused:

these are the ones i was thinking of.. metal caps, glass bottles... not sure what kind you are thinking of...
Phritz
I'm not very smart.

Post by Phritz »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Phritz wrote:it's a pretty nice story, but i'm pretty sure, you're pulling my leg here. :wink:
I resent the implication, sir. Pistols at dawn? Don't forget the ammo, I don't have any.
fine. who is your second? i want Wages of Ben...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
BECAUSE HE WILL SNIPE YOU!!! LOLOLOLOL
rīdoonrīmenbā
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Zerohero wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:

:confused:

these are the ones i was thinking of.. metal caps, glass bottles... not sure what kind you are thinking of...
Last edited by hipster holocaust on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:
Zerohero wrote:

Do you mean like these? Haven't seen bottles like these since the 80's/early 90's.