Hipsters demand right to take crying kids to bars

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored, Esq.

Re: Hipsters demand right to take crying kids to bars

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Obesese Witherspoon wrote:This douchebag is exactly the reason why there should be a test before you can have kids. Like someone said there are much better options IF you really need to have a beer or 2 and you have a child with you. But really, you can't wait until it's at least dark out to have your first drop?

My daughters 11 and she's seen me drink 2x in her whole life, and Ive never been stoned when she's around. There's a time and place for partying and it's never acceptable to take a mongoloid asian baby to a bar. EVER.
This is a completely American attitude, you know.
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

varg?
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

yay puritanism.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

CROSTY wrote:varg?

holy hell, that IS Varg. :what:
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Obesese Witherspoon »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Obesese Witherspoon wrote:This douchebag is exactly the reason why there should be a test before you can have kids. Like someone said there are much better options IF you really need to have a beer or 2 and you have a child with you. But really, you can't wait until it's at least dark out to have your first drop?

My daughters 11 and she's seen me drink 2x in her whole life, and Ive never been stoned when she's around. There's a time and place for partying and it's never acceptable to take a mongoloid asian baby to a bar. EVER.
This is a completely American attitude, you know.
Well I'm american so....
It's the way I feel. Can I have a few beers and still be a responsible parent? yes. But i wouldn't take her to the local tavern to do so. There's Chucky Cheese, Dave and Busters, etc...
Hell-haine wrote:she should stuff it in her vagina like any responsible female .
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

i think it's a little beyond just "the way i feel" considering the vehemence with which you wanted to strip the right of other people to have little waterheads just because you feel a little uncomfortable with your kids knowing that you DEIGN to imbibe on occaision. other parent not there to watch them
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

I don't think this guy knows the difference between being "stir-crazy" and "needing a drink." If you are getting a little cabin fever, take the kid for a fucking walk. Go to the park. Play in the snow. Do something constructive with your children if you are "stir-crazy", don't just take it to the bar because you need a drink. You can do that at home.

And like Mr. Budd said, there are plenty of family-friendly restaurants and whatnot to take a kid with you to have a drink.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
Hell-haine
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Hell-haine »

LOL at Americans.
Chuck-e-cheese.

:drool:
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

My parents used to take me to the bar with them every so often, and i'd hang out playing pinball or go to the arcade across the street. I'd get free sodas, listen to the jukebox, talk to the bartender or parents friends, or find other ways to entertain myself. I don't see a problem if there's a community of regulars who are cool with it. I don't feel that government should mandate that every bar CAN or CAN NOT have kids in them. I mean, college girls used to come in and tell me how cute i was and flirt with me for christ's sake, and that can do wonders for a shy 8 year olds self esteem.
Hell-haine

Post by Hell-haine »

That's why we're so cool Hunter! 8)
Bored001 wrote:34 is still wet behind the ears...it's not that you're getting older, you're getting smarter.
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

One Chuck E Cheese here has so many fights and such between the adults that they are continually in danger of losing their liquor license.

I think he looks like Steve Carrell...
fvkk
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

Hell-haine wrote:LOL at Americans.
Chuck-e-cheese.

No one said chuck-e-cheese. But what I did say was there was a difference with getting a drink and just getting out of the house. I don't know, i guess I'm just biased because I wouldn't want to take my kid onto some second-hand smoke box.
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

Obesese Witherspoon wrote: My daughters 11 and she's seen me drink 2x in her whole life
You say this like it's a good thing. Way to deprive your daughter of an example in responsible drinking. Wait til some crater-faced turd pops open a Bud in front of her for the first time around age 14.....

Mine is almost to the age where I can teach him to get me a beer. :tup:
turn these off meatman.
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

father of lies wrote:One Chuck E Cheese here has so many fights and such between the adults that they are continually in danger of losing their liquor license.

Liquor? Shit, I think Chuck could get by with beer & wine.
turn these off meatman.
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

monsterod wrote:
father of lies wrote:One Chuck E Cheese here has so many fights and such between the adults that they are continually in danger of losing their liquor license.

Wait...
Chuck-E-Cheese serves alcohol?
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

rape bear wrote:
monsterod wrote:

Wait...
Trust me, it's essential there.
turn these off meatman.
Hell-haine

Post by Hell-haine »

rape bear wrote:
Hell-haine wrote:LOL at Americans.
Chuck-e-cheese.

No one said chuck-e-cheese. But what I did say was there was a difference with getting a drink and just getting out of the house. I don't know, i guess I'm just biased because I wouldn't want to take my kid onto some second-hand smoke box.
Obesese Witherspoon wrote:But i wouldn't take her to the local tavern to do so. There's Chucky Cheese
I agree with not bringing a kid where people smoke heavily.
I'm just laughing about the American obsession of doing what is "appropriate" all the time, especially when it's about what kids should see, what they should do, where they should go.
I find it odd that in a country where people spend so much time thinking and debating about these issues, there is so much violence, teenage pregnancy, drug abuse etc...
Things are not perfect in France, but we're more laid-back about what's appropriate, kids can go to the bar, see naked people on TV, at the beach, at home, read "inappropriate" magazines like Fluide Glacial and still, our society is still not as fucked up as yours (yet).
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

monsterod wrote:
Obesese Witherspoon wrote: My daughters 11 and she's seen me drink 2x in her whole life
You say this like it's a good thing. Way to deprive your daughter of an example in responsible drinking. Wait til some crater-faced turd pops open a Bud in front of her for the first time around age 14.....

Mine is almost to the age where I can teach him to get me a beer. :tup:

Alcoholism and drug addiction run in my family. When I was 24 I had a Dr. tell me if I had another drink I'd probably die. I stopped for 7 years and now drink once a month or so. It's no big deal that I drink outside my house when at a show
and I don't have to wonder about her well being. My hope is she will realise that drinking responsibly and in moderation is ok. If I feel like drinking beer tonight in my house I will, but the reality is I will save it for Kix on Friday night and or Voivod on Sat. Yeah I know :lj:
Hell-haine wrote:she should stuff it in her vagina like any responsible female .
Natas

Post by Natas »

monsterod wrote:Mine is almost to the age where I can teach him to get me a beer. :tup:
it truly is one of the greatest pleasures one can enjoy in life. one that Patlapse has never known (then again i go so far as to let them have a sip at times *gasp*).

anytime i encountered one of those "i don't drink in front of my kids" people i thought they were fucking weirdo pansies. no offense to Pat cause you gotta do what you think's right
Grendel
Gear in the Machine

Post by Grendel »

rape bear wrote:
monsterod wrote:

Wait...

Chuck-E-Cheese is actually becoming kind of known for alcohol-induced fights

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122878081364889613.html
father of lies
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by father of lies »

Well Chuck E Cheese only has beer, but the city is getting pissed. It probably has more to do with not wanting THOSE people coming from Milwaukee to their nice suburb.

...Kix?!

???
fvkk
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

nblacks....
turn these off meatman.
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

Natas wrote:
monsterod wrote:Mine is almost to the age where I can teach him to get me a beer. :tup:
it truly is one of the greatest pleasures one can enjoy in life. one that Patlapse has never known (then again i go so far as to let them have a sip at times *gasp*).

anytime i encountered one of those "i don't drink in front of my kids" people i thought they were fucking weirdo pansies. no offense to Pat cause you gotta do what you think's right
I don't do moderation very well. I'm not the kind of guy that can have a beer with dinner or one to chill. When I drink I tend to want to get fucked up. So it's better for me to have rules that I abide by. We have parties, people drink, Just a choice I live with. While she doesn't know why I do what I do, I certainly don't preach, or any of that weirdo shit.
The last time I drank around her was July 4th and she brought me every beer I drank, and yes they were better than ones that I have had to get my self.
Obesese Witherspoon
One Of Many Accounts

father of lies wrote:Well Chuck E Cheese only has beer, but the city is getting pissed. It probably has more to do with not wanting THOSE people coming from Milwaukee to their nice suburb.

...Kix?!

???

hahaha, yes that Kix. They were always like ac/dc lite to me, and it's 5 minutes from home and the club turns into a spanish disco @ midnite, so the show is over by 11. All big plusses for me.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Obesese Witherspoon wrote:
Natas wrote:

I don't do moderation very well. I'm not the kind of guy that can have a beer with dinner or one to chill. When I drink I tend to want to get fucked up. So it's better for me to have rules that I abide by. We have parties, people drink, Just a choice I live with. While she doesn't know why I do what I do, I certainly don't preach, or any of that weirdo shit.
The last time I drank around her was July 4th and she brought me every beer I drank, and yes they were better than ones that I have had to get my self.
It's a good point...I mean, if one wasn't into moderation or weird things happen when one drinks then by all means...keep the kids out of it. But I also think it's good to teach kids about alcohol, how it's not really anything special, it's been around forever, everyone has to learn about it, etc. My father is terrified of alcohol and that made me insanely curious as a kid...I couldn't wait to try it.

I worry sometimes, though, about Americans and their desire (so often expressed) to raise "perfect children." I've had European friends that just said, "Eh, they're just another human, they'll learn and adapt." and I thought that was a much healthier attitude.