Do you look forward to getting old?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Bored, Esq.

Do you look forward to getting old?

Post by Bored, Esq. »

OLD old. 80-90 years old.

I was thinking about this earlier today because I was trying to come up with authentic youth movement ideas that wouldn't be immediately co-opted and exploited by corporate mall-type waiz. Given the ageism in our country and bizarre hatred of aging in baby boomer morons, this could have legitimate potential and run longer than the current microculture life of 3-6 months. See: hipsters. Its vile nature would qualify its extremity and one must admit it runs counter to everything mainstream Amerikkka tries to inculcate. So I'm talking wheelchairs, oxygen masks, canes, dentures, weird hats, gray pants, orthopedic shoes, colostomy bags, dated lingo/slang, rabidly conservative politics, etc. Fashion, yes, but done with a knowing smirk that would prove to be hard as a diamond when questioned. In order to fake authenticity in an authentic manner one must never break character.

I used to have a roommate who would rhapsodize for hours about the loving comfort of pensions, smelly fedoras, gray pants, etc. He really liked gray pants. He could talk endlessly about the subject.

Outside of this, do you look forward to being old? Although most of one's strength/virility is sapped and you look like an ancient potato left in the rain I imagine the comfort of second infancy + virulent cynicism (been there, fucked that) more than makes up for the lost limberness of a now useless penis.
Mr. Budd

Re: Do you look forward to getting old?

Post by Mr. Budd »

Not exactly - but I'm not one to rage against reality.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Mr. Budd wrote:Not exactly - but I'm not one to rage against reality.
That is healthy.
43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W
Nespithe

Post by 43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W »

I won't make there. RE: Belly Button Problems.
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

really? no but yes, i look forward to being old and weird and sitting in bars wetting myself but the actiual day to day life terrifies me.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

43°29′28″N 83°23′49″W wrote:I won't make there. RE: Belly Button Problems.
Surely there's nothing in life or death getting naked in the woods won't cure? Freeze that navel monster out of there...
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
That is healthy.
I guess so. I fear death of course, but I'm looking forward to watching my daughter grow and have her own family under my influence. I'd rather not get old and die - but worrying about it is absolutely pointless. I have still so much to learn, then to teach.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:i look forward to being old and weird and sitting in bars wetting myself
I have to admit...the British make stuff like this seem much more attractive and secure.
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Mr. Budd wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
That is healthy.
I guess so. I fear death of course, but I'm looking forward to watching my daughter grow and have her own family under my influence. I'd rather not get old and die - but worrying about it is absolutely pointless. I have still so much to learn, then to teach.
Are you going to have more kids?
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:really? no but yes, i look forward to being old and weird and sitting in bars wetting myself
You only need to be 45 or so to piss yourself in the dad bars that I've been to around town. No one seems to mind which is possibly even more outrageous than the ruined kidneys themselves...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

soiled depends wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:really? no but yes, i look forward to being old and weird and sitting in bars wetting myself
You only need to be 45 or so to piss yourself in the dad bars that I've been to around town. No one seems to mind which is possibly even more outrageous than the ruined kidneys themselves...
that assissted living looks good mind, you get your own little apartment and a cord to pull in case things go tits up, quality.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

I look forward to having money saved up so I can buy a big fucking boat, yeah.
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

Dr Yail Bloor wrote: that assissted living looks good mind, you get your own little apartment and a cord to pull in case things go tits up, quality.
Yeah, the English co-worker with family back home was talking about that yesterday. Good for alcoholics, schizoids and all kinds of cripples, half heads and those who wail endlessly long into the night, screaming for crabcakes and for the company of old uncle Phil whose been pushin' daisies for years...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

soiled depends wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote: that assissted living looks good mind, you get your own little apartment and a cord to pull in case things go tits up, quality.
Yeah, the English co-worker with family back home was talking about that yesterday. Good for alcoholics, schizoids and all kinds of cripples, half heads and those who wail endlessly long into the night, screaming for crabcakes and for the company of old uncle Phil whose been pushin' daisies for years...
we can be neighbours? :rhug:
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Ah, to be an old alcoholic in England...paradise...
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

not particularly looking forward to my body breaking down like a nissan with no oil.

but if i get diagnosed with a terminal disease, i plan on having quite a bit of fun in the short-term.
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

John Jr. wrote: but if i get diagnosed with a terminal disease, i plan on having quite a bit of fun in the short-term.
[emo] Life is the terminal disease! [/emo]

*breakdown*
John Jr.
Mac N Cheese ONLY.

Post by John Jr. »

one is open ended, the other they generally give you a range in months. granted, one could always get pushed in front of a bus tommorrow....
"FUCK YES MORE LAWS RIGHT NOW ALL THE TIME! LAW LAW LAW!" - Geeheeb
"OH I FORGOT, MORE JAILS TOO RIGHT NOW! FUCK YEAH JAIL JAIL JAIL!" - Geeheeb

"I don't recall quoting you as a shitbrain specifically... the shitbrain experience is not exactly the same for every shitbrain" -big rossman
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

I don't waste my time thinking about it. I'll enjoy old age when I get there.
Mr. Budd

Post by Mr. Budd »

Bored, Esq. wrote:
Mr. Budd wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
That is healthy.
Are you going to have more kids?
I'd like one more.
Green Chamber
Nespithe

Post by Green Chamber »

Ultimate proof of Jewish conspiracy to destroy real humans: Saving Private Ryan. It actually made old people's lives and stories obsolete. Now there's no point to having senior citizens around, no point to loving your aging and dying relatives, and of course no reason to actually grow old yourself.

Destroy the family, destroy the individual, destroy society. Hail Yahweh.
rape bear
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by rape bear »

Mr. Budd wrote:
Bored, Esq. wrote:
That is healthy.
This Is my philosophy almost exactly.

It's human nature to fear what we don't know, in this case death. It is the scariest thing there is because, not only do we not know, no one does. But to be crippled for the rest of your life being afraid of something that is going to happen no matter what is absurd. There are so many things to look forward to (kids, family, travel etc.) to live in fear. And honestly, people live a lot healthier a lot longer, so I could be 90 and content.
http://failed.bandcamp.com
ThE GodDamN BattletweeteR wrote:i would so slap on a strap on and rape his ass.
AUTOPSY_666
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by AUTOPSY_666 »

Half way to 80!
Bored, Esq.

Post by Bored, Esq. »

rape bear wrote: It's human nature to fear what we don't know, in this case death. It is the scariest thing there is because, not only do we not know, no one does.
I've never understood that attitude. What's the use of fearing something you can't see or know about? That's very pessimistic. Besides...everyone dies. It would be like fearing making a cup of tea or mowing the lawn.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I do civil service where I work with old people once a year. A lot of it is wheeling people around in wheelchairs that smell of piss because they can't take a leak on their own anymore, things like that. It's made me realize how important it is to make a reasonable effort to stay healthy. If I can't take a shit on my own anymore, I'll put a bullet through my head.

I'm not worried about getting old in and of itself, though. As long as I'm reasonably healthy, I'm fine with it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.