Collapse Volume IV - Concept Horror (Thomas Ligotti inside)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
12 Months of Mao
opinionated sumbitch

Collapse Volume IV - Concept Horror (Thomas Ligotti inside)

Post by 12 Months of Mao »

http://pervegalit.files.wordpress.com/2 ... v-copy.pdf

Don't know if this has made the rounds before, but here's an electronic magazine on the topic of "Concept Horror." Featuring contributions by: George Sieg, Eugene Thacker, Rafani, China Mieville, Reze Negarestani, Jake and Dinos Chapman, Michael Houellebecq, James Trafford, Thomas Ligotti/Oleg Kulik, Quentin Meillassoux, Benjamin Noys, Iain Hamilton Grant/Todosch, Stephen Shearer, Graham Harman/Keith Tilford and Kristen Alvanson. Essays, fiction and illustration.

"Collapse IV features a series of investigations by philosophers, writers and artists into 'Concept Horror.' Contributors address the existential, aesthetic, theological and political dimensions of horror, interrogate its peculiar affinity with philosophical thought, and uncover the horrors that may lie in wait for those that pursue rational thought beyond the bounds of the reasonable.

This unique volume continues Collapse's pursuit of interdisciplinary miscegenation, the wide-ranging contributions interacting to produce common themes and suggestive connections. In the process a rich and compelling case emerges for the intimate bond between horror and philosophical thought."
"I am a high-IQ mentally retarded adult, and bring to bear on intellectual pursuits the demonic energy which characterizes my species!" - Drinky Crow
Bored, Esq.

Re: Collapse Volume IV - Concept Horror (Thomas Ligotti inside)

Post by Bored, Esq. »

Thanks for posting this. Some really interesting stuff inside...
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Re: Collapse Volume IV - Concept Horror (Thomas Ligotti inside)

Post by cxwx »

I'm working on a Eugene Thacker book right now. Not terribly impressive so far. I'm in the middle of the chapter about black metal and I just keep thinking about "symposiums" and Deafhaven and just want to start laughing. I want a philosophical text to either be so obtuse it turns my brain into jelly or crushingly depressive. I hope that Ligotti treatise rips me in half when I get around to it. So far I've read one of his short story collections. He seems to be the only modern writer who is delving into what Lovecraft was trying to reach with a pure sense of "otherness" as inducing total dread.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage