Music posts are a bannable offense.
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by Mendicant »

Pisscubes wrote:
Mendicant wrote:
ungodlywarlock wrote:
Whee of the Dead wrote:I just hope the Michone (?) character is excised so it doesn't become too silly like the comic did.
No way!
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Her roll in the beginning of the series (the Governor storyline) is the best.

And right now I like how she's kind of the one slapping sense into Rick.
yeah I agree - Michonne is definitely needed and I don't think she is silly at all

I hope she starts with her "pets" like in the comic
I thought I read somewhere that she's not going to be in the show :(
hmm there is no listing on IMDb for Michonne so sadly you probably heard correctly

although the first season is only 6 episodes and so maybe they just don't get around to meeting her - I can't remember the timing in the comics
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

RE: Michone
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The director has already talked about her character being introduced in the next season and compared her entrance to being as bad ass as Clint riding into town in one of the old westerns
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

I dunno. I think there's room to be a realistic badass. They do exist in the world. :)
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Pisscubes wrote:
doomeddisciple wrote:RE: Michone
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The director has already talked about her character being introduced in the next season and compared her entrance to being as bad ass as Clint riding into town in one of the old westerns
That actually doesn't bode well.

I'll agree that she's the most unrealistic character in the entire comic, but it works in a comic. I think if they have her be a super bad-ass in the TV show it's going to take away the reality we're all loving so far in the show.

Not really - If you've read the comic read the spoiler - If not do so at your spoilage:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The Eastwood reference was compared directly to the scene in the comic of Michone's entrance in the snow with to jawless undead chained to her and her ninja sword badass self. The depth of Michone's character is just awesome. Whoever takes her role on has one of the more important roles in the show along with Rick for dealing with all those issues that many have identified as their favourite thing about the show: Normal people or "good guys" having to make choices in the new apocalypse.

The entrance the director talked about was about how bad ass her scene is in the comic and wanting to capture that, not a big action hero entrance.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Well
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Its not like a zombie is going to duck-dodge-parry-thrust
:)
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

She seemed like nothing more than the "bad ass grrrl" for the nerds to jerk off too.

Walking around with zombies in chains and swords is for manga horse shit, not realistic zombie drama.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Whee of the Dead wrote:She seemed like nothing more than the "bad ass grrrl" for the nerds to jerk off too.

Walking around with zombies in chains and swords is for manga horse shit, not realistic zombie drama.

Yeah -
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
The guv'nor sure hate fucked that out of her
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/11/01/th ... n-viewers/

Excellent.

This was the true test of its longevity on TV, looks good for 3 seasons at least you would think on the strength of the opening alone.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Looks like that viral leak ploy did it's job.

admirably
blastocystosis
O.G. Interwebber

Post by blastocystosis »

Fuck you Goatus.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I don't believe I shall.
Lord Beguile
JOSH

Post by Lord Beguile »

So I downloaded what I thought was the Walking Dead premiere last week and was pretty satisfied with the first episode.. that is until I noticed many of you were referring to the horse scene, which was not even close to what I saw. I later realized I had mistakenly downloaded the first episode of a similar series that debuted in the UK in 2008(?) called, Dead Set. Anyone seen or heard of this? AMC's Walking Dead is superior, but Dead Set was actually very good and well made. Anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about?
Bored013 wrote:I've spoke to a few girls after they've been raped...there is of course the pain, the violence, the degradation...but there is also the question. "Why did he leave?"
hana maru wrote:..i've dealt with tiny dicked men pounding on my girl parts for minutes at a time.
Mendicant
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Mendicant »

Lord Beguile wrote:So I downloaded what I thought was the Walking Dead premiere last week and was pretty satisfied with the first episode.. that is until I noticed many of you were referring to the horse scene, which was not even close to what I saw. I later realized I had mistakenly downloaded the first episode of a similar series that debuted in the UK in 2008(?) called, Dead Set. Anyone seen or heard of this? AMC's Walking Dead is superior, but Dead Set was actually very good and well made. Anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about?
is that the one set in a reality show? i've got it on my computer and have watched about half of it. Seemed promising
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

Someone tell me, are they gonna rerun that first episode before sunday night? I missed that shit.
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

MANTIS wrote:Someone tell me, are they gonna rerun that first episode before sunday night? I missed that shit.
I'm hoping it's available in OnDemand through Comcast. I want Sweaty to see it before the new episode this Sunday... :|
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

I can't do on demand where I'm at. I need a rerun goddammit!
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

Mendicant wrote:
Lord Beguile wrote:So I downloaded what I thought was the Walking Dead premiere last week and was pretty satisfied with the first episode.. that is until I noticed many of you were referring to the horse scene, which was not even close to what I saw. I later realized I had mistakenly downloaded the first episode of a similar series that debuted in the UK in 2008(?) called, Dead Set. Anyone seen or heard of this? AMC's Walking Dead is superior, but Dead Set was actually very good and well made. Anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about?
is that the one set in a reality show? i've got it on my computer and have watched about half of it. Seemed promising
IFC showed Dead Set in October and I haven't watched it yet but it looks good. I only got 15 minutes into The Walking Dead before I had to take care of my daughter, but holy fuck was it awesome. TOTAL 28 Days Later vibe from that. Can't wait to watch the rest of the show.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

there's always...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
the internet
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

MANTIS wrote:I can't do on demand where I'm at. I need a rerun goddammit!
:rhug:
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

MANTIS wrote:Someone tell me, are they gonna rerun that first episode before sunday night? I missed that shit.
I'm not sure, but I know XBL Zune as well as stuff like Itunes have it. Of course, that's for pay and that sucks, but if you find they aren't airing it again before next weekend there are those options at least.
Lord Beguile
JOSH

Post by Lord Beguile »

Mendicant wrote:
Yep, that's the one. The zombies were great in this one, just in a different way than Walking Dead. I loved how aggressive and hungry they seemed and not to ruin the plot for anyone, but the reality tv set scene was just perfect. :wink:
Bored013 wrote:I've spoke to a few girls after they've been raped...there is of course the pain, the violence, the degradation...but there is also the question. "Why did he leave?"
hana maru wrote:..i've dealt with tiny dicked men pounding on my girl parts for minutes at a time.
MANTIS
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by MANTIS »

Friendly Goatus wrote:there's always...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
the internet
This isn't my internet. I borrowed this internet.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I have the Dead Set series on DVD.

It's really quite good but the ending just pissed me right off.
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

New episode tonight. So stoked.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I enjoyed the scene in the premiere where the father had a hard time shooting his zombified wife even though he knew it was the best thing to do. Her coming to the door, looking in the peephole and turning the knob was fucking creepy. The zooms that Darabont uses (like the one when Rick goes to the farmhouse and sees the couple dead inside) are impactful and fit perfectly. Riding into town like The Man With No Name or some shit looked pretty badass and I even let out an "OH FUCK" when he rode around the corner and encountered the zombie horde.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
chrusti(ns)anity
Olde Timer

Post by chrusti(ns)anity »

don't know if you're still looking for it, but it's on hulu. http://www.hulu.com/watch/190905/the-wa ... s-gone-bye