I hate Nile and they didn't even...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Re: I hate Nile and they didn't even...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

I remember Rondot trying to make fun of Nile for using a keyboard as their DAW for a demo

Glad those synapses are still working and not, like, the ones for my grandfather's street address
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Like they were using it for recording and arrangement?
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

Bored001 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:27 pm
BUNGVOX wrote:nile was done after the first album.
:awesome:
I still stand by this statement.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:16 pm Like they were using it for recording and arrangement?
I think literally as just the thing you can plug into your computer, I dunno, I'm now wasting more synaptic connections hypothesizing about it

All I remember is Rondot + Nile + keyboards
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I’m remembering “with barley flour!!!!”
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Take a shot every time he says “wow!”

I didn’t subject myself to the entire 78 minutes of this. If you skip around you’d be amazed how long someone can talk nonstop about cakewalk and cubase. At one point he talks about how he can’t mix his liquors and puked from taking a shot of bourbon after he’d been pounding tequila and his roadies slapped around some guy who took a picture of it.
Last edited by cxwx on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Somebody's gotta have the Niles pic...
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Darkened Shrines is so much better than the rest of the catalog bro.

Also if you dont physically have the cd then youve never heard the album. 40 page foldout liner notes about saurian entombment is 50% of the song
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I’m surprised I didn’t post this 11 years ago, but every time I see Nile mentioned since this video came out I can’t think of. I thing else.

https://youtu.be/xlfz6iUhKpY
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Karl is a goofy ass dude but I still have a special spot for Nile.

I'm pretty sure he's on the spectrum.

My friend used to intern for The End Records and witnessed Karl geek out over a sportscar outside of the building.

"Amongst the Catacombs..." is still one of my favorite albums and I still listen to it regularly. 'Serpent Headed Mask,' 'Howling of the Jinn,' and 'Opening of the Mouth' are the gateway for my obsession for the riff-salad style of Brutal Death Metal. Forcing riffs together and pulling them off with conviction.

it will be only a matter of time when someone finally catches up to them and they get sued:

both of the Gojira and Lord of the Rings themes are on this song.

I gotta give it to Karl for his tenacity. I just feel bad for Dallas, Pete and Chief.

This is Dallas' post-Nile band:
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

The original lineup ripping it up at the Satyricon in 1998 was totally crushing. I mean me and Jesus H. Dump were bummed that Vader had to go back to Poland.

I remember being pissed "Nile? I saw their album at the record store the other day. It looked stupid as fuck." We had no idea what we were in for.

Pete coming out and hitting a couple of drums like a half head.....I was thinking he was a drum tech.

They hit the stage and it was a goddamned hailstorm of riff fuckery. I bought the album the next day.

I seriously do not think they have been the same since Pete and Chief left.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

kevin hash wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:15 am The original lineup ripping it up at the Satyricon in 1998 was totally crushing. I mean me and Jesus H. Dump were bummed that Vader had to go back to Poland.

I remember being pissed "Nile? I saw their album at the record store the other day. It looked stupid as fuck." We had no idea what we were in for.

Pete coming out and hitting a couple of drums like a half head.....I was thinking he was a drum tech.

They hit the stage and it was a goddamned hailstorm of riff fuckery. I bought the album the next day.

I seriously do not think they have been the same since Pete and Chief left.
Yeah, I had the same reaction. I saw their album covers in Metal Maniacs and at the record store - I agree that it looked stupid as fuck.

But when they hit the stage, they were the ugliest dudes to ever hit the stage, and a dude playing a FENDER STRAT? What a bunch of nerds.

Triple vocal attack, the stupid fan making Chief look like a Super Saiyan, Dallas' weird picking style. I was blown the fuck away. They closed with 'Smashing The Antiu.'

That was the ideal lineup. It's so boring to watch them these days.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

couldn't agree with you guys more - seeing Nile in the '90s was something else entirely

bring back the laptop crashes
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

anyone who was in the presence of the fan en-blowing'd hair version with chief knows whats up
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

That show was full of winds of hell fan play.

Morbid Angel was all about that shit. Steve Tucker standing onstage with his arms crossed all billy badass style while one of those instrumental tracks from "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh" was blaring on the PA. The satanic winds blowing his fine whispy locks.

Then here comes Erik Rutan......also with windy hellwinds cutting a fine form on his glam rock curls.

What a bunch of fags.

But goddamn they ruled. What a fuckin show.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Goddammit 1998 was a blesséd time for meatheads, everybody's drums were flying, 9/11 hadn't happened yet,
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

FLYING
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

The 90s when "triggered" meant your bass drum.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

as a 3 piece without karl
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Geeheeb wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:14 pmFLYING
:lol:
kevin hash wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:28 pm The 90s when "triggered" meant your bass drum.
:awesome: :awesome:
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

That tour with Morbid Angel was my first death metal show (or any kind of post-thrash anything). Vehemence played their first gig ever opening the show. Little did I know I was just sticking my head through the door at such a perfect moment. I was already into Catacombs and still getting into Morbid Angel. The 90s were such a weird time for music exploration...I remember coming out of the record store with used CDs and tapes from Suffocation and Big Punisher in the same trip.

I love Karl's solo albums too, would love to see that stuff done live like a Heilung show.
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

Warpsmasher wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:23 pm That tour with Morbid Angel was my first death metal show (or any kind of post-thrash anything). Vehemence played their first gig ever opening the show. Little did I know I was just sticking my head through the door at such a perfect moment. I was already into Catacombs and still getting into Morbid Angel. The 90s were such a weird time for music exploration...I remember coming out of the record store with used CDs and tapes from Suffocation and Big Punisher in the same trip.

I love Karl's solo albums too, would love to see that stuff done live like a Heilung show.
90s were great for killer music scores.

Go in with some cash come out with albums from Cocteau Twins and Mortician.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

kevin hash wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:38 pm That show was full of winds of hell fan play.

Morbid Angel was all about that shit. Steve Tucker standing onstage with his arms crossed all billy badass style while one of those instrumental tracks from "Formulas Fatal to the Flesh" was blaring on the PA. The satanic winds blowing his fine whispy locks.

Then here comes Erik Rutan......also with windy hellwinds cutting a fine form on his glam rock curls.

What a bunch of fags.

But goddamn they ruled. What a fuckin show.
Steve Tucker's stage presence during that era of MA was untouchable. The Lemmy-tilted microphone, beating the shit out of his bass that you couldn't hear, and Rutan's hair going wild. They fucking ruled.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Warpsmasher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:55 am Up for grabs: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/msg/ ... 93277.html
kid you'll poke an eye out with that thing
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.