Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by MPD »

Northern Exposure - 9
Telemarketers - 10
kevin hash
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by kevin hash »

The Bill wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:00 am I watched a bunch of Food Network shows late at night when we’d get back to the hotels. Do they only employ like 6 chefs? It’s always Booby Flay, Grimace body Italian lady, annoying white hair lady, some black dude, steroid man, and Guy “I still think it’s 1999” Fieri. And all these dumb shows are just game shows. I never learned how to cook a damn thing.
Emeril is the only motherfucker that shows the viewer how to cook.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Atlanta
Season 4 -8.5
Season 3 - 9.5
Season 2 - 8.75
Season 1 - 9
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Only Murders in the Building - 7/10 despite cursing, blood, and murder there’s something wholesome about this that I like. Short and Martin are leagues beyond any recent comedic actors it’s not funny. Selena Gomez confuses me, she kind of sultry and has nice globules, but I think she’s eating something she’s allergic to.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ahsoka - 4/10 maybe.

I really don't know WTF they think they're doing anymore. This could absolutely have been a good show, it just isn't.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:29 am Ahsoka - 4/10 maybe.

I really don't know WTF they think they're doing anymore. This could absolutely have been a good show, it just isn't.
I discussed with you previously, but all of it. All of it should just be thrown out. The original 3, some of the books & Dark Horse comics, and the 90’s video games are canon only. Mandalorian and Andor are nice alt-reality fan fiction. If I became a trillionaire and buy Coca Cola, then decided to discontinue Cherry-Coke in favor of Period Pad-Coke doesn’t suddenly change Coke’s history and make something new better just because I threw a lot of money at it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:45 am
I discussed with you previously, but all of it. All of it should just be thrown out. The original 3, some of the books & Dark Horse comics, and the 90’s video games are canon only. Mandalorian and Andor are nice alt-reality fan fiction. If I became a trillionaire and buy Coca Cola, then decided to discontinue Cherry-Coke in favor of Period Pad-Coke doesn’t suddenly change Coke’s history and make something new better just because I threw a lot of money at it.
This post is enhanced considerably by the fact that Lone Starr and Barf are staring at it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

New Fargo in November.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The Bill wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:45 am . If I became a trillionaire and buy Coca Cola, then decided to discontinue Cherry-Coke in favor of Period Pad-Coke
:lol: :lol:
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Ahsoka - 5.5/10 - The trailers gave me some high expectations, but once I realized that this wasn't going to be great, I resigned myself to enjoying the art direction (which for Thrawn and his army was pretty great). I don't know why all the women were constantly slyly smiling at each other, but it happened all the time. When the first jump was made to Dathomir, it felt like they crossed over to the Dune universe - and maybe that was intentional given that the Nightsisters are like the Bene Gesserit. Maybe it will find it's footing in future seasons, like Rebels did.

Killing It (S1 & S2) - 8/10 - Expectations were low, but by the time Tim Heidecker showed up as the grindset millionaire psycho, Rodney LaMonca, I was on board. It's also got some pretty graphic gore and nudity, which was unexpected - but makes sense for a show that starts out centered around a snake killing competition. Because it's on Peacock, I will be surprised if it gets a 3rd season.

Taskmaster (S1) - 7.5/10 - Wholesome British competition entertainment on Youtube.

Only Murders in the Building (S3) - 5/10 - As much as I like the cast, this season didn't do it for me. I'm not a theater guy, and this season felt like the theater kids in the writers room were given too long of a leash to write too many theater kid jokes. Wasn't for me.

Currently, I'm watching Jury Duty on FreeVee (via Amazon Prime) and it's pretty amazing - I'm late to the party on this one. I have a couple episodes left, but so far, it's 10/10. Also watching Gen V (The Boys spin off), which I'm enjoying so far but it's extremely graphic. I've never seen so many long, close-up shots of dicks in a show.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:12 pm
The Bill wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:45 am . If I became a trillionaire and buy Coca Cola, then decided to discontinue Cherry-Coke in favor of Period Pad-Coke
:lol: :lol:
Anikan Skywalker used the force to get Padme to like him. He’s a rapist!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

did they do THRAWN justice? i'm tempted to watch for that alone
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:38 am did they do THRAWN justice? i'm tempted to watch for that alone
Mads Mikkelson's bro (voice on Rebels) is the actor - and I think he did a good job - but I haven't read any of the Thrawn books, so I'm hardly the person to give a good answer. That said, I think the sections with his ship/army were the best parts of the series. You have to get through some kinda goofy stuff though.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:38 am did they do THRAWN justice? i'm tempted to watch for that alone
I refuse to watch, but my friend said they made him fat, and dorky, which would be the opposite of what the proper Thrawn’s personality would be.

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Hunter wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:30 am
Mads Mikkelson's bro (voice on Rebels) is the actor - and I think he did a good job - but I haven't read any of the Thrawn books, so I'm hardly the person to give a good answer. That said, I think the sections with his ship/army were the best parts of the series. You have to get through some kinda goofy stuff though.
I guess this is just Thrawn from the show, so spoilers

This is probably the best version of the show, with out Katherine Kennedy's misplaced girl power bullshit.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I don't really know what people expected because I haven't watched the cartoons that this is apparently a sequel to, but I kind of felt like the calm demeanor worked for the character. I just wonder if that was the intention or if he just did that delivery because everyone else in the show says their lines like they're falling asleep as well.

What definitely, 100%, did not work was portraying him as some sort of strategic mastermind who's always a step ahead of everyone else. He kept saying that that's what he was doing and all the characters around him seemed to think so as well, but it wasn't what was happening at all. It's a classic example of writers trying to create a character that's smarter than them and failing.

Anyway, it's just one example of what a pile of wasted potential this show was. The premise and the characters were fine, and it's not hard to imagine an alternate version of this that was actually good, it just, uh, wasn't.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:20 pm
I don't really know what people expected because I haven't watched the cartoons that this is apparently a sequel to, but I kind of felt like the calm demeanor worked for the character. I just wonder if that was the intention or if he just did that delivery because everyone else in the show says their lines like they're falling asleep as well.

What definitely, 100%, did not work was portraying him as some sort of strategic mastermind who's always a step ahead of everyone else. He kept saying that that's what he was doing and all the characters around him seemed to think so as well, but it wasn't what was happening at all. It's a classic example of writers trying to create a character that's smarter than them and failing.

Anyway, it's just one example of what a pile of wasted potential this show was. The premise and the characters were fine, and it's not hard to imagine an alternate version of this that was actually good, it just, uh, wasn't.
Grand Admiral Thrawn is NOT from some cartoon, that is not Bill's cannon. He's from a Star Wars trilogy of books from the 90's and a 90's flight simulator. If you can't keep up, stay out of the kitchen,
With love,
Jar-Jar
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:20 pm
Ha - yeah - This is pretty accurate, because while he was a strategic mastermind in Rebels, this felt more like:

Rebels: *did something*
Thrawn: "I knew they were going to do that. It was my plan all along."
Nightsisters & ex-Jedi: *GASP*

But scenes like this were pretty great, IMO:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Hunter wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:46 pm
Rebels: *did something*
Thrawn: "I knew they were going to do that. It was my plan all along."

godamnit this is what i was worried about but still :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i read those books way back in highschool or whenever they were around and that really was the appeal of the character at least in my memory. timothy zahn managed to pull of that thing where the guy feels really believable, multi faceted, calculating and most of all ruthless. like he wasnt a caricature or a daffy wizard like palpatine. a chill zealot willing to lose little battles here and there to maintain his objectives. a really unsual character in all of the star wars shit that almost doesnt even belong there..
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Preacher S01 - I, um... this is actually... good?
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Sure, if you are 15
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

kevin hash wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:09 pm
The Bill wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:00 am I watched a bunch of Food Network shows late at night when we’d get back to the hotels. Do they only employ like 6 chefs? It’s always Booby Flay, Grimace body Italian lady, annoying white hair lady, some black dude, steroid man, and Guy “I still think it’s 1999” Fieri. And all these dumb shows are just game shows. I never learned how to cook a damn thing.
Emeril is the only motherfucker that shows the viewer how to cook.
Apparently his rise to fame is directly at the hands of Shep Gordon, the rock manager who invented stadium rock tours before inventing the modern celeb chef.

https://www.fb101.com/a-conversation-wi ... rity-chef/
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Snowfall: Seasons 1- 6 - 10/10 - Probably the greatest series finale I've ever seen.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

MPD wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:44 pm Northern Exposure - 9
US w replacement fake music or UK w original pop song soundtrack?
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Wasn't that an American show?
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7