Rate the last series you watched.

Music posts are a bannable offense.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: Rate the last series you watched.

Post by ghost boner »

Yeah this new Fargo kills but to me it's not just Coen bros worship it feels like a lot of stuff all at once? I got a weird Tarantino vibe on episode 3 and they also played music from the shining in one scene? Also the nightmare before Christmas stuff was odd. Anyway, still fucking rules

Also, this looks badass

formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I hope its good. They didn't say the "WAR NEVER CHANGES" thing!!!
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters - 4 episodes in and I can say it's better than expected, so far so good. Never would have known that was Kurt Russell's son. Alwaiz diggin' Chris Heyerdahl too, good to see him.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

featherboa wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:55 am scavengers reign 9.5
I just watched the first episode of this, and it feels like an animated Moebius comic mixed with Fantastic Planet - Heavy Metal magazine
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The English (on prime) is insanely good. Ten skulls
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Hunter wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:00 pm
featherboa wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:55 am scavengers reign 9.5
I just watched the first episode of this, and it feels like an animated Moebius comic mixed with Fantastic Planet - Heavy Metal magazine
Shit gets intense after episode 5
No Cunting Elves
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

i might watch it again; it might be one of those things with secrets and clues throughout
Image Certified Poster
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Succession - 8.5/10
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Preacher - 7/10

For all the changes you made, it kinda has the same strengths and weaknesses as the comic.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

I was fully prepared to be a grouch about that show, but that first season really was pretty cool. They went and did their own thing with the ideas.

What killed me is that the characters just felt totally different, and more than anything that Ennis spirit of camaraderie felt absent. The need to park a tv show in a single location for an entire season totally altered the road trip flow of the comic, which is fine obviously but... I dunno I guess I got bored and wandered away.

The shit with the angels and the phone was great though.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:52 am What killed me is that the characters just felt totally different, and more than anything that Ennis spirit of camaraderie felt absent. The need to park a tv show in a single location for an entire season totally altered the road trip flow of the comic, which is fine obviously but... I dunno I guess I got bored and wandered away.
Yeah, way too much sitting around tables and staring blankly, especially in the second season. Generally I guess it helped that I never thought the comic was as great as everyone seemed to think, so I wasn't exactly throwing fits over the changes they'd made and just enjoyed what they got right. Starr in particular was so much like the comics, it was kind of unsettling at times. Like, the guy even looks like a Steve Dillon drawing.

My favorite part was the third season because "All in the Family" was my favorite arc of the comic and they really got those characters right. The last season just felt rushed and weird and silly. Things just happened so quickly that it became surreal, and they badly needed to make up their mind about what kind of character God was going to be because what ended up in the show was one of those characters with multiple personality disorder that I absolutely hate in poorly written TV shows.

But it was fine, and it's probably the reason The Boys exists, and that's a fucking fantastic show.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Wow, Bob, wow!

Twin Peaks the Return: rewatch!

The first time, back in 2017, I liked it but found it a frustrating ordeal. Now that I know what unfolds I’m so enjoying it more. I’m loving Dougie now.

Lynch is an odd bastard. Obviously, pretentious. Obviously, arrogant. Obviously, overhyped, honestly. But his second viewing of his stuff, I personally find, is always better than the first.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Jersey Shore reunion S5 - 3.5/10

Pauly continues to be the only likeable one. Mike trading his addiction to drugs for an addiction to gambling and no one batting an eye made me laff. Everyone else is stupid and boring.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

riley-o wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:58 am Jersey Shore reunion S5 - 3.5/10

Pauly continues to be the only likeable one. Mike trading his addiction to drugs for an addiction to gambling and no one batting an eye made me laff. Everyone else is stupid and boring.
BUT HOW WILL SAMMIE AND RON GET ALONG!
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Murder at the End of the World - 5/10 - Some nice cinematography, and had potential to be a pretty decent murder mystery, but it fell apart around half way through, IMO.

Scavenger's Reign - 10/10

I started watching The Curse last night and the first episode is insane.
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

What the fuck even is the curse? It's almost over and I still have no idea what's going on
formerly ghost boner
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

ghost boner wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:29 pm Yeah this new Fargo kills but to me it's not just Coen bros worship it feels like a lot of stuff all at once? I got a weird Tarantino vibe on episode 3 and they also played music from the shining in one scene? Also the nightmare before Christmas stuff was odd. Anyway, still fucking rules
No spoilers but that line sheriff Roy used towards the end of episode 8 is from a Tales From The Crypt episode.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I really enjoyed "The Old Man" even though parts of it were contrived.

"Chainsaw Man" was fun.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

cxwx wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:13 pm
ghost boner wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:29 pm Yeah this new Fargo kills but to me it's not just Coen bros worship it feels like a lot of stuff all at once? I got a weird Tarantino vibe on episode 3 and they also played music from the shining in one scene? Also the nightmare before Christmas stuff was odd. Anyway, still fucking rules
No spoilers but that line sheriff Roy used towards the end of episode 8 is from a Tales From The Crypt episode.

I got some major The Hudsucker Proxy vibes from this last episode.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

The curse - 9/10 WHAT THE FUCK?!
formerly ghost boner
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

ghost boner wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:25 pm The curse - 9/10 WHAT THE FUCK?!
YES!!

also, hard pro Scavengers Reign.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

the curse
fargo
scavenger reign

good tv run for me lately imo
Image Certified Poster
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Scavengers Reign burrowed into my spine and took over but then The Curse kicked my head in.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Echo is Disney trying to do Netflix Marvel and they can't really pull it off, but with the general state of Star Wars and Marvel these days, I guess it's good enough. It's miles ahead of Ahsoka.
Eight Bit Alien

I just can't man

I will just watch YouTube complications of season 1 Donofrio's Kingpin and weepsk