Sir Schwartz's Unstoppable Pro Wrestling Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Sir Schwartz's Unstoppable Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by The Bill »

The Schwartz wrote:Aries has been suspended 90 days by TNA because of their drug policy more than once.
What? TNA has a drug policy? Or more importantly, TNA actually enforces some sort of drug policy? Really? REALLY??!
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

i've been watchong RAW again for the first time in years.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

The Bill wrote:
The Schwartz wrote:Aries has been suspended 90 days by TNA because of their drug policy more than once.
What? TNA has a drug policy? Or more importantly, TNA actually enforces some sort of drug policy? Really? REALLY??!
no kidding. considering the doped up burnouts they got on their roster.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Broken Into Pieces wrote:third, was nice to see props given to Sami Callihan and Drake Younger on BUNGVOX's list of people WWE should hire, but I gotta say, I love Drake but he's pretty much useless if he's not allowed weapons at all... most of his matches in CZW involve weapon use (even the non-deathmatches), in Chikara he's used real infrequently (usually to lose to somebody while the commentators put him over as a tough guy), and in DGUSA he's seemingly been used for similar reasons to Chikara only with some sick bumps thrown in 'cause DGUSA doesn't need to stay PG... I love Drake as a wrestler, but if he's not allowed to either use weapons or take sick bumps then he's got no place in a promotion, his standard work is pretty sloppy and hit-and-miss
i think drake has potential and with a bit of seasoning he could become at least a mid-card player. same deal with scotty vortekx and masada. masada is a hard hitter who has been schooled by shawn michaels so you know he's got the skills to develop beyond the death match style that he is known for. these are all choices on the extreme end of the spectrum mind you.
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Dr Yail Bloor wrote:i've been watchong RAW again for the first time in years.
Me too, actually! The whole CM Punk thing has me half intrigued, half hoping they don't fuck it up so bad. And we are having a SummerSlam party with friends of ours, so if Punk comes out on top out comes the Pepsis!!!
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Turd Murder wrote:
Dr Yail Bloor wrote:i've been watchong RAW again for the first time in years.
Me too, actually! The whole CM Punk thing has me half intrigued, half hoping they don't fuck it up so bad. And we are having a SummerSlam party with friends of ours, so if Punk comes out on top out comes the Pepsis!!!
:tup:

that's bad ass!!!
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

According to his wikipedia page, he was suspended twice in TNA. Once was for turning up 4 hours late for a taping due to bad weather delaying travel (TNA had told him to cancel a ROH commitment to avoid this, Aries refused which is why he ended up being late). The other was because they expected him to come in to film some promos on what he believed to be a "day off", and apparently they didn't like his attitude when dealing with the issue.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

BUNGVOX wrote:
Broken Into Pieces wrote:third, was nice to see props given to Sami Callihan and Drake Younger on BUNGVOX's list of people WWE should hire, but I gotta say, I love Drake but he's pretty much useless if he's not allowed weapons at all... most of his matches in CZW involve weapon use (even the non-deathmatches), in Chikara he's used real infrequently (usually to lose to somebody while the commentators put him over as a tough guy), and in DGUSA he's seemingly been used for similar reasons to Chikara only with some sick bumps thrown in 'cause DGUSA doesn't need to stay PG... I love Drake as a wrestler, but if he's not allowed to either use weapons or take sick bumps then he's got no place in a promotion, his standard work is pretty sloppy and hit-and-miss
i think drake has potential and with a bit of seasoning he could become at least a mid-card player. same deal with scotty vortekx and masada. masada is a hard hitter who has been schooled by shawn michaels so you know he's got the skills to develop beyond the death match style that he is known for. these are all choices on the extreme end of the spectrum mind you.
Vortekz is already a great junior, and MASADA is an awesome brawler... I definitely wouldn't say either of those guys would be redundant if you took away their weapons.

MASADA is supposedly one of the stiffest guys in the industry. He's responsible for putting Thumbtack Jack out of the game for good, he broke TJ's spine with a suplex back in October. TJ still finished the match, which was over 20 minutes long (he broke his back near the start) including plenty of big bumps onto a broken back.

Gotta love MASADA's wooden skewer spot, too.
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

God! TNA ppv's are so blah.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

The Bill wrote:God! TNA ppv's are so blah.
oh yeah.....they had a ppv this evening didn't they?

i'm really suprised that they're still in business.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

BUNGVOX wrote:

I feel asleep during the middle of it. I think a regular episode of iMpact was better than this. I saw AT LEAST three matches that involved some sort of outside interference :fp:

Anyhow, the title match had a swerve, of course. A swerve that was completely unneeded and made no sense and anti-climatic and seemed real lazy. Fucking Russo, man, how bad is this dude's ADD?
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

The Bill wrote:
BUNGVOX wrote:

I feel asleep during the middle of it. I think a regular episode of iMpact was better than this. I saw AT LEAST three matches that involved some sort of outside interference :fp:

Anyhow, the title match had a swerve, of course. A swerve that was completely unneeded and made no sense and anti-climatic and seemed real lazy. Fucking Russo, man, how bad is this dude's ADD?
with the reputation russo has developed over the years i cannot believe any wrestling company is crazy enough to employ him. a large part of WCW's downfall can easily be attributed to him.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I hope Angle can come back to WWE eventually, but a part of me thinks the guy is legit insane and not far off from a Benoit-like meltdown at some point. He just seems kind of... off. He's had multiple DUIs, which I find funny because he always claimed he never drank, so I'm assuming he's got a painkiller problem. TNA is just so bush league and god-awful for the most part, it's hard to watch, but I still get enjoyment out of Angle being in the ring, most of the time.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
F/K/A HAPF
How's them beans, ma?

Post by F/K/A HAPF »

Angle couldn't cleanly beat a shell of Sting? Hogan really needed to show up just to get exposure during the main event? Bischoff, Hogan, and Russo are lucky Dixie Carter has a power company throwing cash at her mistakes. None should be employed and WWE won't even end up buying TNA or stealing their talents.
Xbox live: dashboardmelted or HAPF
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

godofdeadlydeath wrote:I hope Angle can come back to WWE eventually, but a part of me thinks the guy is legit insane and not far off from a Benoit-like meltdown at some point. He just seems kind of... off. He's had multiple DUIs, which I find funny because he always claimed he never drank, so I'm assuming he's got a painkiller problem. TNA is just so bush league and god-awful for the most part, it's hard to watch, but I still get enjoyment out of Angle being in the ring, most of the time.
his original WWF/WWE run was top shelf. the stuff i have seen of him in TNA indicates that he can still go. i totally agree that he's heading for a nervous breakdown of some kind. apparently they gave him the title last night so that sting can go embarass himself in yet another feud with hogan. guys like angle spout of stuff about TNA being the best and that he wants to give them a boost but i think he has to be on drugs to be saying that and believing it. i'd like to see him do a final run in WWE but who knows if that will happen.

i sometimes envision angle pulling a flair and overstaying his welcome by 15-20 years which is a depressing thought given angle's credentials.
godofdeadlydeath

BUNGVOX wrote:
godofdeadlydeath wrote:I hope Angle can come back to WWE eventually, but a part of me thinks the guy is legit insane and not far off from a Benoit-like meltdown at some point. He just seems kind of... off. He's had multiple DUIs, which I find funny because he always claimed he never drank, so I'm assuming he's got a painkiller problem. TNA is just so bush league and god-awful for the most part, it's hard to watch, but I still get enjoyment out of Angle being in the ring, most of the time.
his original WWF/WWE run was top shelf. the stuff i have seen of him in TNA indicates that he can still go. i totally agree that he's heading for a nervous breakdown of some kind. apparently they gave him the title last night so that sting can go embarass himself in yet another feud with hogan. guys like angle spout of stuff about TNA being the best and that he wants to give them a boost but i think he has to be on drugs to be saying that and believing it. i'd like to see him do a final run in WWE but who knows if that will happen.

i sometimes envision angle pulling a flair and overstaying his welcome by 15-20 years which is a depressing thought given angle's credentials.
If he cleans up his act and ends up like Flair, as a mediocre wrestler with an amazing pedigree that can still pull off great matches when needed (see: Flair's ladder match with Edge, or his match vs. HHH in 2003), I'll be fine with that. I'd just hate to see the guy lose his mind and kill himself or something like that. If it means he can go back to the WWE and be an on-air figure of some sort, I'd be happy (his run as Smackdown! GM in 2003/2004 was pretty great).

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

You know, Angle is seriously trying to make the USA Olympic wrestling team. Oh boy, talk about delusions of grandeur.

He's had some damn good matches with AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson (Mr. Kennedy), and Jeff Jarret within a years time recently, but this crap with Sting last night, no good. Also, he looks weird lately, maybe he lost weight for the Olympic tryouts, but there's something disturbing about him.
godofdeadlydeath

The Bill wrote:You know, Angle is seriously trying to make the USA Olympic wrestling team. Oh boy, talk about delusions of grandeur.

He's had some damn good matches with AJ Styles, Mr. Anderson (Mr. Kennedy), and Jeff Jarret within a years time recently, but this crap with Sting last night, no good. Also, he looks weird lately, maybe he lost weight for the Olympic tryouts, but there's something disturbing about him.
He's certainly slimmer, but that can probably only be a good thing for his health. His last days in the WWE, his figure was so bizarre. You could tell he had muscle atrophy in one of his arms because it was much skinnier than the other, and his legs were really thin but his chest and torso seemed oddly wide. He looks a little more evened-out now, but definitely small.

BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

godofdeadlydeath wrote:
The Bill wrote:You know, Angle is seriously trying to make the USA Olympic wrestling team. Oh boy, talk about delusions of grandeur.

He's certainly slimmer, but that can probably only be a good thing for his health. His last days in the WWE, his figure was so bizarre. You could tell he had muscle atrophy in one of his arms because it was much skinnier than the other, and his legs were really thin but his chest and torso seemed oddly wide. He looks a little more evened-out now, but definitely small.
his neck issues have caused his body some real problems. it's really amazing that he can still pull off great matches.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Punk does it again!
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

Punk owned the contract signing. Cena couldn't stay in character to save his life. He took away a bit from the seriousness of it. SummerSlam may be a one match show but it's gonna hopefully be a heck of a match.

The Rock's mic skills are still there. Who wouldn't much rather see a war of words with the Rock & Punk?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Turd Murder wrote:Punk owned the contract signing. Cena couldn't stay in character to save his life. He took away a bit from the seriousness of it. SummerSlam may be a one match show but it's gonna hopefully be a heck of a match.

The Rock's mic skills are still there. Who wouldn't much rather see a war of words with the Rock & Punk?
I dare say Cena was not bad tonight. I also really like the Summerslam commercial promo, best commercial ad they've had in years:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Rawpload#p/u/2/jVbMJolVdFk

I think this Youtube dick has embedding disabled.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

is that Misawa?

whoever it is, that is one fucking SICK bomb/driver hybrid... broken neck waiting to happen
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

I stole that from the old board (one of Robert's wrestling threads? I think) where he elaborated so eloquently at length about that particular variation of the power bomb. Who would take that move??
Turd Murder
One Of Many Accounts

Post by Turd Murder »

The Ganso Bomb, as invented by Kawada (if the internet isn't lying to me):