Danzig bringing the LOLs

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Re: Danzig bringing the LOLs

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Every time I see Metallica or Megadeth or some washed up metal band do/say "past their prime" stupid shit I can't help but get annoyed, but when Danzig does it just pulls at my heart strings. It's just so endearingly stupid.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

A long time ago I read an interview with Danzig where he said he pretty much relies on stage presence and good performance live than actually sounding like he does on recording.
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
p4vl
Cause Of Death

Post by p4vl »

Pisscubes wrote:A friend of mine INSISTS that last new years eve when she saw Danzig he sounded AMAZING and was just crooning all buttery-black-smooth-evil style and the Misfits songs sounded just like the recordings, etc.

I have no proof, but I think she must be a filthy liar.
Danzig didn't sound like that even back in the late 70's. I really respect his work, but Danzig always sounded out of breath live. She's either bullshitting or she doesn't have a nerd's-eye-view of what a singer should sound like.

Nothing he does could take away from my respect for his (studio) work. Nice to know that he insists on trying to wipe his ass with his career.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Pisscubes wrote:A friend of mine INSISTS that last new years eve when she saw Danzig he sounded AMAZING and was just crooning all buttery-black-smooth-evil style and the Misfits songs sounded just like the recordings, etc.

I'll have to say that when I saw him a year or two ago he sounded quite decent.......when he was actually singing. He had the mic away from his face at least 50% of the time but the other 50% when he actually sang was surprisingly good. When he was audible on Tired Of Being Alive it actually gave me goose bumps straight from 1990.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

:fp: silence is a woman's glory.
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

Introvert wrote:

I'll have to say that when I saw him a year or two ago he sounded quite decent.......when he was actually singing. He had the mic away from his face at least 50% of the time but the other 50% when he actually sang was surprisingly good. When he was audible on Tired Of Being Alive it actually gave me goose bumps straight from 1990.
I had the same experience. Her Black Wings was a goosebump-inducing live music bucket list moment for me as well. He could've just played the first 2 albums thru, and 86'd the little tired Misfits set at the end and I would've been a happy man.
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

Someone needs to take a mallet and put him out of his misery, bashing him upon the head until he can croon no longer. Jeez
Mooretician
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Mooretician »

Introvert wrote:

I'll second this. I saw him last year and though I won't say there was not an ABUNDANCE of lol-worthy flexing and frail old man vocals, the whole thing was split pretty evenly between "Eh, this is pretty shitty" to "Holy FUCK IT'S DANZIG AND HE IS SINGING HER BLACK WINGS AND OH SHIT THIS RULES". I was also semi-shitfaced.
copstache wrote:on a positive note, i hope if i get old and encrippled my nurses come and put on Judeobeast Assassin and watch my horrible atrophied limbs twitch in some mess of neurons flickering and dying
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

Pisscubes wrote:I guess I just need to see some live footage... ANY live footage from the last 10 years where Danzig is actually singing well, if only for a bit.
this one aint too bad. pretty representative of the show I saw.

elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:I made the terrible mistake years ago of reading a groupie forum where the girls rated their conquests and talked about their experiences...so basically I know that Danzig has a two inch penis and cries/gets distant after sex. I can never erase that from my mind and it's what I think of every time I watch him sing. It's a goddamn shame.
How's this surprising?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:I guess I just need to see some live footage... ANY live footage from the last 10 years where Danzig is actually singing well, if only for a bit.
this one aint too bad. pretty representative of the show I saw.

He's completely off-key a bunch of times !
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Santa Claus
Danzig's sexual prowess
Ghosts
My kids
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

riley-o wrote:He's completely off-key a bunch of times !
somebody's sober!
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

since the only thing he'll allow within one foot of his mouth is a roast beef sandwich from Subway, maybe the microphone should be slapped between two pieces of bread.
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

riley-o wrote: He's completely off-key a bunch of times !
So are the juggalos singing along. For the record, it's not like I said "here's a wonderful Danzig performance!".

And I'm sober for at least the next hour or so.
elephants gerald wrote:
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Foot Foot wrote:since the only thing he'll allow within one foot of his mouth is a roast beef sandwich from Subway, maybe the microphone should be slapped between two pieces of bread.
I got something to say, this sub is tasty today!!
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

That's bullshit. We all know he survives off meatball subs.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:
F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:I made the terrible mistake years ago of reading a groupie forum where the girls rated their conquests and talked about their experiences...so basically I know that Danzig has a two inch penis and cries/gets distant after sex. I can never erase that from my mind and it's what I think of every time I watch him sing. It's a goddamn shame.
How's this surprising?
It's the confirmation, man. I mean, sure I suspected Santa wasn't real as a kid, but it wasn't until I really found out that it stung.

i just pictured him howling after sex, not as a conquest but like lone wolf crooning at the moon for company.
pulsedemon
Full of Angre

Post by pulsedemon »

I Punched Danzig in the Face And His Asshole Fans Keep Hassling Me About It

http://www.vice.com/read/i-punched-danzig-in-the-face

Sad Danzig
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I remember that getting posted on some incarnation of the board and the phrase "Glenn's cock is just like him: short."
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Pisscubes wrote:It WAS funny when Danzig got hit, but after releasing a fucking book about the subject and now a new article, this dude just looks pathetic. At least Danzig was part of more than a few awesome records.
yeah.....that dude will high five himself for the rest of his life over that.

some people just don't have lofty standards for their earthly existence. some are born to be president, some are born to be philosophers, scientists, heroes. On the other hand some are only born to smoke crack, fuck butts, and punch danzigs.
godofdeadlydeath

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

BUNGVOX wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:It WAS funny when Danzig got hit, but after releasing a fucking book about the subject and now a new article, this dude just looks pathetic. At least Danzig was part of more than a few awesome records.
yeah.....that dude will high five himself for the rest of his life over that.

some people just don't have lofty standards for their earthly existence. some are born to be president, some are born to be philosophers, scientists, heroes. On the other hand some are only born to smoke crack, fuck butts, and punch danzigs.
He had an in-depth interview in Decibel about it, too. So yeah, this guy's a media whore.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Foot Foot

Post by Foot Foot »

http://danzig-verotik.com/svm/index.htm

Danzig w/ Cherry Currie doing "Some Velvet Morning".

:|
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

That was terrible.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

When you do a cover of a Nancy Sinatra song and Entombed did it better than you, it's really, really, really time to hang it up. Guy's voice is so shot, it's just depressing.